what kind of phone do you have?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Re: what kind of phone do you have?

Post by MXJProductions »

REIDY-171 wrote:Samsung Galaxy S III
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Ballsfalsky wrote:Way different, but I guess kind of similar in some aspects. Androids are open sourced from the get go, meaning lots can be done to modify the phone. By flashing a ROM, you are flashing a Kernel, Boot Loaders, Modem, etc. The Kernel allows you to overclock and what not. I had my galaxy S1 (1.0ghz single core stock) OC'd to 1.5ghz on AOKP 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. Since you are flashing an entire OS over, there is a very small chance that you can either Soft brick or Hard brick the device. A soft brick is where the flashing process is unsuccessful and the phone will not turn on. To turn the phone back on you need to put it into download mode (which is easy). A hard brick is where the phone becomes a very expensive paper weight. I got lucky with my SGSI. It hard bricked because my laptop came unplugged and died in the middle of a flash. I left it overnight and somehow it worked in the morning. There is almost no chance of bricking your phone anymore. ODIN has become so reliable that only 1 in 100,000 flashes is unsuccessful.

Oh, and since it changes the OS, the theme is entirely different. I think its a great learning experience, as well as a great thing to do to your phone.
Ohhh, sounds like the type of phone I would want! I have a LG chocolate touch now.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

had this until i lost it :oops: :lol:
now i got this badboy lol
very handy and slimline! :mrgreen:
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Ballsfalsky
Team: Tim Hortons

Post by Ballsfalsky »

yzmxer608 wrote: Ohhh, sounds like the type of phone I would want! I have a LG chocolate touch now.
Lots of people just want a phone that they can use from the Get go, and be on their way. Those are the people who like iPhones and swear by them.

People who are more into PC's and what not tend to like the androids better. I think it's the amount we like to fidget with stuff and extend our knowledge. I sincerely miss my droid. It really brings me down to know that I'm stuck with this phone for 2 years.
Prada

Post by Prada »

I had an htc thunderbolt since the 4g was introduced to Verizon. Great phone. I loved how I could root it and use it as a tethered connection with no additional charges and on top of that I could overclock it. After a while the overclock took a toll on the phone as it started running at temps over 65C. I had an amazing connection because it was tethered.

I got the iPhone 5 on release date. No complaints what so ever, amazing phone. Ridiculously smooth. However, had I been into all the rooting and custom themes like I used to be, I would not have wanted this iPhone. I dont really use my phone at all anymore, so i would rather have something reliable and with great customer service. I still do use my 4g Internet for no extra charge via iTether. A web based app that bypasses the App Store to allow a wifi connection shared to your computer. Even though I'm on the same Internet as the thunderbolt, the connection causes lag in video games..due to, in which I believe, the problem being a wifi connection rather than USB tethered.

I am waiting on the jailbreak so I can get a successful USB tether for the iphone5 and really see how this things internet can perform when on a computer

PC for life doe
The Conman
Team: Ardent/TGphoto/Adept

Post by The Conman »

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S III.