MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by yzmxer608 »

Gnarly!
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

On The Pipe wrote:Nice for woods riders don't have a bring an extra can to mix gas and you can pump right into the fuel tank.
Where's the oil tank?? I can't imagine trying to refuel 2tanks in the middle of a race would be fun.
Hi
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

Boblob801 wrote:
On The Pipe wrote:Nice for woods riders don't have a bring an extra can to mix gas and you can pump right into the fuel tank.
Where's the oil tank?? I can't imagine trying to refuel 2tanks in the middle of a race would be fun.
It's in front of the airbox. The oil tank on the x-trainer holds 600mL (approx. 20 ounces). I'm assuming they are the same size since the x-trainer was the test bed the year before. That is more than enough oil to last longer than a full tank of gas (2.5 gallons). Apparently, the x-trainer has a seat release button so you can easily get to oil tank. Engineers they literally leave no stone unturned :P
MaicoBreako

Post by MaicoBreako »

On The Pipe wrote: It's in front of the airbox. The oil tank on the x-trainer holds 600mL (approx. 20 ounces). I'm assuming they are the same size since the x-trainer was the test bed the year before. That is more than enough oil to last longer than a full tank of gas (2.5 gallons). Apparently, the x-trainer has a seat release button so you can easily get to oil tank. Engineers they literally leave no stone unturned :P
Yeah, the seat releases with a button, it makes it easy to access the toolkit and battery. I love everything about my Beta, it is the most well designed bike I have ever seen.
jlv wrote:
jduuuub wrote: bullshit.
I shit you not!
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Hell ya Jeremy
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

I see, what exactly are the advantage,, I remember the ds80 had something similar xD. Haha. In my head I can imagine I'd get annoyed having to refuel both. Like if I'm in the middle of a gncc race and after like the 1.5hour mark I need to refuel but I have to top up both
Hi
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

If the bike holds 2.5 gallons, and the injection system injects the oil at 32:1 you're using 10oz of oil per tank. If the oil tank held 1 quart you would need to burn 3 full tanks before you needed to add any. I'm not sure how long a race a GNCC race is, but I'd imagine the people investing millions into designing and building the bike have probably thought of it already...
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

I just want to know why you would want to put fuel in your oil tank.
MaicoBreako

Post by MaicoBreako »

tyskorn wrote:I just want to know why you would want to put fuel in your oil tank.
wat.
jlv wrote:
jduuuub wrote: bullshit.
I shit you not!
tyskorn

Post by tyskorn »

Boblob801 wrote:refuel both
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

Fuel isn't specific to petroleum young squid. Corn is fuel, oil is fuel, the term fuel covers a lot of things. Either way phat covered it with his not so useful imperial measurements.
Hi
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Is lubrication fuel?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
tyskorn

Post by tyskorn »

The term fuel doesn't cover a substance used to lubricate your engine, young squid.
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

fuel
fjʊəl/Submit
noun
material such as coal, gas, or oil that is burned.

It gets burnt so it is a form of fuel. But that's only a technicality.
Hi
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Moving to San Diego tomorrow! :shock:
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |