rFactor vs. LFS

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
ddmx

rFactor vs. LFS

Post by ddmx »

Well, as the name implies, I need a public opinion on which game is overall better. Compare based on graphics, simulation, modibility, and gameplay. Also, if there is another racing sim out there you like better, let me know! My biggest want with either of these games is not only track racing and great online play, but also how the game supports rally racing. I'll be doing a ken block mod for it so that is the plan. I would also like to, down the road, use one of the games to actually help me prepare for rally racing.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Re: rFactor vs. LFS

Post by Voutare »

I hear there is a pretty good motocross simulator out there called MX Simulator. You should check it out.
nickmx

Post by nickmx »

i have R-factor but its been awhile since played and checked out the community. Anyways,the days that i did play it there was a lot of mods and a decent mount of people playing online but, once again its been about 6 months since i played.
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

About simulation, i believe Rfactor is better then LFS. About Rally Rfactor has not much to offer, i knew there was a mod on development but dont realy heard anything more. But, Rfactor 2 is under dev, i would wait for it since it will also focus on dirt races. Meanwhile i suggest you to play with RBR, probably the best you will get for rally
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Ideally i would like to have an all aroumd racing sim, that also does a good job at rally. Graphics arent a must, but they're a selling point too.
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

ddmx wrote:Ideally i would like to have an all aroumd racing sim, that also does a good job at rally. Graphics arent a must, but they're a selling point too.
I can't say about LFS but Rfactor is awesome for all kinds of road, if you are realy looking forward dirt races, that's not yet the best option
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

rFactor costs too much but the game play is awesome!
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

Jones221 wrote:rFactor costs too much but the game play is awesome!
27 dolars isnt too much for a sim game
http://www.amazon.com/rFactor-V-1-255-Pc/dp/B000VOSQ0Q
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND
kwic73

Post by kwic73 »

iRacing without a doubt.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I think i'm gonna buy RBR, but I want to just buy a download online, like an iso or something. Anyone know where I can buy an online download, I've had no luck. I don't really want to wait for a disc to ship in the mail.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Number one is iRacing. For pure rally RBR is the best. For everything, including modability, rFactor or wait for rFactor 2 are your best options.
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

If you're looking to do like Blocks Gymkhana kind of stuff, I'd say the LFS physics are the best for that. The racing in lfs I don't mind too much, but drifting is awesome in that game. But in LFS you can't mod that much stuff. You can change car models and engine stats pretty easily, but tracks cannot be modded other than by moving objects around. Link for LFS mods: http://lfsmods.com/
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

Here's a fairly comprehensive review for RBR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KM7L0ofsw0
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Well, played a fair amount of RBR with the RSRBR 2010 mod last night and I have one issue. I'll be getting a wheel, but for now I have a controller. Apparently these physics are as good as it gets, but I don't like them. It seems like the car is turning from it's center, and I can do fishtails without even applying gas while moving. Now, this is probably because of the limited range of motion a controller offers, and a wheel will help tremendously, but until then I'll be playing lfs and rFactor.
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

If you want a good wheel sugestion, try Logitech Momo, does a excelent job and cost less then 50% of the that G25. I have one and i think shack also has that one.
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND