Xbox 360 scratched disc

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
botten144
Crushed Dissenter
Team: JDR/J-Star|KTM

Xbox 360 scratched disc

Post by botten144 »

Hey again everybody, i just got my xbox 360 2 days ago, i placed it where i wanted and ofc i managed to rollover my tv and the xbox came after. I heard a terrible sound. Nothing got ruined exept my black ops cd. When i took up my Tv i could see a message like this:

Unrecognized Disc

1. Clean the disc with a soft cloth. ( I have tried with a cloth, toothpaste and shampo but nothing seems to work)
2. Restart console.

When i took out the CD from the xbox it was a very big scratch. or, it isn't a scratch but it's cinda just painted over. just a little coating around the whole CD and 1 big another place.

I cinda dont want to buy it on new because it's only 2 days old just as the Xbox, and i want to buy MW3 & Battlefield too, Maybe Forza too. And i still want to play it but it's better to use the money on Battlefield etc :oops:

Do you guys have any tip except GTFO, Fuck you, buy a new one etc? I think it's worth giving a try ;)
brent26
Team: OverTheEdge

Re: Xbox 360 scratched disc

Post by brent26 »

Same thing happened to me to my modern warfare 2 disk. It got like caught inside of where you place the disk cause i accidently hit it with my foot. Therefore, i had to buy a new disk. If you wanna play black ops again, sorry but your gonna need a new disk.
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

If you still have the reciept try taking it back .Maybe they will give you store credit.
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
botten144
Crushed Dissenter

Post by botten144 »

I have insurance on my xbox. It's only 2-3 days old. but i dont have insurance on my black ops, Do you think i will get a new one? The guys at the store aren't so nice. i guess they wont give away a Black ops when they can earn money on it... But i still think it's rong to buy it on new when it's only 2-3 days old :(
rideblue56
Team: FSK

Post by rideblue56 »

Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Why should they give you another copy of the game that YOU ruined?

I used to get to turn away people like you all the time at work. Really fed my asshole ego well. Now all I can do is sit here and troll the forums. :(

This is my first year not working the days after Halloween, and let me tell you what a fun time that is. "Oh, you want to return this little red riding hood comstume that smells like smoke and has a stain on the front of it. Sorry, we don't accept worn costumes after Halloween." Listening to them try to argue that they didn't wear it out is always a good time. Sad part is I only got to deal with the people who were stubborn enough to ask for a manager, and yet it was still once an hour for a few days after Halloween.

Can you tell I miss getting to be an ahole at work? :lol:
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

Why not?
Its worth a try .I have done it before with no questions asked ...Things happen.
Usually the service counter people dont even look at it in my expieriances they just give me store credit.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

That's their loss for not being smart enough. Botten here suggests that the people at the store he is dealing with are "not nice" for not giving him a new copy, totally different.
botten144
Crushed Dissenter

Post by botten144 »

I'm not saying they are "not nice" but i think they should listen to my story and may think about the situation. i'm lucky i get a new one, i'm not. i dont get it :(

But i see the asshole situation you miss :cry:
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

It has nothing to do with being smart or not smart .It was accident like I said things happen.
Most of the time the service people dont care what happened.Its nothing to them
You said you worked or work at these kind of places then you know you send damaged goods back to the manufactures at no expense to the store .Its a simple write up and the store can determine how it was damaged.
aaronr5
Team: DAM

Post by aaronr5 »

I had this happen to one of my disk and I found a place online called sure disk and I sent it to them for 10 bucks and they sent me the game back good as new.
DJD

Post by DJD »

This may sound stupid, but try buffering the disc with toothpaste. The very fine abrasives in the paste help to polish down the scratches.

I used this method on my copy of NFL 2k5, the best football game ever made. I hate EA sports....
botten144
Crushed Dissenter

Post by botten144 »

Thanks DJ, I will give it a try for sure! ;)
ryanmx25

Post by ryanmx25 »

rent one from blockbuster, or where ever you rent games from and swap out the disks :D
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Toothpaste is indeed magic for a scratched disc.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)