Musician's Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
DJD

Re: Musician's Thread

Post by DJD »

bc45 wrote:Really enjoyed that!
Thanks man, I tried a bunch of different things with it, but ended up just keeping it simple.
yz171kx12 wrote:Maybe turn down the reverb? I don't know, something sounds strange with it but I can't pinpoint it.

As for that soundtrack, I've been sitting behind a keyboard for upwards of four hours a day trying to make something with that kind of emotional impact, and I can't do it for the life of me. I can make happy emotional songs, but I can't get that kind of bittersweet sound that Gustavo gets
Yeah, my recording equipment is pretty lackluster, so it is a bit "ringy". I hope to get better stuff soon. But yeah, that's why I love the guitar so much, its such a dynamic instrument. You can alternate the tuning and have a completely new instrument in your hands. Gustavo uses mid-sixties guitar/bass called a Fender VI. It’s literally a guitar/bass, not a bass guitar. That's how he gets those really awesome base notes and that amazing ambient sound. Among other things.
MXJProductions wrote:DJD how is my strat playing these days? I miss that bad boy lol. Kinda wish I never gave it to you, but it's in good hands for sure!!!
Isabella and I are quite the couple now, you cant take her from me. Where the hell is your Ibanez? That's a sin to keep her locked away!
supercross711

Post by supercross711 »

Favorite Chord Progressions anyone?
P2sta wrote:Read it again, you are going full are going full 'meurican here.
yz171kx12

Post by yz171kx12 »

supercross711 wrote:Favorite Chord Progressions anyone?
m2-5-1 (Dm7-G7-Cmaj7) for major jazz improv
m1-4-m5 (Cm7-F7-Gm) for minor jazz improv
m1-7-flat6-5 (Cm-Bb-Ab-G) for blues
m3-1 (Em-C) and 3-m1 (G-Em) are both good if you want to have either a sad or passionate sounding chord change
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

DJD wrote:Isabella and I are quite the couple now, you cant take her from me. Where the hell is your Ibanez? That's a sin to keep her locked away!
Well at least you named her after my daughter lol! My Steve Vai Jem is still locked away in the storage unit u helped me load up hahahaha Poor baby is just being neglected now. I actually may just end up giving you that guitar as well! I am not sure when I can make it down, but maybe we can set up sending u the code/key for the unit.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Wow DJD, given a Jem. THE guitar. Jelly.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

Well I already have given him a vox wah wah, I think I gave him the Vai distortion pedal ( jemini ) right? I can't remember lol. I know the stuff is in good hands.
DJD

Post by DJD »

I would shit myself if you gave me that guitar! Haha. I could at least keep her safe and comfortable at my house while your away. :P I think you kept those pedals too, cause I don't have them here.
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

Oh ok well then they are in the storage as well hahaha. Was not sure if I gave them to you, or locked em in storage. If you don't mind digging through the unit PM me your address, I will send you the key.
DJD

Post by DJD »

MXJProductions wrote:If you don't mind digging through the unit PM me your address, I will send you the key.
Hey man,

The address is 6617 Wynn Lane, Groveland FL, 34736

I don't quite remember where the storage place was at and all that stuff. Lol.

Im more than willing to go on a rescue mission and save that guitar from a 100 degree storage unit. Once I get out of boot camp and start making some money Ill just buy it from you.

Or if you want it back at some point we can figure it out. Hope you and the family are doing good. :D

Take it easy fella,
DJD

Post by DJD »

Well, that was supposed to be a PM...

Oh well, not sure how I managed that. Its late I guess. If anybody feels like coming over to chill, thats where I live. lol :lol:
yz171kx12

Post by yz171kx12 »

DJD wrote:Well, that was supposed to be a PM...

Oh well, not sure how I managed that. Its late I guess. If anybody feels like coming over to chill, thats where I live. lol :lol:
ha, I've had one of those moments
yz171kx12

Post by yz171kx12 »

Found this band on Reddit. Give em a listen on Spotify or something, they're pretty good.
supercross711

Post by supercross711 »

I usually prefer to be around 140-160 bpm, but tried 128 bpm yesterday, Still needs a ending and stuff but whatever, tried something different from what i usually hear.

https://soundcloud.com/officialicarus/d ... -i/s-XCnzL
yz171kx12

Post by yz171kx12 »

Learned this a while back. It's pretty sloppy, but whatever, guitar isn't really my forte.

supercross711

Post by supercross711 »