Starting riding, need tips!

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Duckstream

Re: Starting riding, need tips!

Post by Duckstream »

WOW theres LOT of nice tips out here, thanks everyone, i will post some more info when i get some riding (still waiting for a nice gearset and some other stuff)
So thanks everyone!!
jesplind

Post by jesplind »

DankeKTM21 wrote:1 finger per clutch & brake.
That a personal thing, I use 2 on them both
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

I don't use my fingers on my back brake either. :lol:
But I switch from 1 and 2 finers on the levers.In panic situations it is normally just 1 finger.
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

your right jesplind, i just forgot that, btw i use the middle finger, wich one u use?
carmichael uses small finger!
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

First finger.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I use like 3 fingers, even on my bmx bike. If I only use one or two it feels like I can't grip the lever good no matter how easy it is to pull.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
rideblue56
Team: FSK

Post by rideblue56 »

i used to use my middle on my clutch and pointer for the brake. then i had surgery on my hands and now for some reason i have to use the pointer and middle for the clutch. (just isnt comfortable anymore). :| but still just the pointer for the brake.
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

Shadow wrote:What DJ said, search for local mx clubs and see if they have any mx riding classes/schools. Doing that helped me tremendously.

Plus the usual, grip the bike with your knees, not your hands, when standing through a corner weight the inside peg etc.
outside peg not inside....

As for the fingers i ride with my rude finger and my finger next to my rude finger (not pointing finger) i have them on both sides.... That's just what i prefer, every one is different though
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Well at least according to Jeremy Mcgrath riding techniques or whatever the vid's name is, you weight the inside peg and push on the bike with your outside knee.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

The..First finger from the right (not the thumb) the one you point with on the clutch at all times. Only need that one to pull it, 2 fingers for front brake, not on all the time though, only when im braking :wink:
jesplind

Post by jesplind »

DankeKTM21 wrote:your right jesplind, i just forgot that, btw i use the middle finger, wich one u use?
carmichael uses small finger!
I use point and middle finger on both brake and clutch. I always ride like that, except on speed bumps.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

Ok ok enougth with the fingers!
:D
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

Doesnt matter what fingers whatever you a pesonnaly comfortable with also as a tip dont do anything too far above your skill level i have learned the hard way :(
Axle McOctane
Team: Privateer

Post by Axle McOctane »

Shadow wrote:Well at least according to Jeremy Mcgrath riding techniques or whatever the vid's name is, you weight the inside peg and push on the bike with your outside knee.
There is no "right" or "wrong" answer here. Weighing the inside peg while standing and turning will help the back end to drift out, while weighing the outside peg helps the back tire to track and claw for traction. Depends on what you want to do, and obviously the base position is weight dist. 50 / 50 %.

Anyone want to keyboard race me? ;)
Wilmx829
Team: Privateer

Post by Wilmx829 »

i use pointer and middle fingers on clutch, and nothing on brakes.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:JLV is a risk-taking genuis pimp.