gaming

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: gaming

Post by yzmxer608 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Recent events in Spintires land are fit for TMZ or ET News....I don't care if all I do is deliver logs, it feels like an accomplishment when I do it.

From Steam:
"Dec 18, 2014

Spintires creator claims publisher has frozen him out of his own game.

PC Gamer
Spintires is an off-road driving simulator in which you take hard-as-nails Soviet-era vehicles on excursions through the rugged Russian wilderness. The outstanding physics make for a very realistic simulation of hardcore off-roading, but as a game, it doesn't have a whole lot else going on. You're not racing for the flag against other players or hurrying to evacuate Strelok from the Exclusion Zone; you're just driving around muddy woods. Andy Kelly said in his June review that it felt like an Early Access game because its scope is so limited, and now it appears that it could stay that way forever.

In a message posted on the Russian social network VK and translated on Steam, developer Pavel Zagrebelnyj accused UK-based publisher Oovee of taking the money and skipping town, leaving him unable to update the game. "Sad news... just seemed like the development process started, I almost finished my map and tools to develop mods (free upgrade)... as our Englishmen from oovee together with the loot disappeared," he said. "I don't have permissions to upload the update to Steam. So now I'll complete and release map editor, in the version it is now, and this will be end of Spintires."

He also claimed that Oovee was deleting his posts from its official English-language forum, effectively cutting him off from a large part of his audience. Oovee, however, has denied the allegations, saying Zagrebelnyj has been paid in full and that there is no breach of contract on either side. It also expressed hope that development will resume soon, and said that talks to expand the team to allow for faster and more wide-ranging development were also planned.

"Unfortunately there have been some communication issues recently which appear to have lead to this post being made by Pavel on the Russian forum," it wrote on its own forums. "Oovee has not been notified of any contract terminations or anything of that matter—a discussion will be held on the subject to rectify any misunderstandings."

As for future updates, it added, "As Oovee owns the rights to Spintires, we have no plans of our own to halt and/or cease to develop the game further."

Zagrebelnyj said he still holds the rights to the technology and source code, however, and may use that to create another, similar game.
|
|
Dec.25th 2014

Happy Holidays from the Oovee team

Community Announcements - OOVEE_R
Good day off-roaders,

As 2014 comes to a close - we would like to thank all of our fans for supporting us and would like to look back over the year. We have experienced good days and we have experienced hard days - while we can only wish for a walk in the park, we must face the truth that there will always challenges to contend with.

With the success of Spintires and further expansion of the game planned - we see that we couldn't have come this far without the support of all of you. Every day is a learning curve and every day is different - it is now that we should learn from the past so we can move successfully into the future.

Going forward into 2015, we look to see the release of mod support... a feature that has been patiently awaited by you all. Furthermore, both paid and free downloadable content will be makings it's way to you all, where new maps, trucks and game modes will be creating a longer playable life span to the game.

There is much to be enjoyed in 2015 and we hope that you will continue to support us on our journey, creating Spintires for you all to enjoy.

As it is that time of year to share good will and presents - as a Christmas present from everyone at Oovee Game Studios and IMGN.PRO, we are sharing with you a free map called 'The Pit'.

Before we leave to spend the holidays with our families, we would like to wish you all Happy holidays and a fantastic New Year!
Wow, that sucks. I actually had a lot of fun playing this game. The only thing I really didn't like about it was when you finished the objectives the map would just start over, wish you could keep a save slot or something just because you finished it (even if it is the same map).
Midbeck wrote:I've been playing a lot of Assetto Corsa lately and drifting in that game is so much fun holy shit! Amazing stuff if you guys are interested.
Definitely is a fun game! Been meaning to do more on the drifting side, and take screenshots of it.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:I got CoD AW for X-Mas and I'm very impressed with those visuals...
Does the whole game look like that?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:Some more BF4 glitches...
What did you do to get out of the first one?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

In BF4, I loaded an earlier game save and played right past that glitch. It's more like a corrupted file.
CoD looks like that for the privileged few with gaming rigs. Mine is quite a few clicks below that to run smoothly, but it's still nice.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Midbeck
Team: Race tech

Post by Midbeck »

Assetto Corsas new years announcement.

scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Anyone who has hearthstone? I downloaded it 3hours ago and I've never felt this pleasing feeling that quickly in a game before :shock:
Normally I need time to get used to the game, but now it's just bam! #addiction
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

The first time I played it, I went for like 8 hours.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I like the idea but I'm not sure if I'd do it for PC. If it got released for Android I'd be down.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

It's on Android tablets. The issue is you need a screen big enough to effectively play a card game, and even my iPad mini was almost too small.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Post by Osari52 »

Meant to post this here yesterday if anyone is interested in checking out myself and Hinners babble on while playing MvA Reflex :D

Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

"Not even IGN would give that a passing score" - 9GAG
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Always feels good to get into the 30 range for kills
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I've mentioned the game before but now that its getting an update shortly I'll mention it again. Anyone think Due Process looks like a fun one to play? Its a SWAT like game that has abit of strategy with it.

MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing

My Amiga 500 would run that.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Looks like it would be super fun with friends.
TeamHavocRacing

I just had the animation of my knife reversal freeze at the end of a round! Nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
TeamHavocRacing

Went on to get 2 dirtbike kills and I finally made 2 levolutions happen. Easily amused.