MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by yzmxer608 »

This post is pretty spot on too. https://rejzor.wordpress.com/2015/08/24 ... orse-shit/
Ok, this fucking does it. Windows 10 is the motherfucking worst Windows OS I’ve ever used. No, Vista was a fucking gem compared to this pile of absolute concentrated excrement.

Lets write down why…

I happen to own a slightly older Compaq laptop. Nothing fancy, it’s powered by an AMD E-450 APU and I’ve bought extra 4GB of RAM to make 8GB in total and replaced the crappy HDD with 128GB Crucial M4 SSD. It’s still kinda weak, but for web, music and movies, perfectly capable device. Has served me well with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Popup came along to update to Windows 10 and so I did it. And that’s where thing went downhill. 90° slope…

There is this wonderful thing with AMD E-450 APU where latest Catalyst 15.7 drivers, the very same that also get delivered to Windows 10 through Windows Update, these drivers don’t fucking work at all. Youtube at 480p lags and stutters like I’m trying to run 4K on a fucking Commodore C-128. It’s absolutely unusable.

Gone through Display Driver Uninstaller, manually disabled automatic driver updating and installed old Catalyst 14.12 Omega, the ones that worked fine and where I could playback 1080p Youtube smoothly. All was well and then I stopped using laptop for a while because I didn’t need it.

Like an hour ago, I’ve fired it up and checked for updates since it passed quite a lot of days. And guess what Windows Update automatically without asking me a single thing. Yup, you guessed it. It installed motherfucking Catalyst 15.7 WHQL drivers on its own that don’t fucking work with HD6320 GPU found on AMD E-450 APU.

If this was the scenario with Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, I could simply uncheck the driver in the Windows Update panel where you decide what driver updates to install and what to ignore. Problem would be solved in 5 seconds and I’d have no need to write this rant. But nope in Windows 10. No such thing. Microsoft just forcibly stuffs ALL MOTHERFUCKING DRIVERS down your throat whether they work or they don’t (and most of the time they don’t work, say hello to all the broken wireless drivers from the past). And this is exactly what I’ve been warning about when “new” Windows Update was revealed. Bad shit will happen when Microsoft decides to forcibly install all drivers. And it’s already happening.

I’d blame AMD for not providing functional drivers, but it’s not AMD that is forcing broken drivers onto my system, it’s fucking Microsoft.

How can a multi-billion company like Microsoft fuck it up so badly is beyond any level of comprehension. It’s so terrifyingly bad it’s almost surreal. Fucking hell. And I’ve actually gone and bought a GTX 980 so I’ll have a DirectX 12 capable GPU to properly utilize graphics on a new OS. Which turned out to be this piece of crap (the OS, GTX 980 is fine). And I’ll eventually be forced to use Windows 10 because DirectX 12 will not be available on Windows 8.1 (which works like a charm). I always install all system updates in Windows 8.1 but skip most driver updates per my selection. It’s brilliant, keeps system up to date and under my full control because I know how to handle computers you fucks at Redmond. And then there is Windows 10 with its pathetic forced auto updating of motherfucking everything.

Microsoft, fuck you and fuck your Windows 10. This is by FAR the worst Windows I’ve ever used. It’s so fucking bad it makes Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows Millennium look like fucking perfection. At least it was under MY control and it fucking worked. Windows 10 is apparently entirely under Microsoft’s control and it’s fucking non functional pile of shit.

Microsoft, STOP breaking shit and forcing it on us. You CAN’T possibly know what drivers we want so stop doing this shit. Fuck. Just fucking stop it! Aaaaaargh!!!!
Didn't realize it since all the updates so far were for 10 itself, but you can't choose what you want to update like the old OS:

What's funny is I found this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/ ... ce=twitter When I ran it, it showed me available updates I could hide, when I checked in the actual windows updates it said none were available... Windows can't even agree with itself if there's fucking updates or not. Besides the only way that tool can help is if an update is automatically installed, you find out it fucks some thing up by surprise, then you manually uninstall it, then "hide" it. Could have all been avoided if it gave you the option to disable the update originally.

Do they think everyone is retarded and doesn't want control or what?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

I loved windows 10 and then Nateguy installed it and told us all why it sucks lmao
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

I removed almost all of the apps from windows 10 when I switched to it after my OS SSD died last month. Just follow this guide Nate.
http://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-to- ... tall-them/

I actually quite like windows 10 after getting rid of the bloatware and disabling unneeded services which takes some time and effort, but that was the same with all the other Windows too so it's nothing new with 10.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

The only thing that I've really found annoying about Windows 10 so far is Cortana, because when you talk about the bitch in TS (even if you're talking about Halo) she tabs you out of whatever game you're playing to provide help that you don't need, which always seems to happen when I'm on a hot lap or surrounded by a horde of zombies. Luckily, this is a feature that can be turned off
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Shadow wrote:I removed almost all of the apps from windows 10 when I switched to it after my OS SSD died last month. Just follow this guide Nate.
http://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-to- ... tall-them/

