2015 SX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2015 SX Discussion

Post by Phathry25 »

Why is the FIM involved in this series again? Oh that's right. They needed supercros to legitimize themselves a few years back. We've been mocking their involvement for years, it meant literally nothing, get rid of them already.

It's pretty much like this real life example that happened to me a few years back. I renewed my license plate, but when the stickers showed up it was a shitty wet foggy winter day so I didn't put them on. Threw them in my glove box and forgot about it. Pulled over for it a few weeks later and I was like shoot, forgot to put em on after at rainy day. Officer says no big, runs my info sees I check out, I put the tags on and we both go on our merry way.

Pretty fair comparison, no? Obviously the outcome is a little different, one punishment fit the crime. One doesn't.

As fans what can we do? Get fucked, that's about it. :(
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Let's have riots.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Lol. I'm not going to go sarcastic here though. This really does grind my gears.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Who even runs FIM?
DJD

Post by DJD »

Ouch...that sucks big ones.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

he didnt follow the rules, he got in trouble. simple
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

Maybe a redbull/monster thing? Hmmm

Why are they suspending him just 3 weeks before Anaheim? That is just fucked up.
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

Phathry25 wrote: It's pretty much like this real life example that happened to me a few years back. I renewed my license plate, but when the stickers showed up it was a shitty wet foggy winter day so I didn't put them on. Threw them in my glove box and forgot about it. Pulled over for it a few weeks later and I was like shoot, forgot to put em on after at rainy day. Officer says no big, runs my info sees I check out, I put the tags on and we both go on our merry way.

Pretty fair comparison, no? Obviously the outcome is a little different, one punishment fit the crime. One doesn't.
The thing is, there are punishments for taking a drug without a TUE, regardless of whether you are eligible for the TUE or not. That's where your comparison is different.

In cycling I'm sure that a drug related ban usually dates back to the date they were caught, so it's possible that if Stewart got a 2 year ban, hypothetically of course, then the ban would start and end on the same date as this years Seattle supercross. I'm not sure if that's how it works here, though.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

KTM57 wrote:Let's have riots.
#blackracersmatter
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
mclaud11

Post by mclaud11 »

Regardless, when they realize how dumb the decision was after they see how many fans they just pissed off and lost, just maybe things can be over turned. Everyone knows if there's no bubba, the racing won't be near as exciting.
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

Careers end all the time. It's shitty it had to happen how it did, but everyone will forget about him not racing by the end of sx just like it happened with Mc, Rc and Windham.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

BuddyTheElf wrote:The thing is, there are punishments for taking a drug without a TUE, regardless of whether you are eligible for the TUE or not. That's where your comparison is different.

In cycling I'm sure that a drug related ban usually dates back to the date they were caught, so it's possible that if Stewart got a 2 year ban, hypothetically of course, then the ban would start and end on the same date as this years Seattle supercross. I'm not sure if that's how it works here, though.
It's a fair comparison, not exact. Either was the punishment does not fit the crime. Weather it's JBS or RV or Kevin Windham or if it happened in cycling or whatever other sport they oversee. The punishment is overkill, that doesn't change. If the FIM is responsible for the punishment it stinks something bad. Like real fishy smelling. They bring NOTHING to the table for American supercross and motocross. Are the even involved in any other American motorcycle series?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I thought FIM isn't part of outdoors? How is he banned entire 2015? Or is it only FIM events for 2015?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

They haven't actually even announced how long the ban is yet.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »