who actually races motocross as a sport not just a hobby

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
frederick
Team: Adept

Re: who actually races motocross as a sport not just a hobby

Post by frederick »

In what way would the brakes make it worse?
What would you choose- go 100/kmh into a wall or realise that you are gonna crash and brake for half a second or so and hit the wall while going 70/kmh?
TerrorTodd

Post by TerrorTodd »

DDMX, i think we had this conversation before, but whats your name? i know we have seen each other at the races, like scenic, maybe lorettas. Ive been there 3 years in a row. Oh yeah, i race seriously, Been to lorettas 3 times, two top ten finishes in the Mini O's, won local series, etc... You probably know who i am DD. I haven't raced AMA since beginning 07. Got hurt at LL qualifiers. I know i have what it takes to be successful in this sport, i just need to start working harder.

Kinda off topic, but for the Serious racers, whats your training schedule?
I do Cardio, Thirty minutes on the stationary bike, 2-3 times a week
some bowflex, mostly upper body, my legs are pretty strong.
100 push-ups every night, sometimes about 50 sit ups.
like i said, i need to get more serious. :?
chuey352

Post by chuey352 »

hey todd... dose your school have a swim team??? i joined mine and i helps sooo much with your breathing and cardio... i did a 25min moto at area330 and didnt get tired and that was only after a week of practice...other than that i run and lift on tuesdays and thursdays. its been helping but ime taking it more serious this coming year than ever and i hope to get alot better and go some Canadian nats.
Mx Simulator OG
ddmx488 wrote: Everyone poops on their keyboard and expects a great skin to pop up in photoshop.
TEAM HONDA
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Both of you, Chuey and TerrorTodd. Give me names and numbers. I'm sure I've seen one of you.
David Diehl
125B
crf250
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

frederick wrote:In what way would the brakes make it worse?
What would you choose- go 100/kmh into a wall or realise that you are gonna crash and brake for half a second or so and hit the wall while going 70/kmh?
Well if you're going at 100km/h against a wall and realize you're fucked and so, then...
Well, when they crash in speedway, well MOST of the crashes, they arent going in a straight line, so brakes wouldnt do much..
Brake wouldnt help here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAUGlRRiaHk&NR=1 :(
Nor here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoJDB8eA ... re=related :(
frederick

Post by frederick »

Thats because they were halfway airborne...
Well, when they crash in speedway, well MOST of the crashes, they arent going in a straight line, so brakes wouldnt do much..
Bullshit, if they are going towards the wall now they just lean over, if they had brakes they would be able to brake and get the speed down. (wich could help them save the turn and not go into the wall)
Brakes makes the speed get lower you cant go faster or keep the same speed by braking, so it does help .
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

frederick wrote:Thats because they were halfway airborne...
Bullshit, if they are going towards the wall now they just lean over, if they had brakes they would be able to brake and get the speed down. (wich could help them save the turn and not go into the wall)
Brakes makes the speed get lower you cant go faster or keep the same speed by braking, so it does help .
>.< they usually crash in the turns, and ....You cant really brake while turning ..? At least not when you're going that fast.. :D
frederick

Post by frederick »

You can brake in any speed... braking while turning is something that mx racers get teached not to do.
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

frederick wrote:You can brake in any speed... braking while turning is something that mx racers get teached not to do.
Yes but not while leaning like a..superbike or laying down :D
frederick

Post by frederick »

where the fuck do you get that from? Never seen rossi or hayden break while turning?
Wow this is just ridicilous... I give up
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

frederick wrote:where the fuck do you get that from? Never seen rossi or hayden break while turning?
Wow this is just ridicilous... I give up
I was just gonna do that too :( This isnt getting anywhere..so..YOU WIN :D
Im probably wrong, :( sorry :oops:
TerrorTodd

Post by TerrorTodd »

Yeah, we have a swim team, but the coach is a wierdo, and they already started.

David, im sure ive seen you, but a name doesnt' really help me. lol
Im Todd Krieg. Ive been out of racing for a while. Last time i was at scenic was the Ohio State Championships in 06? I raced 85 12-15 and Supermini, on Suzukis, number 27. Now im in 250 (MX lites) B stock and Mod, and Schoolboy, number 531, Honda 250Fs. I haven't raced the 250f yet. Have you been to Ohio International lately?
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I know I know you, i was on 85's from i think 02 to 05. I won most all the local fair races in senior, finished second behind gallo at oir, and won some other local cra and ama races. Then I moved up to big bikes doing some regional stuff here and there. Post a pic of your bike.
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

im in chile, nobody who races is here lol
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Alright terrortodd! After some intense sponsorhouse stalking..I know... I final know who you are! Wow, small world out there. Are you going to summit indoors? I'll be up there for every day of racing since I go to college not 10 minutes down the road. I might race a little bit too but it's been a while.