Downhill/Freeride thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
kreate
Team: Instinct Racing

Re: Downhill/Freeride thread

Post by kreate »

DH Simulator!!! NOT My video! http://mtbfreeride.wordpress.com/ <<<website
gomoto846
Team: GP Decals

Post by gomoto846 »

So I just sold my XC bike (finally done with that stupid sport) and want to buy a 5-6 in. travel trail bike. I'll be racing DH for my college, where the trails probably won't be that gnarly. The Specialized Enduro Comp 29er is a bike I'm looking to buy. I'd rather not get a 29er, but I can get a good deal on that bike.

Would anyone recommend that bike? Or maybe another suggestion?

Any help is appreciated.
kreate
Team: Instinct Racing

Post by kreate »

gomoto846 wrote:So I just sold my XC bike (finally done with that stupid sport) and want to buy a 5-6 in. travel trail bike. I'll be racing DH for my college, where the trails probably won't be that gnarly. The Specialized Enduro Comp 29er is a bike I'm looking to buy. I'd rather not get a 29er, but I can get a good deal on that bike.

Would anyone recommend that bike? Or maybe another suggestion?

Any help is appreciated.

I have heard only positive feedback about 29ers, They eat up rough terrain like nothing and make for a smooth ride!
gomoto846

Post by gomoto846 »

So I am really looking at the Specialized Enduro vs. the Specialized Stumpjumper EVO.. The enduro seems like it would be way more fun down, but I have heard does not climb very well, which is semi-important to me because there are no lifts or shuttles around my area.. And I have heard that the Stumpy is a great climber and pretty good on the descent.

Any suggestions?
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

Anybody know how to set up DH suspension? What sag to run, what balance you want F/R and where to start when you're setting up the shock and forks?

I just got an old specialized FSR team DH, with a fox vanilla RC and no forks, that my buddy had put fox40's on. The bike and the forks both had been owned by idiots, so pretty much every clicker and the preload at both ends were tightened or loosened off all the way.

I do all my own stuff for MX but I don't know what I'm looking for with this thing. I mean it's so incredible compared to my old hard tail GT, but it feels like it's pushing but it's still twitchy compared to a MXer, so I think I'm probably way off somewhere :oops:
jox72

Post by jox72 »

Reviving this thread with a little gif I tried to make of a crash last summer :lol:
gomoto846

Post by gomoto846 »

Fixing up a freeride area I found. Anyone live in SLO that rides MTBs?
lars@crossmag

Post by lars@crossmag »

bringing this thread back to life.. such a shame that Hafjell isn't on the UCI World Cup calendar in 2014 and probably closes its doors after this season.. I really enjoyed riding and watching the boys there back in 2012.. Here is a video of the awesome Damage Inc. crew which is mostly filmed in Europes sickest Bikepark. Has one of you guys already been there?

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/57635019[/vimeo]
lars@crossmag

Post by lars@crossmag »

well..

jox72

Post by jox72 »

Bummer! I live only 5h from Hafjell.. :/

That video is sick! But this video is just pure awesomeness from 1:05 to the end! Definitely one of my favorites of all time :D

lars@crossmag

Post by lars@crossmag »

Yeah! I basically love their style to shoot the videos.. The whole cable cam thing makes it look so good! Such a shame I won't be able to come over this year. The 20 hours drive was absolutely worth it :D Luckily we got the District Ride back this year and the Munich Mash aswell.. But no quality DH-Race at all..
gomoto846

Post by gomoto846 »

Not much of a 4X guy, but I hope this will be sick. Red Bull is definitely the biggest innovator in action sports.
"Supercross style track." "6 riders"

http://www.redbull.com/en/bike/stories/ ... -wide-open
lars@crossmag

Post by lars@crossmag »

Yeah that sounds kinda interesting! wasn't sure if I was stoked or a bit confused when I saw the list of riders to participate.. Thats a really mixed field! But it really depends on the track. If they take it serious and build it like a bmx race track which is just going downhill, my bet is on Thomas Slavik
FnF_greg
Team: Privateer

Post by FnF_greg »

This sport looks so fucking awesome ... to bad nearest tracks are really far away :(
jox72

Post by jox72 »

Ready for a summer of DH 8)

Got my new bike and painted my helmet. I am afraid that people with think that I am a pro when I ride like a goon ;)