2DMX: 2D Sim MX Game for Desktop and Android

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
wakestyle21

Re: 2DMX: 2D Sim MX Game for Desktop and Android

Post by wakestyle21 »

Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

Any idea why my rider is all the way to the left side of the screen? Could it be because of my screen ratio 4:3?
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

Yeah that is probably why. I will look into changing the way the camera position is set. Thanks for reporting.
Baboobeats
Team: MXSP

Post by Baboobeats »

IOS NOOOOOOW
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

I would but apple has this cool policy that you have to develop ios apps on apple computers. I don't own an apple computer and I honestly hate apple for crap like this. On top of that in order to convert it to ios I would have to get a mono touch license which is $400. So in order to covert 2DMX to ios I would need to buy an apple computer, ios device, and a mono touch licence. Hopefully one day 2DMX will make some money to pay for all of this because I really would like people with ios devices to be able to play 2DMX as well.
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

Another beta update. Vellu, this should fix your issue:

Android - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3D7fF ... 0pYTl9idzA
Desktop - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3D7fF ... lYzYTRXOHc
Baboobeats
Team: MXSP

Post by Baboobeats »

wow that is horrible! well then do not waste your money on making it an iphone game yet haha. good luck to you
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

Thanks. Like I said I'd love to port it to ios and hopefully I will be able to eventually.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

great job wake, game feels way better now, altrought i kinda feel the bke a little bit floaty, cant wait till multiplayer is applyed! :D
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

Thanks mace. You think it feels more floaty than before? It's at around 15 m/s right now and I believe real gravity is around 9.8 right?
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

i´m not sure about real gravity, but now i feel that the bike floats a little bit more, another thing that bothers me is that if you´re un neutral position you jump further than leaning backwards, wich should be the other way, and a lot of times, by landing on the front wheel in a hill or something the bike bounces far doing front/back flips instead of the rider falling down, otherwise it´s a great improvement from the older version, specially when going tru whoops.

may i suggest a fast leaning button?
some times you want to do a wheelie to go faster tru a section and i noticed you limited the rider movement and slowed it a little wich makes almost impossible to make wheelies.

Great work man!
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

Thanks again mace. I'll look into that stuff. Would any of you be interested in checking out a first person view of 2DMX?
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

wakestyle21 wrote:Thanks again mace. I'll look into that stuff. Would any of you be interested in checking out a first person view of 2DMX?
DEFINATLY 1ST PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEHAW :D :D :D
cr500zd wrote:is there anyway that 500cc bikes will be put into the game?
jlv wrote:I'd say it will definitely happen at some point. Not any time soon though.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

yeah, really interested how 1st person will work in this
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

Let me warn you that this is just a proof of concept. It needs a lot of work to look good considering everything 3d in 2dmx was created for the side view. The terrain is tilted slightly, there is no offtrack to the left and there is no bike or anything in first person. Also the controls are the same as the side view: left-right leaning. Just let me know if you think the game could be fun like this:

Desktop - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3D7fF ... Fp1RklZRmM

Thanks