New MX vs. ATV Reflex Preview

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamShortBus276
Team: MX Formula

Re: New MX vs. ATV Reflex Preview

Post by TeamShortBus276 »

I have a good idea. Make an all simulation version and an arcade version.
Phathry25 wrote:Are you sure you didn't mean to make your name YFZ-Mark?
Jack 984
Team: Privateer

Post by Jack 984 »

Shortbus silly, we all know rainbow isnt open to suggestions! Silly silly.. :roll:
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

Checkerz448 wrote:I understand why you guys are worried, and no matter how much we try and convince you otherwise; you'll still wonder until you get the controller in your own hands. EVERYTHING will still get a polish pass, and the in air control is something we've been working on hard to make sure we get it right.

The playing you were seeing in the background would be a person picking up the game playing for the first time and still getting used to using the Rider Reflex control scheme. Once you get a handle on things you learn to start using the right stick to lean into the corners, catch ruts, and style through the air. The player you were seeing appeared to rarely use the right stick within the game.

Thanks for the feedback, and we'll continue plugging away to release the best, most solid, most fun racing game to date. It is always a goal to appeal to and please the MX community as much as possible, but keeping the game fun and accessible is also a goal. There is a load of depth, learning, and practicing required to master this game and put down consistent fast laps. To this day I'm still learning new ways to use my rider weight to lower my lap times and get through sections faster.
Well if you really want to appeal to the MX community and just the casual player the body movements in air and through corners should be as close to spot on as you can get it. That way someone who actually rides MX will like it aswell as just someone who just wants a fun game to play.
norcal_105

Post by norcal_105 »

ive been playin MXS for about 6 months, and i have gotten fast.. it just seems hard to push 110% for more than a couple laps without having a yard sale.. but one thing that is great about this game is that you can slide.. which no other game has ever had.. its really cool to be able to steer with the trottle like a real bike.. and at the same time with updates it does seem to get better..

this game has come along way since it first came out.. cant wait to see whats in store for the future...
TeamShortBus276
Team: MX Formula

Post by TeamShortBus276 »

I am in huge disbelief that if you make it extremely realistic like mx simulator people will stop playing. I've played with people on Untamed that suck and keep playing just for the heck of and because they want to get better. Honestly, there aren't that many 6 year olds or people that don't race that get mx games. All of the people online race.The only reason Mx Simulator isn't a million dollar profit game is because it's for pc. Give JLV a chance to design an xbox 360 game and let him make it rain!!! He's be a billionaire instantly. A good mx game spreads throughout the mx community extremely quickly. If Mx Simulator came out on xbox 360, Microsoft itself would make a killing because I know over 50 people in my town that would go out and get an xbox just for a good mx game.
Phathry25 wrote:Are you sure you didn't mean to make your name YFZ-Mark?
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Pumaxcs wrote:I really didn't see it as that bad...

Watch the jump at about a quarter of the way thru, when the dude says "to react to how you want to play the game". Right after the quad is sliding around in the snow.

Note how the bike is pointing completely straight when he takes off, completely straight for the first 2/3 of the flight over the jump, then the bike takes a right turn in the air. And does a totally flat rotation around the vertical axis. It's completely entirely not fluid. Not realistic. It's just like MvA. Which has worse in air physics then MCM2.

I like the idea of the reflex control system. I like the terrain deformation, looks well done.

The idea of a pointer to save the rider from crashing sounds absolutely disgusting. The physics are clearly crappy. "Another round of polish" isn't going to fix them. No track editor. It all sounds pretty lame.

They've choosen to gave the rider move his boots to shift instead of giving the game realistic physics. THAT is the problem w/console games.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
MXloverSam40

Post by MXloverSam40 »

He is the wrong way... I am guessing this is one of the "death defying tricks". Looks really good and all with graphics and such, its game play physics I am worried about, but theres always MXS.

Btw, every single bike in the pics I have seen so far are 09 KX shaped... excpet one Two stroke KTM.
All these are KX's just different plastic :roll:
Team RedBull Riders
- MXloverSam40 - Shane78 - Zane - sam-brinkley -

*New Answer Lightning Gear*
*Download Gear and Bikes here*
*NEW MX Simulator Video*
JohnnyMac

Post by JohnnyMac »

I'll try not to rip Rainbow a new one...
Some lenthy gameplay at e3 would have been nice, maybe its out there somewhere. That vid on THQ showed a little and indicates a feature complete game. It looks like again, the physics is made "accessible" for the kids. I'll try the demo before final judgement, but Untamed left such a bitter sour taste that its hard to support a company/product repeatedly.

Also, wheres the official forums? THQ wants me to register..just for news or for forum access? I cant find forums on Rainbow's site either. Most games have long established forums that allow for some collaboration between fans and devs about gameplay. If there are no forums, then I have to wonder about a developer that has been making MX games for so long and theres NOTHING to indicate they look into concerns, issues, or improvments from the people who buy from them each time.

If MXS wasnt around I would be concerned, but it is so I want jlv's game to continue and flourish anyways. I am more happy racing 1 person (and lose!) in MXS then I ever was in the dozens of full rooms in Untamed. Oh the flying tuff blocks haunt me to this day. Now if only we can get a full team working with jlv.
WhMx179

Post by WhMx179 »

well IMO i have alot of faith in thq and rainbow, i fucken love untamed and i think that this game is gonna be worth my $2
but does anyone know when there will be a demo out for 360?
Last edited by WhMx179 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

I dont get it, why is everyone putting the $ symbol on the wrong side at the moment? lol

i thought it went in front, for example "$2"? Or is that just in New Zealand? Haha
I know its not important but im just wondering, sorry to go off topic.
MXONLINE_GEICO

Post by MXONLINE_GEICO »

i respect what u think guys but..... that s what i think: i love that game and if it is not a simulation i don t care i like the terrain deformation the shirt animations and the physics i thins do whip is not the important point of the game....that s what i think don t tell me that im am an idiot only 4 this guys :D :D :D
yomo

Post by yomo »

Blitz wrote:I dont get it, why is everyone putting the $ symbol on the wrong side at the moment? lol

i thought it went in front, for example "$2"? Or is that just in New Zealand? Haha
I know its not important but im just wondering, sorry to go off topic.
Yes it goes in front lol

But people say 2 dollars so they think 2$ :roll:
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Lmao it make some sence but still wierd haha
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
DW434

Post by DW434 »

i do it cuase i dont care
"90% of the game is half mental"-Yogi Berra

MXS Online Racing #434
The Whole Mxs Community wrote:Take off the kidney belt shading
Turbine951

Post by Turbine951 »

I'm in agreement with everybody else that the video looked less than stellar. However as Checkerz said, you really don't get a good feel for how the game feels by watching a video. Not only that, but a video of a guy playing who has A) Never ridden a dirtbike in his life and B) Likes to see how much air he can get rather than how cleanly he can rail that next rut. I would like to see a video released of one of the dev's playing. Hopefully we could get a better idea.