Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
zebzone235
Team: Lindqvist Racing

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by zebzone235 »

graphics card : Radeon 6870

mothercard/board/whatevimswedishandidonteknowenglishverygood :ASRock h61m-gs

thats the only stats i know :lol: dont blame me im 13 :roll:
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

KTM57 wrote:$100 price drop on the GTX 780 and a $50 price drop on the 770. NVIDIA scared about the R9 290X?
Considering the 780ti was annouced at $700, they seem to be making room. Can't wait to see what that is about.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I don't have high hopes but I thought I ask anyways. I'm looking to see what people know about wireless PCIe cards and if the antenna are interchangeable. Reason why is because I'm looking at an Intel card that has WiFi 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.0 on NewEgg and its only $33. Considering the price of buying these separate is atleast $15 more so getting this Intel dual is the best option I've found however, the antenna it has make the $15 extra for the separate almost worth it. The video below is NewEggs overview and they show the antenna @3:00 or so. What I'm looking for is, are the antenna specific to what they broadcast or can they be changed and would there be any complications of the wire connectors for the antennas? I'd love to have this but if it requires me to have a giant white brick someone around my desk I'll keep searching for other ways. Thanks

Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Forget everything you just read. I saw a review and this video is attached to the laptop version and does not come with the PCI adapter. Basically he fell for the same thing i almost fell for. The one with the PCI adapter is $55 so separate is now my option once again. I'm still curious of an answer but the importance for me has dropped now.
MXS Cares
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

The antennas should be interchangeable as long as they have the same number of antennas in the unit. Some cards use a 3 wire setup while most use a 2, at least in the laptop world.

Finally building a computer, been watching pre black friday deals on Newegg, Tigerdirect, and Amazon. So far I have a case, power supply, ram, SSD (already have it), HDD, and a external DVD drive. Waiting to hopefully get a deal on the CPU, CPU cooler, MOBO, and graphics Card. Its going to be a sort of hybrid work computer/gaming rig, has all the makings of a good rendering/modeling/architecture system but should game well also.

Planned specs (may change if I see good deals on other stuff):
CASE: CORSAIR 600T
MOBO: ASUS SABERTOOTH X79
PROCESSOR: 4930K
CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D14
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP 32GB
POWER SUPPLY: CORSAIR AX750
GRAPHICS CARD: EVGA 770 sc 4gb
SSD: Samsung 640 pro 256gb
HARD DRIVE: Seagate 2tb
MONITOR: DELL 2413

So far with only 1/2 the stuff purchased I have saved about $150, helping me stay within $500 of my budget at least haha. Hopefully I will get the monitor with money from xmas if I can wait that long.
Lynch
Team: Atlas Technologies

Post by Lynch »

32GB RAM? Em why lol?
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Because rendering is very ram and CPU intensive, more is better. Eventually I will probably buy another quad channel set to get up to 64gb if it is necessary. Rendering farm computers have as much CPU and RAM as possible and no graphics cards since in 3ds max all the graphics card is doing is displaying the viewport (unless you are using GPU rendering but unless you are investing in multiple 780's or Titans there is no point really).
DJD

Post by DJD »

Just spent more money than I care to admit on my rig. Two Samsung 840 evo ssd's for raid 0 configuration (not really necessary, but who gives a shit.), Liquid cpu cooler, and a 3GB GTX780 as the cherry on top. Next gen ready!

Basically updating all the things I had to cut out of my budget when I built my new rig initially. So I think I'm in the $2500 club now. :lol: :oops:

Merry christmas, happy birthday, and a happy new year. See ya next time. Haha.
will96

Post by will96 »

http://imgur.com/a/k75d7
Just in case anyone cares. I'm really happy with the progress, and I'd say it looks pretty good for a non modular PSU. :wink:
If you're too lazy to click,
[color=#FF0000]jlv[/color] wrote:I'd probably ban him if I understood what he just said.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Litecoin miners...

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Full mechanical keyboard, new mouse and mousepad all came in today. So far, I will never ever again cheap out on these things ever again. How in the world did I function for so long with that crap mouse is beyond me. I was not a true believe that even a mousepad could make a difference but this is a whole new world. Can't wait for the rest of it to get here. Pictures to ensue. #masterrace
MXS Cares
2wheelzKAWI743
Team: Spencer Racing

Post by 2wheelzKAWI743 »

wanna buy a gaming computer just for mx sim one that I can run high detail have good graphics good fraps and be able to edit and make videos gear bikes etc.....but I want to go cheapest route looking for desktop style used new don't matter if I can find something under 500$ ill be happy im in process of buying new bike and bunch of other s%*# so I don't wanna spend more than I have to any suggestions ebay I live in iowa so des moines craigslist has some if someones could take time out and give some opinions advice help itd be much appreciate thanks
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

The most effective way to buy a desktop PC is to build it, which is pretty easy, but obviously is a big undertaking if you aren't computer savvy. $500 will truthfully not get you the ideal MX Sim computer, but you may be able to find something used that is reasonably powerful for around that amount. As a baseline, you would ideally want something with an i5 processor, 8gb of RAM, and a reasonably powerful GPU, (i.e. GTX660 and up or Radeon 7870 and up) but it all comes down to what you can find. If you're willing to build a computer, there are plenty of us around here who would be more than willing to help you choose parts, but if you find something prebuilt, I'm sure that someone would be willing to look it over for you.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

Pumaxcs wrote:Full mechanical keyboard, new mouse and mousepad all came in today. So far, I will never ever again cheap out on these things ever again. How in the world did I function for so long with that crap mouse is beyond me. I was not a true believe that even a mousepad could make a difference but this is a whole new world. Can't wait for the rest of it to get here. Pictures to ensue. #masterrace
I've spent a full $30 on my mouse/keyboard and dont use a mouse pad. Is it tons better?
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I tried just mousepad first because it was the easiest to change and even the $5 Logitech mouse floated across. Mid-post break, let me get the old mousepad and try under the new mouse. Ok, Still a better option than cheap mouse/pad but still not quite as good as the new stuff.
MXS Cares