Farm AX Rd1

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
ShowtimeMx

Farm AX Rd1

Post by ShowtimeMx »

Well here is the latest release from me I hope everyone enjoys, just a little warning this track is not super easy it is meant to be pretty tough because of the new physics. (just ask Factory Br he had all sorts of troubles)

This track has a few cool features that hopefully everyone will like:

There is a timing board that i will keep updated with the top 3 fastest laptimes, this means that if you get a fast lap and you send me the screenshot and your info i will put it on the timing board and update the billboard texture every week.

also i have some billboards on the wall that will be changed with pictures or sponsers from people in the community, so if you have a good shot send it my way and i will put it in the building, or if you want to sponser a race send it my way.

anyways i hope everyone will enjoy this track as a lot of time was spent on it.

thanks to Factory br for all the help and Wake for testing.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dn3jhy15xzj

Peace
ShowtimeMx
"this community has more little kids than michael jacksons neverland ranch on easter" -ddmx
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Re: Farm AX Rd1

Post by DankeKTM21 »

ow, cant download =/
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Wow, that is amazing. I love these themed tracks. I really love what you have done with the objects. I'm not too keen on the disp I have to say, its alright, but just a little plain, and those whoops are hard as.

As you called it round 1, I'm guessing you will be releasing more. Next time, you should add lights, and I'll have a go at adding flares to them. Along with that, I'd like to have a go at painting in the shading.ppm to give the track some actual indoor lighting effects (like having the light trail into the track at the entrance of the barn, if you get what I mean).
ShowtimeMx

Post by ShowtimeMx »

DJ wrote:Wow, that is amazing. I love these themed tracks. I really love what you have done with the objects. I'm not too keen on the disp I have to say, its alright, but just a little plain, and those whoops are hard as.

As you called it round 1, I'm guessing you will be releasing more. Next time, you should add lights, and I'll have a go at adding flares to them. Along with that, I'd like to have a go at painting in the shading.ppm to give the track some actual indoor lighting effects (like having the light trail into the track at the entrance of the barn, if you get what I mean).
SOLD, i would love to see some indoor lighting effects and flares, so for round 2 i will send you the stuff and get it going...

thanks DJ
"this community has more little kids than michael jacksons neverland ranch on easter" -ddmx
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

wow its way harder thank standart AX1 lol :D , i dont like those ruts in corner when going in whoops,its so hard to make them good,but other stuff are good :) good work!
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

DJD

Post by DJD »

Its been awhile since i've yelled at my computer screen................. :evil:

I love the track though.........just the finish line jump is a little wierd in my opion.....

But Very well done!!!! I managed a 28.7.......
DankeKTM21

Post by DankeKTM21 »

i got it!, its siick man siiick!!!, i love it, greaat work, thank u guys, thank you BR too, Best Supercross heree! :D

keep them comming

10/10 awesome

Image 8)
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Well, this is a decent track, probably 6/10. Nothing too special and also not horrible by any means. Here's my rundown. Textures: -2. The stock textures are overused. They were good in the beginning when we were coming off of two tone tracks, but now it's time to get creative. I like how you made up some rut decals, those were good. As far as the base texs though, try some different techniques. With a disp map of this size you could have taken a tiled approach and ended up with much better texs imo. Also could have gotten some varying dirt color in there also with that method. Disp: -1. The disp map was ok. I like how you made the track rough, that's not what takes the disp map down. The disp map is hurt by the fact that it looks rushed. The jumps don't flow at all either. The rhythm section is all together too close and too low. Raise it up a bit and try to add some flow. Track Path: -1. Every AX you have done have followed the same track path, start left left right left. Try changing it up a bit. Mirror the track to the right, or make a lane that runs behind the start. Hell, and over under would also be a neat addition. I love the creativity with the Farm setting. The old building and posters on the wall set it off. Also the idea of the current lap times is great. Really shows ingenuity. Object placement was also very good imo. The bales were all neatly arranged along the edges and with the current system this must have taken some time. Good job with that. One minor thing though, the bales before the finish line didn't have collision. I figured those mammoth things were there to keep me from flying into the far wall but I guess not this time. Overall, it's a pretty good track, not excellent, not average, but pretty good. I would like to see a better disp, more creative texturing styles, and some creative layouts in your upcoming AX's.

ddmx
DankeKTM21

Post by DankeKTM21 »

ddmx488 wrote:Well, this is a decent track, probably 6/10. Nothing too special and also not horrible by any means. Here's my rundown. Textures: -2. The stock textures are overused. They were good in the beginning when we were coming off of two tone tracks, but now it's time to get creative. I like how you made up some rut decals, those were good. As far as the base texs though, try some different techniques. With a disp map of this size you could have taken a tiled approach and ended up with much better texs imo. Also could have gotten some varying dirt color in there also with that method. Disp: -1. The disp map was ok. I like how you made the track rough, that's not what takes the disp map down. The disp map is hurt by the fact that it looks rushed. The jumps don't flow at all either. The rhythm section is all together too close and too low. Raise it up a bit and try to add some flow. Track Path: -1. Every AX you have done have followed the same track path, start left left right left. Try changing it up a bit. Mirror the track to the right, or make a lane that runs behind the start. Hell, and over under would also be a neat addition. I love the creativity with the Farm setting. The old building and posters on the wall set it off. Also the idea of the current lap times is great. Really shows ingenuity. Object placement was also very good imo. The bales were all neatly arranged along the edges and with the current system this must have taken some time. Good job with that. One minor thing though, the bales before the finish line didn't have collision. I figured those mammoth things were there to keep me from flying into the far wall but I guess not this time. Overall, it's a pretty good track, not excellent, not average, but pretty good. I would like to see a better disp, more creative texturing styles, and some creative layouts in your upcoming AX's.

ddmx
its because they are Arenacross :P
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

krb_danke#21 wrote:
ddmx488 wrote: Every AX you have done have followed the same track path, start left left right left.
ddmx
its because they are Arenacross :P
Just becuase it holds the title Ax, doesn't mean that it has to follow the same layout. All I'm looking for is a little more creativity. Just for you I have made an amazing sample tex illustrating the possibilities for tight ax's. None of this is a pun by any means.

DankeKTM21

Post by DankeKTM21 »

so true, sorry :wink:
jbob23
Team: Privateer

Post by jbob23 »

great track! u must be puttin in 9 hour days in mx sim. thx for all ur hard work lately with the new rider and then this track. the objects are really cool and it all goes together well. i like the feeling of the big shed or whatever. everything looks awesome. the billboard with the names is really cool also. the tex look great to me. i think ddmx is saying there is a lot that can be done with the system. no1 has really gotten too far into it yet. but the ones on this track look damn good to me. track rides great. i like all the extra ruts and bumps. i usuallly suck at going thru the whoops in this game. but im blitzing them fairly good on ur track. (try running the left side of them)
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Just a quick edit of the shading.ppm file

JX_Rang

Post by JX_Rang »

Great track Showtime, textures and obj placment were spot on imo and racing inside of a shed was a nice change of pace, Keep up the great work.
Ride like nobody can see you and those that can want to kill you
epik

Post by epik »

This track reminds me alot of these indoor pull barn tracks that are popin up all over the place these days. I will agree that the map was a little simple but I really think the objects and the overall look of it makes up for it. I really like the way the track was deteriorated, in the midwest these indoor tracks really get like that when the temp changes erratically. Great job.