MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by On The Pipe »

checkerz wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:I actually have to check the sag again, last time I did it I was too light to get proper sag but didn't bother getting a different spring, I'm heavier now so I'm not sure where it is. Thanks for reminding me.

Were they using steering dampers during those crashes?
Sag/spring rates are extremely important and number 1 with setup. Also, where are your forks at in your clamps? And did you ensure your forks are completely aligned when installing your front wheel? All of those are very common with causing headshake.

The Showa (Honda) steering dampers are a great component, but pretty useless unless revalved. Your major suspension companies will be able to revalve them and make it very effective. With a proper suspension setup, headshake on a YZ125 shouldn't be an issue.
Could also tighten the steering stem nut more of a bandaid fix if the balance is off. Hell my rm looks like a damn chopper and still turns in quick. I'd rather have a bike with too much rear sag than not enough. It may not slip into ruts and understeer on the corners. However, the bike is still very predictable. The balance was off on my yz125 too much rear sag for how low my forks were in the clamps (flush). I could man handle my yz in the corners my rm requires a lot more finesse.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Thanks for the info Chex. The forks are at the stock position, I believe that is 5mm out of the clamp. I also just got the motion pro fork true tool but haven't used it yet to see if they're parallel or not. I'll check the sag and the fork parallelism and see if it's any better.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

yzmxer608 wrote:Thanks for the info Chex. The forks are at the stock position, I believe that is 5mm out of the clamp. I also just got the motion pro fork true tool but haven't used it yet to see if they're parallel or not. I'll check the sag and the fork parallelism and see if it's any better.
I don't know much about the Motion Pro tool, so don't know whether to trust it or not, but I know you can trust this and it doesn't cost anything...

http://racetech.com/page/title/Fork%20Installation
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

It's just 2 V blocks that slide apart and sit on the tubes, you set the length right under the clamps, then check it as close to the axle as you can and check for gaps. I saw you post that method before and will do that, then check it to make sure. Now I want to check it just to see if that's part of the problem or not before I "re-seat" them doing that method.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

All of you rifle hunters getting ready for deer or elk season should remember... when you shoot your rifle you're moving the earth 1 trillionth of an inch over the course of 56 years. Be careful, huh?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

Just lost a 90 day streak with Blake O'brien....
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

Rush wrote:Just lost a 90 day streak with Blake O'brien....
good riddance
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

model_90 wrote:
Rush wrote:Just lost a 90 day streak with Blake O'brien....
good riddance
But the weird thing is, is that I snapchatted him earlier that day like 10 times and then all of a sudden it disappears... kms
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

I spy Hoffman from Sebastian Tortelli's helmet cam at Chaney Ranch.

ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

When a normal glass isn't enough and you're too lazy to get one.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

It accurately tracks your progress as you drink. What kind of GPH did you hit?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:It accurately tracks your progress as you drink. What kind of GPH did you hit?
I would guess about 1 GPH, but I didn't have more than a half. It was just a drinkmix, non alcoholic. Lime something, tasted nice.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Wahlamt wrote:When a normal glass isn't enough and you're too lazy to get one.
In my office at work, i have a glass liquid measuring cup that I use as my coffee mug. It allows me to accurately measure the amount of coffee I'm drinking, although the intensity of my coffee poops usually is good measure.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

ShackAttack12 wrote:In my office at work, i have a glass liquid measuring cup that I use as my coffee mug. It allows me to accurately measure the amount of coffee I'm drinking, although the intensity of my coffee poops usually is good measure.
Haha that's cool, but that's also why I don't drink coffee ;)
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »