XC mtb anyone?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
joe_389
Team: Collective Family

XC mtb anyone?

Post by joe_389 »

Hey guys, along with mx, mxsim and heeps of other hobbies i am quite serious about xc mtb. By serious i mean road training twice a week, at least 3 hours in the mtb saddle every weekend plus at leaset 2 hours on the road bike. Then there are our comps, i race at every comp that i can get to, 5 and a half hours drive to my race this weekend, just to go and punish my self in the bush for 150km's.

My bikes,
My racing bike:
2012 canondale flash 29'er,
Upgrades:
Seat-Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Saddle 2011
(everything else is stock)

My training road bike:
2011 cervello R3
No upgrades, fully stock

I will post some pics of my bike here later. I really wanted to know if anyone else rides xc mtb, and if you are are you sponsored?
Plus, it is great training for mx if you don't ride and are looking for somthing to keep you fit.
Post some pics and specs of your mtb's here
The Family:Lane 199-Alex 526-Dylan 14-Daniel 421-Brady 21 AUS
KTM880

Re: XC mtb anyone?

Post by KTM880 »

i do ride a bit of xc too bad i do it on my DH bike. But man when im not out riding mx im hittin the DH and FreeRide trails in my area. Its allot of fun and its more you than the bike whereas mx is in the middle.
My bike is a 2009 Norco Team DH yeah its old but i got it brand new this year with 2010 brakes and i put some 2010 Boxxer world cup forks on the front and i got some new grips and tyres. The rest is stock.
This is a stock pic because i cbf going and getting a pic now if u want i can have one tomorrow.

Ive ridden the thredbo downhill and also macknezie frenzy downhill at toowoomba. Ive also ridden a few times at the craziest place ever its called the outlook freeride man its crazy youtube it youll find some crazy shit. Nerang state forest has the xc stuff and man is that hard.
MX181 wrote:one of them bop it toys from when I was a child that taught young girls how not to give a hand job?
KLJ#24
Team: Privateer

Post by KLJ#24 »

I ride 3-4 four times a week and atleast 1.5 hours per ride.
I first started because i wanted to get an advantage when racing but now i'm just as addicted to it as i am to racing hehe

At the moment I have a clapped out 2008 Cube Acid. Not the best bike out there by far.
But since i'm doing it for the exersice and not racing I don't mind the weight.

But i'm looking to get a new bike once the winter is over. Probarly a 29'er I really like the ride on those.

Mods are:
183mm floating front brake disc from Hope
Specialized Riva saddle

joe_389

Post by joe_389 »

nice man, 29ers just roll over bumps like there not even there, they make so much of a difference, also a carbon frame is really nice, just that little bit more flex for those bumpy rocky tracks, especially on a hard tail.
I do like DH in fact i race a lot and was maby going to get a half sponsor of trek but i stopped riding dh so i could focus more on xc.
KTM880

Post by KTM880 »

yer i havnt started dh racing yet want to do a few races next year and see how i go if i should keep competing and whatnot oh and joe i looked at the collective website and i want ur gear so bad its sick and the bike gotta love the green and gold
MX181 wrote:one of them bop it toys from when I was a child that taught young girls how not to give a hand job?
joe_389

Post by joe_389 »

all our stuff has been released mate, some f it is in the racing section and some got released the other day in models and skins, yea good luck for next year, dh is great fun!
KTM880

Post by KTM880 »

turns out i already had the gear lol and thanks man its nearly as fun as mx... nearly