2012 Supercross/Motocross discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Tom cortvriendt

Re: 2012 Supercross/Motocross discussion

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

Sorry guys, didnt read it before i posted it ;p

Btw, jeffrey herlings wants to ride Southwick soooooo bad :D
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
die996
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by die996 »

Tom cortvriendt wrote:
DJ99X wrote:Am I the only one who enjoys the GP's as much as the AMA series? It can be better at times, as there is like 8 guys who can win a race in the MX1 class.
You are quite right man, but sometimes i like the AMA tracks better
I prefer FIM World MX tracks, they feel more natural. AMA tracks are way too bulldozer-centered. I only like natural tracks with 1-2 man-made jumps, more than that makes it boring
Howcanyoubesofuckingdumbthatyou'rereadingthis??
Grizz
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Stheart.com

Post by Grizz »

die996 wrote:
Tom cortvriendt wrote:
DJ99X wrote:Am I the only one who enjoys the GP's as much as the AMA series? It can be better at times, as there is like 8 guys who can win a race in the MX1 class.
I prefer FIM World MX tracks, they feel more natural. AMA tracks are way too bulldozer-centered. I only like natural tracks with 1-2 man-made jumps, more than that makes it boring
BRO, just put "I HATE AMERICA" in your signature and be done with it. Jesus Christ kid...
S.Greenawalt | AEO Powersports Lites
BrutalMX

Post by BrutalMX »

Grizz wrote: BRO, just put "I LOVE TO START ARGUMENTS" in your signature and be done with it. Jesus Christ kid...
Fixed.
Austin Mulhern | Motopixels REV
Image[/a]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/paprod]YouTube Channel

p2sta wrote:since your name is CRF450R you should not worry about kawasaki :lol:
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Tom cortvriendt wrote:
Ye ama tracks are funner to watch, their jumps are more flowing with the natural enviroment. While in the GP's they use jumps as speed limiters, because a track can't have a certain speed (don't know what is is to be precise). It's just gay that the FIM has a rule that limiteds the speed on mx tracks. While mx has already limited engines ... so I don't rly see the use of that rule.
Although Matterley Basin is a blast :D.

On the other hand I don't like it so much that the ama works so much on the track, like tear it up a couple of time's before the race and water it and that for almost a week long. Because that messes with the naturalness of the soil. Hard pack tracks are getting softer and soft tracks are getting harder. Right now I'm getting the impression that every AMA track, exept southwick is having more and more the same soil, because they prepare it so hard and every race the same.
Although Washougal and Unadilla are pretty unique too. But all other tracks looks to me like they're having the same kind of soil. While when I see the loretta lynn's qualifiers you guys have a huge of diversity of tracks :P.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

scheeve3 wrote:
Tom cortvriendt wrote:
Ye ama tracks are funner to watch, their jumps are more flowing with the natural enviroment. While in the GP's they use jumps as speed limiters, because a track can't have a certain speed (don't know what is is to be precise). It's just gay that the FIM has a rule that limiteds the speed on mx tracks. While mx has already limited engines ... so I don't rly see the use of that rule.
Although Matterley Basin is a blast :D.

On the other hand I don't like it so much that the ama works so much on the track, like tear it up a couple of time's before the race and water it and that for almost a week long. Because that messes with the naturalness of the soil. Hard pack tracks are getting softer and soft tracks are getting harder. Right now I'm getting the impression that every AMA track, exept southwick is having more and more the same soil, because they prepare it so hard and every race the same.
Although Washougal and Unadilla are pretty unique too. But all other tracks looks to me like they're having the same kind of soil. While when I see the loretta lynn's qualifiers you guys have a huge of diversity of tracks :P.
FIM has a speed limit because they don't want to see people getting killed or incredibly inmense jumps. Also, AMA tracks feel to artificial for me, too many man-made jumps and they treat the soil way too much. MX is not about racing in perfect soil, MX is about getting natural terrain, course markers, a couple of man-made jumps and run around for 45 minutes

PS : I want 45-minute motos back. 30 minutes is for PUSSIES (35 is no different, still for pussies)
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Funny thing is that AMA jumps are safer then those speedkilling FIM Jumps. And shoter motos are providing more intense racing :D. Would be fun to have 3 20min. +2 motos on a day, like the Belgian championship had it in 2010 and the years before that. Because if the motos are long are the riders holding back a bit to make sure they're not blowing theirselfs up.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

die996 wrote:PS : I want 45-minute motos back. 30 minutes is for PUSSIES (35 is no different, still for pussies)
This comment makes me laugh. Sooo you can run a Pro's pace ( Especially the top Americans )for 30-35 minutes long? You say yes, I call B.S.I have seen your goony ass, I know that would be a lie. Just sayinig.

#yeaiknowistartedshitwithdieWGAF
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

LOL.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

DJD

Post by DJD »

I think they should run four 15 minute moto's and score with the olympic system. (Lowest score wins)

Would be so exciting, 35 minutes or more everyone just gets spaced out and its boring as shit.

AMA needs to shake things up, same for supercross. Do something different ffs.
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

It used to be 45 minutes a few years. Now bikes are lighter, why don't they get it to 45 minutes again?? I don't care about "intense racing". If a moto is that long, bodies drain out, a guy killing the first laps may not make it to the end up top, a bad start can't be quite solved... I remember the Everts era on World MX 500cc championship

During the start, there were like 5 racing contenders (Everts, Smets, Bervoets, Bartolini, Vico, etc) but then stamina started getting his spot and the field spread out. It was awesome to see Smets and Everts coming back on the last 10 minutes thanks to their never-ending stamina
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

die996 wrote:It used to be 45 minutes a few years. Now bikes are lighter, why don't they get it to 45 minutes again?? I don't care about "intense racing". If a moto is that long, bodies drain out, a guy killing the first laps may not make it to the end up top, a bad start can't be quite solved... I remember the Everts era on World MX 500cc championship

During the start, there were like 5 racing contenders (Everts, Smets, Bervoets, Bartolini, Vico, etc) but then stamina started getting his spot and the field spread out. It was awesome to see Smets and Everts coming back on the last 10 minutes thanks to their never-ending stamina
PS : Daytona supercross should be 30 laps long again, fuck the TV, I don't care if they don't show the heats
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

die996 wrote: I don't care about "intense racing".
what?? really, do you think that the rest of the world thinks that way and wants boring racing...
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

adhkcrfhonda wrote:
die996 wrote: I don't care about "intense racing".
what?? really, do you think that the rest of the world thinks that way and wants boring racing...
So you just want to make riders tired? How fun, can't wait till I see them getting tired, so much more fun then see somebody making a blockpass on somebody else :roll:.

You know I went to the first round of the open dutch championship in Oss. In the MX2 were Herlings, Roelants, Van horebeek riding. It was a 30min. moto. Herlings took the holeshot and The jerre was 2nd, Roelants was 3th. Did you know I was praying that this shit was over. It was soooo fucking boring. It was the first time in 18 years I wished a motocross race was over. And in some GP's you get the same scenario, imagen looking at that shit for 15 more minutes.

And some on topic shit, those qualifying times are nice :D JS Vs. RV and JB Vs. K-Roc.
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

http://www.time4tv.net/2011/09/speed-channel.html

^stream should be starting soon. Post others if you find em.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/