List your bike and its mods

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
wheels1758

Re: List your bike and its mods

Post by wheels1758 »

tyskorn wrote:
wheels1758 wrote:So over time is 3 months??? Seems like you could have paid for a 2010 CRF250 with all the stuff you put on it...
If he gets a brand new bike then there is no parts on it,it is just stock.Like he said,his bike with all the parts on it could beat any bike out there.Getting a new bike and getting it accessorized every year seems pretty awesome.But definitely not affordable for everyone.As Checkerz said,he has an 06 and he is still whooping guys out there on there 2010 Geico replica Honda.

Alright, time to clear the air. What I was pointing out is that woodpecka39 said that:
(1) He put parts on over time. To me this means he's has the bike a couple years and has slowly built it up. But as he said he got the bike 3 months ago, thats basically just putting everything on at once. Think 3 months compared to the life of the bike...

(2) He couldnt afford a new bike. Looking at the mods I think its safe to say he has enough money into the bike, unless he paid next to nothing for it, to have purchased a new bike.

Now over to Tyskorn...if you re-read what Checkerz said, he's on basically a stock 06 450, aside from suspension. He's passing guys on modded new bikes. This has little relevance to the subject of modded 05 vs. stock 2010. And I am in no way one of those spoiled kids that gets everything paid for and new bikes every year. I actually just bought my first new bike. And since i'm paying for it myself, I havent yet been able to put mods on it.

So here is my bike:
2009 KX250F
Polisport plastics (cuz I crashed and broke the stock stuff)
New msr clutch lever (took a tumble down the Washougal ski jump, bent my lever)
Teflon plumber's tape under the perches (so I dont bend more levers and break perches)
New oil filter (well, 3 times now)
No-toil air filter (courtesy of my friend's bike shop discount)
Factory Effex numbers (bought a set of 1's and a set of 7's after breaking the previous number plates)
woodpecka39

Post by woodpecka39 »

Well looks to me as if those are some mods and if you are insinuating I get everything paid for and handed to me you'd be real !$#%@^wrong. I paid for the bike and every bit of stuff that has been put on the bike. i have saved my money sold old bikes so my pit bikes and worked for 6 summers and 3 winters for this bike and what I have done to it and I am in fact very proud of it and I dont give #@!$ what anybody said about it I like it and thats all that matter's
Eatin Zebra Cakes and playin MXS is my hobby.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I have no idea where you got that idea from.

All he was saying, is

1) 3 months isnt a long time

2) Cost of old bike + cost of mods = cost of new bike
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Yeah,I didn't realize he had said he did it all in 3 months,so I must apologize to you,wheels.
woodpecka39

Post by woodpecka39 »

I paid 1700 for bike 2 sets of tech 10's 3 set of thor gear and 3 thor carbon helmet and I put 1600 in parts some used some new so add that up if you can. You get 4300 no where near enough to buy a new bike. Even if I put all that money down on a new one the tech 10 alpinestars cost almost 600 per pair and helmets are over 400 a peice and 2 sets of the thor gear have never even been rode with 2009 model and the is 2008 gear so why the #@!! would I buy a new bike? New bike's are way to expensive for what your getting. Say you buy the new bike in 2 month's that brand new cool factor is gone I get as much a kick out of parts as I would a new bike I dont know why nobody on this forum cant get it through there think head _____ couple year old bike + mods = kick ass bike _________new bike = waste of money Just my opinion
woodpecka39

Post by woodpecka39 »

Never mind there is no use in trying to explain shit on this forum I am about done with this game forum and all tthe people on it. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Blitz
Team: Privateer

Post by Blitz »

k bye :D
woodpecka39

Post by woodpecka39 »

K I'M OUT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Sweet
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

After 9 years, finally bought a bike again. 2000 Yz 250.

Current mods:

In the process of restoring it. Stock size piston with 215psi compression in the cylinder. Stock pipe, Pro Circuit stainless shorty silencer, Uni filter... and extensive suspension work done locally.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

Kxf 250 2009
Mods: Dep exhaust system
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Shack, are you getting a new tank too or just the other plastics?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Images381
Team: Privateer

Post by Images381 »

2010 kx450 everything stock except chain,sprockets and tires
RM250
285 big bore kit
Rad valve intake
Shokout grip
Powerwing carb insert
Clutch Cover
Ignition Cover
Supercooler water pump kit
all in all I put about 2100 into this bike and it seems to match up pretty well to the 450 and its much more fun to ride
DJ wrote: That top creators list is rooted. Don't even take notice of it. I'm not even on the darn thing.
BRYAN17

Post by BRYAN17 »

me just racing a moto at millcreek mx
Attachments
me.jpg
(16.77 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
BRYAN17

Post by BRYAN17 »

al decal works decals, pro circuit pipe and silencer, pro wheels black rims and powder coated blue hubs, all ufo blue plastic