Other Moto Games

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
supercross711

Re: Other Moto Games

Post by supercross711 »

Sandhapper wrote:This might be a bit stupid to say, but I actually think that this game (mx-bikes) will be the next Mx Simulator. Maybe not in the beginning, but once there are people modding the game, it'll be awesome.
We'll also be able to mod the physics in the game, so I'm sure that we'll see 50cc, 85cc etc..
I agree, this game is looking badass!
P2sta wrote:Read it again, you are going full are going full 'meurican here.
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Pumaxcs wrote:Neither will be as 'sim' as MXS is.
Can't say I agree with you. Mx bikes will out do mxs in a lot of different aspects of realism. On the forum you can read up on the things he has already implemented. Including having the option to have a fully manual clutch giving you the ability to stall if not ridden properly. So far for me piboso is ticking all the boxes.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I guess time will tell if it will be as "sim" as MXS is. But if you judge by his other games, it should be...
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
ct596

Post by ct596 »

My favorites as a kid:

Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Mikey wrote:I guess time will tell if it will be as "sim" as MXS is. But if you judge by his other games, it should be...
I played GP bikes and I can't see how you say that. "If" I was ever able to get going I found the MVA style to work, lean as far as you can to turn. I maybe washed once or twice and thats because I was on the brakes at full lean, absolutely should have. Maybe GP works different than I think it does but for me what I played with GP didn't convince me.

The things he is implementing into the game such as stalling, why does that sound fun? We have talked about adding it into sim before and everyone was against it. He is putting in different tires, also talked about in sim but everyone was against it once again because in the end it would have made no difference. Everyone will choose the same tire for the track and it will be just as equal as it was before. I will give him that he has plans for tear offs, I would love that in MXS so hes got that going for him. Everything else though is the exact same; static objects, no bike damage (GOOD!), plans on terrain deformation (who will get it online first?), controller support, leaning separate from bike, even the terrain for the maps uses 16 bit greyscale (who supports larger scale maps?).

It is way to early to put it down but I want you guys to truly look at it because the things you are excited about in this game are the reasons you turned it down in MXS or don't like MXGP. General statement, no names came to mind during that sentence.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Pumaxcs wrote:
Mikey wrote:I guess time will tell if it will be as "sim" as MXS is. But if you judge by his other games, it should be...
I played GP bikes and I can't see how you say that. "If" I was ever able to get going I found the MVA style to work, lean as far as you can to turn. I maybe washed once or twice and thats because I was on the brakes at full lean, absolutely should have. Maybe GP works different than I think it does but for me what I played with GP didn't convince me.
Yeah I don't know Kev. When I played it, it seemed to be 100% "sim", I could barely stay upright with all the leaning and weight, It seemed legit. His other 2 car games are sims aswell, so hopefully he will be sicking with the trend.

We're just going to have to wait and see...
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Well we've been playing the same rider MXS physics for like what? 5 years now? It'd be nice to play sim with a rider that moves more than just forwards and backwards and sit like stud.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Midbeck
Team: Race tech

Post by Midbeck »

I have no idea how many of you that have actually raced karts? I'm not talking about karts that you rent or run of electricity, Kart racing Pro is another sim that Piboso has made and I used to race karts and I can tell you that you cant nail it much better than what he did with that game.

I'm not saying that MX-Bikes is better then MX simulator, but when it comes to making a simulator, Piboso is probably one of the best indie developers out there.
staydown
Team: Building Tracks Only

Post by staydown »

It looks like it has a lot of potential. Rider movement looks great, and the bike physics look good too, especially that clip of the rider jumping off the table top from the side. But mx sim is moving in the right direction and at a good pace. I know I'm repeating the masses, but the following mods, will push mxsimulator to epicness.

1: Rider movement besides front to back
2: Rider/bike shadows
3: Someone with professional recording capabilities to record new bike sounds samples
4: Environment sounds (ie. crowd noise for wrecks and such)
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Yes, that is what JLV needs to work on, models can wait. Don't care about the graphics, physics is what is all about!
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Lynch
Team: Atlas Technologies

Post by Lynch »

Kawasakis wrote:Yes, that is what JLV needs to work on, models can wait. Don't care about the graphics, physics is what is all about!
Del
Team: Dubmoto

Post by Del »

TGphoto wrote:Best intro ever made for any moto game. Loved this game. Like Nate said, the ruts were fun when you hit them just right, but you had to hit them perfectly. I think this game had a track editor too.

I wouldn't say it's the best, it's definitely got some competition from Motocross Madness 2. But thanks for the video, it gave me some flashbacks to the PS1 days. I never had a memory card so I would leave the Playstation running overnight when I had made it especially far into the career mode. That's when I first learned that life wasn't fair for privateers. I wasn't very good, so I couldn't afford the good parts, but I couldn't finish better because I couldn't afford the good parts! This game also gave the the real life habit of coasting up jumps and then goosing it at the tip.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

SO much time spent on MCM2, was an awesome game. Sucks the MDx site went down probably almost 2 years ago, was the last place people still raced, did weekly recorder races too. I found a FB group that has a bunch of people from that site though. I can get it to work on my PC but can't change the res from 640x480 for some reason.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

g-dub wrote:
you do realize it's unlisted for a reason, and as craig said, Piboso doesn't want the video to be linked outside of his forum, especially not another game developer's who will be in direct competition with him. That is why it is unlisted...
Donate if you like My Creations