Electric Motocross... Noooooooooo!

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
MXloverSam40
Team: Privateer

Electric Motocross... Noooooooooo!

Post by MXloverSam40 »

http://www.dirtrider.com/reviews/dirt_b ... index.html
My thoughts:
Watching these race around a track would be BORING, I would like to have one (if it was given to me... $10k :shock: ) for dickin around but they just seem flimsy and boring... I also think these companies need to combine because of the advantages of each are different. Read the article for more, but basically its give something and get something with each bike. KTM apparently is working on one!

Your thoughts please!
Team RedBull Riders
- MXloverSam40 - Shane78 - Zane - sam-brinkley -

*New Answer Lightning Gear*
*Download Gear and Bikes here*
*NEW MX Simulator Video*
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Re: Electric Motocross... Noooooooooo!

Post by Mbutler183 »

A friend of mine has one, he says its fun to mess around on, maybe because the neighbors dont complain?
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

If they build them with the same level of quality suspension components (and other stuff, the chasis basically) and they can get the motor's to produce power near what we have with gas engines now, I don't see why these wouldn't be as fun, if not more fun, then a gas powered bike.

That's not gonna happen with these one off companys building them, then charging 10k for them. It's going to take one of the "real" manufacturer's to build a real one, then I would be all for these.

As I said in the other thread, the huge reduction in noise output will help us keep riding areas.

Imagine tracks plopped right down in the middle of residential areas, and no one complains!!
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
MXloverSam40

Post by MXloverSam40 »

Yea, no noise is cool because you could go anywhere, but I like my four stroke =). Haha the problem is neither of them have it all, like the zero last longer and stuff but it has hand breaks, wtf! Idk I hope we don't go electric but with riding areas closing because noise its a good idea.
Team RedBull Riders

*NEW MX Simulator Video*
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I couldn't imagine a quite mx race, it would be like "the gate drops *silence*", guys are having conversations in the air and stuff. Would definitely be weird.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

It'd be exactly like a basketball or football game. It's still loud, it's just the crowd noise. Plus the suspension, chains, etc would all still make noise.

it would definately be different.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
rgaede

Post by rgaede »

It's like two threads happening at once! Well back on topic, no complaints is kind-of far fetched. Here there's a bmx track right next to the University basketball arena (the football, soccer, and baseball arenas are here to). This is also near the freeway and a residential area. The people in the residential area already complain about the dust and the noise from the bmx speakers and the gate, imagine if it were electric motorcycles, the dust would be at least 200 times worse.
Rgaede Past numbers #333 #19 Now #373

DILLIGAF
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

JLV should add a motor for one of these to the game :D
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Ha! It'll sound like a PW50 race, cant hear them until they're there.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DW434

Post by DW434 »

are you def 50s are the loudest bikes there like pzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and there not going anywhere
and with electric bikes i would miss practice everytime cuase like say im 6 when i hear bikes go off the gate that one then i hear them go off the gate thats 2 if oyu cant hear im screwed

also for riding areas to open up that would mean every single person would have to buy a new bike or nobody would be out there if it was only electric
"90% of the game is half mental"-Yogi Berra

MXS Online Racing #434
The Whole Mxs Community wrote:Take off the kidney belt shading
REIDY-171

Post by REIDY-171 »

I was way ahead of the electric off road vehicle game. I had one of these bad boys right here. Although mine was yellow. lolololol
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

Heres a shot of my friends one:
MXloverSam40

Post by MXloverSam40 »

oo sexy...ish... not really they are ugly haha, the quanta ones look good (however you spell it!)
Team RedBull Riders

*NEW MX Simulator Video*
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

The only problem with electric vehicles right now is that range = $$$$$$$$. Good battery technology is already out there, but a Lithium Ion or LiFePO4 battery is pretty expensive.

Great thing about electric motors is that they produce maximum torque at low rpms. 8)
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
DW434

Post by DW434 »

the sporckets like as big as the wheel
"90% of the game is half mental"-Yogi Berra

MXS Online Racing #434
The Whole Mxs Community wrote:Take off the kidney belt shading