I actually quite like windows 10 after getting rid of the bloatware and disabling unneeded services which takes some time and effort, but that was the same with all the other Windows too so it's nothing new with 10.
Thanks, I'll have to check that out.
mxsrider96 wrote:The only thing that I've really found annoying about Windows 10 so far is Cortana, because when you talk about the bitch in TS (even if you're talking about Halo) she tabs you out of whatever game you're playing to provide help that you don't need, which always seems to happen when I'm on a hot lap or surrounded by a horde of zombies. Luckily, this is a feature that can be turned off
She was disabled already the first time 10 booted, I guess she knew better to go hide in the basement :twisted:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

Actually now that I think about it... I turned that on... I'm dumb. She's still a whore though. Killed me on round 20 on Kino because someone in TS mentioned her and I felt the need to reply to the comment
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Win 10 Pro I can select all the features I don't want in updates.

Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Meh windows can't be held responsible for a bad driver from a third party, IMO the best course of action is for AMD to pull the bad driver so that people aren't getting it and push the old driver back through or put out a new fixed driver without the issues. People forget that 99% of people who have computers don't know anything, while there should be provisions for power users they shouldn't necessarily be the defaults.

I think the mistake Microsoft has made is to try and tempt everyone who has a windows computer to upgrade. Unless the computer came with 8/8.1 I wouldn't recommend it honestly unless you are a power user. People who are having problems after upgrading probably shouldn't have upgraded their 2+ year old system IMO.

That said, my GFs computer has an issue after upgrading and I am going to do a clean install this weekend to try and solve it. The computer thinks it is using 100% of the hard drive speed all the time or there is some process in the background doing it but its impossible to track down.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

SMR 510RR wrote:Meh windows can't be held responsible for a bad driver from a third party, IMO the best course of action is for AMD to pull the bad driver so that people aren't getting it and push the old driver back through or put out a new fixed driver without the issues.
I agree about the driver, but I'd rather not have device drivers through Windows OS updates either way.
SMR 510RR wrote:People forget that 99% of people who have computers don't know anything, while there should be provisions for power users they shouldn't necessarily be the defaults.
I also agree with this, but things are getting so dumbed down you aren't getting control over things anymore. While that would be one thing, you also don't get the choice to have that control, it's just taken away.

I just watched this video, which puts the nail in the Win10 coffin for me (at least my main desktop PC, can't do much about my laptop now since it was school issued which I got to keep with no disc). Yes most of the things can be disabled, but the fact that the automatic updates (which you have no control over) can revert and change the settings whenever (which yes, that probably happens with settings on Win7 too, but 7 has a lot less integrated crap like Cortana and the apps to worry about) is BS.

I suggest watching the whole video. I just installed and ran the anti-beacon program on my 7 install so it has some different things vs 10 but the same principle still applies.

Yes I have my tinfoil hat on, and some of you might not think it's a big deal, but like he said in the video my PC is MY PC which I don't want remote access to or data being taken from. In the future I see everything we use device-wise being completely in the cloud and we'll have no control, and everything will need to be connected to the internet at all times. Bye privacy!

I'll be watching that video again and applying everything to my laptop, also uninstalling the apps, and unlinking my Microsoft account. I really only use the laptop for a larger screen for internet in the house besides my phone, only thing that is kept on it is wallpaper photos and sometimes go pro recordings and dropbox. Speaking of dropbox it's nice to transfer files between my phone, PC and laptop without plugging it in, but I'd like to eventually get a NAS to replace it.

I'm off to go get another roll of tin foil, and some copper sheets for good measure.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Oh, and that part about Edge ignoring the hosts file rule, that's BS it does that.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

This is like 20 minutes from my house. Yep. Good ole so-cal
https://www.facebook.com/kvtanews/video ... 537226901/
Bhardy448
Team: team.fammx.com

Post by Bhardy448 »

Charge a cop with a knife, not a good day for you.
jlv wrote:It's OK. I think he's Australian.
MaicoBreako

Post by MaicoBreako »

That's a rough situation all around, the deputy tried to pull his taser, but the guy charged him. It's crazy how hopeless it must feel to be a PO and have to deal with suicidal people, even though you want to help them, you have to protect yourself.
jlv wrote:
jduuuub wrote: bullshit.
I shit you not!
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Bhardy448 wrote:Charge a cop with a knife, not a good day for you.
This^^^^. 90% of the riots and upheaval lately are from crimes like this. Being belligerent or uncooperative with a cop is one thing, but wielding a weapon or acting like you're about to is suicide AND it's legally justified by the cop. How the hell is that a police problem? The other 10% are bad cops.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
dirtmonkey63

Post by dirtmonkey63 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: This^^^^. 90% of the riots and upheaval lately are from crimes like this. Being belligerent or uncooperative with a cop is one thing, but wielding a weapon or acting like you're about to is suicide AND it's legally justified by the cop. How the hell is that a police problem? The other 10% are bad cops.
It's pretty sad how a lot of people can't just stop and think logically about this...well said guy.