RC cars

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
FactoryBR21
Team: Privateer

Re: RC cars

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Sick as hell! i would like to have it even if it wasnt rc controlled
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
Travis107
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Travis107 »

Thats not a ready to run crawler... Its a scale crawler that someone home biult. You can find lots of them at,

SCALE4X4RC.ORG.
Wilmx829

Post by Wilmx829 »

could find anything on there that would let me purchase anything like that. Where can I get a starter kit or something?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:JLV is a risk-taking genuis pimp.
Travis107
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Travis107 »

Axial racing.com

SCx10 trail honcho RTR.

SCX10 trail ready.

Great scale rc cars
dustywalrus
Team: Team Green Trainee

Post by dustywalrus »

squirrelboy86 wrote:i have a traxxas slash not 4wd but i want to get mamba max stuff for it cause the stock engine and esc are fried lol
if you want something truly ridiculous get on of these http://www.castlecreations.com/products/nc1406.html i got one in a slash, with a sidewinder speed control, and its just retardedly fast
MX196

Post by MX196 »

Wondered where this topic went. Well I bought myself a XXX-SCT and its great. I blew out the moto this Spring, never been to get a new one. Anyone know a cheap good motor?
dustywalrus

Post by dustywalrus »

MX196 wrote:Wondered where this topic went. Well I bought myself a XXX-SCT and its great. I blew out the moto this Spring, never been to get a new one. Anyone know a cheap good motor?
brushed or brushless?
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

From LL I got a Traxxas Slash 2 wheel drive. I'll post some picture of the track I made. Different than most because the only spot I could use was a old garden but, its pretty fun.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
MX196

Post by MX196 »

dustywalrus wrote:
MX196 wrote:Wondered where this topic went. Well I bought myself a XXX-SCT and its great. I blew out the moto this Spring, never been to get a new one. Anyone know a cheap good motor?
brushed or brushless?
I would like a brushless. But I'm not sure if it costs to much. I just want a motor with a 'kick'.
dustywalrus

Post by dustywalrus »

Pumaxcs wrote:From LL I got a Traxxas Slash 2 wheel drive. I'll post some picture of the track I made. Different than most because the only spot I could use was a old garden but, its pretty fun.
i gota get some pics of my backyard track on here, helped get me a job lol, i was friends with the owner of my local hobby shop, then they started coming over on Fridays to race on the backyard track and after awhile we just became really good friends and he offered me a job lol
dustywalrus

Post by dustywalrus »

MX196 wrote:
dustywalrus wrote:
brushed or brushless?
I would like a brushless. But I'm not sure if it costs to much. I just want a motor with a 'kick'.
do you already have a brushless esc? btw srry for dp
MX196

Post by MX196 »

dustywalrus wrote:
MX196 wrote: I would like a brushless. But I'm not sure if it costs to much. I just want a motor with a 'kick'.
Yes, I do.
dustywalrus

Post by dustywalrus »

MX196 wrote:
dustywalrus wrote:
MX196 wrote: I would like a brushless. But I'm not sure if it costs to much. I just want a motor with a 'kick'.
Yes, I do.
well since you already have a brushless speed control i would recommend this http://teamassociated.com/reedy/parts/details/919/ its fast, but still controllable and its less then 100$ if that doesn't interest you check out the motors on this site http://www.castlecreations.com/
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I meant to take in progress pictures but was to excited when making it so I forgot. The track is overall pretty skinny compared to most but just wide enough to give a little comfort room if you do mess it up.

First is an overview of the whole track. As you can see its all slightly sloped down a hill and goes around two trees, cleaning this out is a bitch. I have made red dots where I normally stand to get a good vantage point around both trees. The red X is a off limits area, my cats out side litter box. Thought I'd leave them a piece so that way I don't have holes dug into my jumps/berms.

Here is a close up of my over/under double. Not a lot of run up before the jump and the jump is a pretty good distance so, you have to use every bit of the turn before and not slide out if you want to clear it. I have dug out the landing a bit so if you do come up short it won't hurt the truck. Which I'm glad I thought of it now because I make the jump about 1/10 times.

The sweeper around one of the trees, once again bermed out but I dug it out so that if you overshoot the berm you won't spin on top and mess it up. You can also see the line to get to the next turn before the double.

This is the back half of the track that gets a little boring and is kind of slow but it was meant to help me get more precise with throttle/turning and I think it does the job. Turn behind the tree is almost off camber and that is the hard braking corner after the double then you come back up with some roller and into a little bit of a S turn with a roller in the apex of the S. Then after you blow up the berm RV2 style its the faster part of the section back to the sweeper around the first tree.

Closer view of the rollers. Was supposed to be a step up but I could never get it to work.

Hopefully once we get settled in to a new house I'll have more room to actually make a track big enough for two trucks, I have a few friends who have tried mine and want to get one of their own now. I'm sorry for the photojournalism as well. Pretty well took half the page.

PS - Yes, I did water it.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
dustywalrus

Post by dustywalrus »

ill have to go get pics of mine, ps they will suck, cause im camera-less at the moment other then my phone