Sorketorp

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
haggqvist

Sorketorp

Post by haggqvist »

Here's the first release from a project I've been working on for a while.
The motocross track comes in both wet and dry versions and sports a local-training-track-theme [Not too many custom objects, since I'm an old lazy git].
Other versions will probably be released in a not too distant future.

The included enduro track is basically a short test version which will be extended and refined if there's a suitably positive reaction from the community.
Since all proper enduro-racing should take place in cold, wet and completely miserably conditions there's only a wet version.

All decals and most textures by me [These will be uploaded for public use later].

Credits to DJ and ddmx for their object packs.

Enjoy
Dry version
http://www.mediafire.com/?fh59mu9vccmcd4l
Wet version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?7zyk1a3ockz4c45

http://www.mediafire.com/?sfrz09ad21b3bp3

det femte fettot productions
Jr Dirt Doctor#489
Team: AEO Powersports

Re: Sorketorp

Post by Jr Dirt Doctor#489 »

DANG! Looks awsome!! Cant wait to try it out. :D :D :D
MX196
Team: Privateer

Post by MX196 »

WOW. I cant wait!
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Holy crap dude... That's some amazing work :).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
MX196

Post by MX196 »

Can you re-upload the wet motocross track? It says the rar is damaged. :s
sk84life933

Post by sk84life933 »

haggqvist wrote: Wet version
i like this one the most :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MX196

Post by MX196 »

Ahh... I got it. Great tracks. The colision on the banners on the Enduro is annoying, but its still fun.
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

Dude all I got to say is awesome job man 5/5 keep this up I like how you took your time on your first relese it was well worth it and I look forward to what you will be making next great job
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Holy shit.

Where did you come from?

The amount of detail in these tracks is ridiculous. I can't believe you managed to make them without asking any questions. You're deadset amazing man! You're a legend!

I love how the textures fit the terrain so well. Especially on the enduro, the rocks are made from terrain elevation and have their own texture placed on each elevation. Crazy detail.

But damn, there are two things stopping this from being perfect tracks:

1) The traction. My god, it is horrible. The dry mx is rideable, but it doesn't feel all that great. The wet enduro traction though, it just ruins it for me completely. It is way too slippery. I was just sitting there on a flat section unable to move. If you were to fix the traction, you would be my hero, as I am an avid fan of enduro tracks, and this has loads of potential.

2) The frame rate. I'm getting around 30-40. Its probably because of the 2049 map, and the ~1000 texture changes. As long as I'm riding by myself, this wouldnt be a problem, but it cant be used for multiplayer.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Also, not a fan of the collisions on the enduro fences. They knock you off the bike immediately. It would be better if there were no collisions at all on the fence
MX196

Post by MX196 »

DJ wrote:Also, not a fan of the collisions on the enduro fences. They knock you off the bike immediately. It would be better if there were no collisions at all on the fence
I agree 100%
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

10/10 contest track winner.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
MX196

Post by MX196 »

I need to admit, the tracks are very hard. I cant do a lap on the enduro one. The outdoor ones are fun. Should have entered the wet motocross track in the contest. Id vote.
excelmx112

Post by excelmx112 »

WOW!!! awsome job!
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

OK. After playing with the traction, I've come to the conclusion that this game doesn't handle really fine displacement maps well. The enduro was still really hard with standard traction.

I think smoothing the tracks out a bit, increasing the friction a bit, reducing the resistance a bit, and removing fence collisions, you would have a really good enduro. The MX tracks could probably have this done to them as well