The Farm Race Track

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Judan

The Farm Race Track

Post by Judan »

Hey Guys, Ok heres my first go at a track i'm having a bit of a problem with the timing gates where u get penalized every race so if any of you guys can fix it please go ahead.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ldddhymoiwg

and please comment on the track
thanks

Judan.
Kawasakis

Re: The Farm Race Track

Post by Kawasakis »

Please post a pic ,becouse i dont want to downloading this with no pic.. lol :D
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Twitch
Team: Privateer

Post by Twitch »

kawasaki your lazy boy! ahahahaha
is only 1mb, download and check! :D :D :D :D
MXS Online #239
moorin

Post by moorin »

not bad for a first track, the textures are too shabby either but next time make the whoops a bit longer and not as sharp and all the jump faces need to have a curve put into them and your berms are too steep and thin
YAMAHA privateers moorin,
if you aint rubbin you aint dubbin!
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

Yeah, it was a good track but the whoops were really sharp :shock:
And the berms were..kinda too..steep? O,o..But anyway, really fun track! Whoops were really hard, but maybe its just me o,o I suck at whoopssss......
russ190

Post by russ190 »

lots of whoops :shock: fun track. I like that is not super long or short
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Try this for your gate order:

firstlap:
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 3
normallap:
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 3

I'd make the gates smaller too. They're so wide it would be easy to cut the track.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
hiltongreen984

Post by hiltongreen984 »

Awsome Track, But Its A Little Wide :D
Team Stock Honda Hiltongreen984
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Judan wrote:Hey Guys, Ok heres my first go at a track i'm having a bit of a problem with the timing gates where u get penalized every race so if any of you guys can fix it please go ahead.
and please comment on the track
thanks
Well, here's my ideas on this track. Mediocre at best. First off the track is much too wide to even be considered realistic. The disp map is decent I guess for a first track but it lacked rhythm. The berms are way too tall and steep with no transition to the normal ground height. Aside from this the are much too far out of the way of the inside lines. The inside ruts on the first corner are very rough and not even worth the time to take them. I feel that the disp should have been placed in the center of the map becuase there was nothing else on the map anyways. Next time maybe add some hills to mix it up a little. The textures suck imo. The stock texs were good at first but now they are much too overused. I realize this is your first track and that is probably all you had available, but try not to use them again. Lastly, the start gates are not placed at good intervals and they all hit each other. Oh yeah, and spend some more time on a name next go around. "The Farm" is not doing it for me. Take these suggestions as constructive criticism, I know it sucks to have your first track pounded into the ground, my tracks still get raped, but with this advice your coming tracks will be much better to ride and look at. It takes practice and time, but we can all pump out good enough tracks with both of these.

ddmx
Judan

Post by Judan »

mm the only reason that the track is like of to the top left is because i have no idea how to put them some were else other than look at a different track till i like the position the other tracks are in and copy the starting gate file into mine. And ye the whoops are very hard lol only made it once, tip is just try get really fast and lean back :lol:

and last of i called it the farm race track as i may be making this in the next 3 weeks for me and my friend to have some fun on up at my uncles farm.
Twitch

Post by Twitch »

hey , that track is so fun :!: haha i liked a lot
MXS Online #239
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

This was a awsome 1st track buddy! Make another track.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Judan

Post by Judan »

Ye ill start a different track my friend drew up as a idea for a track at my uncles farm aswell
nickmx

Post by nickmx »

this is a pretty fun track
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

Judan wrote:Ye ill start a different track my friend drew up as a idea for a track at my uncles farm aswell
Need any beta testers? :P