Monster Cup 2015 Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Re: Monster Cup 2015 Discussion

Post by mxsrider96 »

I expect Reed will race this season, pull some good results, possibly a win or two, and then hang it up and turn to managing or training, or start up a CRU or something. I'm expecting to see Stewy challenge for the title, but I think that if he can't do it in at least one series, be it SX or MX, he'll call it quits shortly after too, and start working on making Malcolm faster than James could've ever hoped to be. And keep him on the damn bike rather than on the ground. If I see a Stewart that can stay on the bike, week in and week out, and be a threat for the title, I'll be happy
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
MaicoBreako

Post by MaicoBreako »

On The Pipe wrote:One does not simply understand vitalmx...logic gets thrown completely out the window.
If you haven't gone on Thumper Talk then you don't even know the meaning of illogical...
jlv wrote:
jduuuub wrote: bullshit.
I shit you not!
bob117

Post by bob117 »

this is pure speculation, but my thinking is that 95% of dirtbike racers, or at least the ones that post on forums, have taken one to many dirt samples and things arent clicking right in there heads anymore.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Or we have been around the sport long enough to know the reality of how well (or how bad) certain riders will do, and not just fall victim to "hype".
bob117

Post by bob117 »

ya know devin. not every post is about you/ attacking you... my post was in reference to most vital members who have 0 common sense. aka the guys that fall victim to the "hype"
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I never said you were attacking me, I think it's you assuming that's what I assume out of every post. You know, that's half the reason why people give me shit. When I'm simply replying, you think it's an "argument".
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

Ddavis wrote:I never said you were attacking me, I think it's you assuming that's what I assume out of every post. You know, that's half the reason why people give me shit. When I'm simply replying, you think it's an "argument".
I found your post about Reed funny surprised someone else didn't say the same thing. Think the only reason some people gave crap cause of your history. I found DJ's comment on Chad Reed ludicrous.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

mxsrider96 wrote:Is anyone else afraid of that start for next year? :shock: :shock: :shock: I would love to just stand at the top of that, shit my pants because of it, and then watch my idols ride it
I'm just thinking it's pure dangerous? They'll be 4/5th pinned down that?
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Wahlamt wrote:
mxsrider96 wrote:Is anyone else afraid of that start for next year? :shock: :shock: :shock: I would love to just stand at the top of that, shit my pants because of it, and then watch my idols ride it
Someone will die but that is 1/2 the fun?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

SMR 510RR wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:
Someone will die but that is 1/2 the fun?
Well that's the obviously fun part, kind of survival of the fittest. Guess Dungey will keep he's life with his consistency.
JakeT3

Post by JakeT3 »

Wahlamt wrote:
They're 5th pinned any las vegas/mec track
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Hard to judge much on Chad Reed from the Monster Cup. He hasn't normally done great at the event since it became the MEC versus the old US Open that he was badass at.

Looking at laptimes he was just over half a second off the top time in practice. In the first two motos he was over 2 seconds a lap off the fastest time, and in the third main was a second off. I'm positive his bike isn't where it needs to be yet and along with that becomes the mental side and he's proven to be a mental and picky rider to go fast.

My thoughts? He'll be on the podium a bit, maybe win a race or two, but be a non factor for the championship. If this team situation doesn't get handled soon, I'd say he'll have a season more like the outdoors the last few years and that isn't pretty. He did win a race last year and wasn't doing terribly until the black flag.

You know who was sneaky fast at Monster Cup? Blake Baggett! He ripped through the pack and was pretty impressive. I think we'll see him on a podium a couple of times this season.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

I agree about Baggett. I was not expecting that out of him. This may be a LONG shot, but I'd say he may be able to pull out a Daytona win this year
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn