Red Bud 2010, Race Version

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Duckstream

Re: Red Bud 2010, Race Version

Post by Duckstream »

TBARRY34 wrote:Damn Siemielienko ran a 1:59......Ah howw
siemen quit mxs ages ago (thats what i heard)
so not this one like butler sayd.

but im amazed off scotts time.. on the two stroke..
TBARRY34
Team: BARRY

Post by TBARRY34 »

Oh wow, aha I looked at "red bud" not "redbud10"

Can someone delete that last post by me?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

No, you're stuck with that post. :D

The track worked great for last night's race. Here are the only changes I'd make:

- Put a hard marker (one with a collision) on the inside edge of each timing gate so you know if you've cut.
- Smooth out the second and third turns to avoid first lap pileups.
- On the off camber, it would be more even if there were a bigger berm on the outside.
- Realign the textures on the tabletop before the leap. Feels like they lead you to the left.

This is just nitpicking though. The track is great. Probably the best track for racing so far, which is by far the most important thing.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

It's a really fun track, but a few things irritate me. The corner after the whoops feels like it has no flow to it. The top part of the turn falls away, so you can't actually ride the outside. The corner after the stepup in the woods (after the Red Bud table), is awkward. The rut doesn't flow on the inside. It starts so late. And the off camber rut (where Tyla crashed) is just a pain, as well as the only line in the turn after. It feels like the corner isn't as tight as it is with the rut. And other than that, there's not too much wrong. It feels like the insides always beat the outsides though, and the corner before the sweeper(the one dungey flipped on last year), feels too tight.

The single that Alessi wrecked on in 08 is way too violent and quick.
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

sorry for a dumb question but is there anywhere i can look at laptimes or do use jus share demos
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

http://elsinore.mxsimulator.com:8080/mxsim/ and then Laprecords, fastest lap is a 2:02 by pinned
22sheza

Post by 22sheza »

love the track the only thing that i dont like is the penataly marks i went out the yellow cone thing i tiny bit and pinilized me :(
Little Zebo

Post by Little Zebo »

WinRar wont let me extract. It says that one file is corrupt and another ends unexpectedly and stops extracting. Help? :?
Mr.Two

Post by Mr.Two »

Little Zebo wrote:WinRar wont let me extract. It says that one file is corrupt and another ends unexpectedly and stops extracting. Help? :?

I'd suggest re-downloading the file.
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

The only thing(s) I don't like about this track:
The offcamber, I think the inside and outside need a bigger berm
the corner after the whoops, needs a bigger berm aswell
MX196

Post by MX196 »

mikez#411 wrote:The only thing(s) I don't like about this track:
The offcamber, I think the inside and outside need a bigger berm
the corner after the whoops, needs a bigger berm aswell
I agree with the last one, but the first 2, I think the sizes are ok, we need more lines!
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

you just need to take the lines, it dont need to be made for you damn...
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

thanks for the honest replies. I'll try to fix a few of the issues you mentioned voutare, but I think i'll opt to leave the alessi drop like it is. reason being, i had to embellish the replica a little, to make it feel more like it does in real life. the step down for instance is about 30 ft longer than it should be, because if i made it the right length you would launch to flat.
Little Zebo

Post by Little Zebo »

Mr.Two wrote:

I'd suggest re-downloading the file.
Thanks, that worked.
Mr.Two

Post by Mr.Two »

ddmx wrote:thanks for the honest replies. I'll try to fix a few of the issues you mentioned voutare, but I think i'll opt to leave the alessi drop like it is. reason being, i had to embellish the replica a little, to make it feel more like it does in real life. the step down for instance is about 30 ft longer than it should be, because if i made it the right length you would launch to flat.

Yah I'm currently running into that problem with Castillo Mx. Feel like I'm having to make everything almost twice as big to make it feel right and even look correct. Loving the track still, any and all complaints have been said already by other people but will be fixed with the finished version, but really my biggest complaint is the decals on the face of the table before the leap are crooked, they make you want to jump to the left.