MX Bikes demo

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
<biker>62

Re: MX Bikes demo

Post by <biker>62 »

at 0:36, exactly how whips in mxbikes look like :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8OndR7yxYI
akshooter762
Team: Privateer

Post by akshooter762 »

Just downloaded it.. after about 30 mins my best time is 2:35:6 what's everyone else's? is it a way to get more tracks?
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Why did you look here? Try here...http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?board=13.0
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

Thank god we don't get Russian spammers on this forum. PiBoSo's getting daily garbage posts worse than kids asking for the next snapshot.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

I know they're constantly being harped on here but this really just goes to show how much better a game feels with decent engine/brake sounds and other small things like hand motions and tear offs. Even though the physics suck ass, it's almost fun to play for the sound and visuals alone.

I don't see myself migrating to MXB anytime soon but it's cool to see more MC games being developed.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Man this is getting really good.
Changelog so far:
fix: low-speed steering
fix: chat color
fix: bike reset
new: dynamic terrain deformation
new: wet terrain
new: dirt buildup on bike and rider
new: dirt on tyres
new: exhaust smoke
new: dabbing
new: automatic brake on slopes
new: oculus rift dk2 support
new: 250x bike

MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

I love all the features and details (especially the OR support!) but unless he fixes the physics of the game, it's not going to do well. I think he should focus on that before he adds anything else.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

If only he had jlv's bike stabilizer
TeamHavocRacing

PiBoSo needs to go dirtbiking a lot so he can feel what it's like. He already laments the "street bike feel" stigma.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:PiBoSo needs to go dirtbiking a lot so he can feel what it's like. He already laments the "street bike feel" stigma.
Yeah, I downloaded and tried the demo for about an hour and haven't played it since. I asked on the MXBikes forum asking if he planned on adjusting the physics at all since it felt more like riding a street bike than it did a dirtbike. (twitchy turning, can't handle bumps in the track, the way it reacts to jumps) and he dismissed it saying he wishes the "street bike feel" feedback would stop because it's simply not true.

No, you're right Piboso. Everyone who suggests the same thing are all insane. The physics are spot on! :roll:
m121c

Post by m121c »

I agree, in the nicest way possible the animations are flat out ugly. The physics... they just don't work. Does not feel like a real bike at all. Until you can simulate EVERYTHING (which you can't) you have to have something fake the real thing. JLV's stabilizer for instance, without it, this game would not have the feel it does.

The sooner Piboso realizes that the better off his game with be, unfortunately going of his past games it will not happen. To stubborn on it, which is probably why all his games have a lack of online players.

I bought the game right away just support the creators, I attempted playing it, but trying to play with a controller on that game is horrible. You don't have enough buttons or fingers for all the controls I find, I've even tried giving the new updates a shot but every time I load the game up and setup my controller, I close it before I even get to the track because I can't setup the controller worth a shit on that that game.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

It's the control system, not the physics. Physics are quantifiable and can be proven correct.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Phathry25 wrote:It's the control system, not the physics. Physics are quantifiable and can be proven correct.
There's no gyro effect, piss head.
Hi
JohnnyMac
Team: Privateer

Post by JohnnyMac »

If you prefer first person in mxs and don't like how the camera is in mx bikes, I was able to get a decent solution after some nagging to devs. Two settings you can modify in the profile.ini (located in your mx bikes username folder in windows Documents dir) are TILT and FOV. Tilt makes the first person camera more in line with the bike in a lean, similar to mxs and fov is same deal as mxs just giving more view of bike and surroundings. I found that a tilt value betwenn 0.5 and 1.0 (I like tilt=1.0) and fov=110 give me a very similar feel to mxs and a much more MX style view and less gp feeling. Currently, these values are above what the game allows so any changes you make in the game revert these too back to standard/default values, so you have to quit out and input them again if you touch any settings changes. Finally, I have my direct lean % (in the first "input" setting tab) set to 0. Other than these, just typical riding tips are leaning all the way forward and using the sit/dab into corners has changed this demo into something more fun once I get a few laps in. 100% turn around for me towards the feel of game, so just thought Id share it over here in mxs land.
Here's the thread discussion about this topic: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=628.0
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

Online gameplay:

Beta 2 Freeride:

Cant freaking wait for beta 3, the game it´s pretty good once you´ve practiced a little, it took me the same amount of time for mxb and mxs.
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...