post pics of your bikes

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Jacko #828
Team: Privateer

Re: post pics of your bikes

Post by Jacko #828 »

No really :lol:
cdub85

Post by cdub85 »

I think he mentioned that because he has modern crf plastic on his 2005. But ya let's throw mud in his face guys. It's so fun being an internet bully. Tough crowd here.
yamaha#521

Post by yamaha#521 »

Got this thing on Wednesday.
yamaha#521

Post by yamaha#521 »

Sry, DP but it came "only" 3 months late.
wellzee793
Team: Tranomics

Post by wellzee793 »

Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Serious question time. I rode all of about 3 or 5 times last year. Could have been more but it sure didn't feel like it. I have a 2010 KXF 250 and I feel awful that I have a bike like that for leisure time once everyone two months and that it just sits there for that long. Do 2 strokes do better and sitting dormant than 4 strokes? I feel like I can get back what I paid for my 250f because of the market around here and pick up a decent 250 smoker and still have plenty of money left over to fix it up or profit. I'm not going to be a racer, that ship has sailed and I accept it, a fun bike to ride is all I'm really looking for but if its no better at sitting then I may just sell the bike and wait until I get more free time to get another. College and a job left me way less time than anyone warned me about.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
ant40c

Post by ant40c »

Most of the time it depends on the bike. Some are better than others no matter what stroke or cc. I have a 2013 KTM 250 SXF and I fractured my growth plate in my wrist and bruised my tailbone. I didnt ride for a month and just went out yesterday. Bike felt fine just suspension was a little stiff and brakes needed to get pumped a few times but it started right away. Maybe because its electric start but ya. Sorry for spelling, im on my phone.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Sta-bil.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Just do wheelies up and down the street every other week and she'll be golden.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

I would have to assume adding a bunch of oil to your gas would make it gum up quicker. But with a 4 stroke you do have parts in the top end that could dry out if you don't run it for months at a time too...

Easy fix is to just ride what you have more. Do you have something against fun?
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I don't but it seems everything else in my schedule has a no fun policy which is why I left the last sentence in as an option.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

OH GOD I CAN FEEL THE TROLLS ALREADY! SECOND TO LAST! SECOND TO LAST SENTENCE!
MXS Cares
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I would say no matter which you end up with just starting it once a month or every few weeks would help a lot. Just get it hot on the stand or ride it around for 5-10 minutes or something.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Ehh, well, that brings me to my next point. The main reason this has become a concern is I will be moving down to TN within the week and will now be about an hour or so from my bike. I hope to come up once a month and ride but I don't have high expectations on my follow through.
MXS Cares
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I was in a similar situation to you in university and I had a yz250 which treated me quite nice. I'm not sure I have much preference between two and four stroke given the situation though.