Unfinished Mx vs Atv Unleashed tracks

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Ddavis

Re: Unfinished Mx vs Atv Unleashed tracks

Post by Ddavis »

Maybe I can just keep it around 256x256 and put it in the middle of the map, that way it's not stretched out or anything.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

I've converted a few of my old mva tracks into mxsim. Upscale the disp in small increments like SMR said, and then tweak the scale right with the terrain.hf file.

You'll most likely still need to redo all the jumps and most of the bumps and berms to make it ride good.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

When I put tracks into the MXS editor they're really close together and so tall I can't even ride them. Now I understand the scaling issue Andrew originally said lol. I have a good Southwick replica I'd like to convert.
ehm24
Team: Used to be Factory

Post by ehm24 »

ehm24 wrote:http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15268
-- dude just do this :D .. and the the editor is easy as fuck, I can make realistic ass tracks.. I don't know why people make shit tracks with in-game editor, it's not even hard
Dude did you even read this?. click it
pulse

Post by pulse »

Ddavis wrote:Every time I tried converting them to the MXS editor they were reallly wide (I hate wide tracks) and really bumpy. I had to resize them to 1025x1025 from 256x256 maybe thats whhyyy
you make a blank 1025x1025 and place your track in the middle and free transform it where its 3/4 of the blank then gassion blure the track by 3 or 2. then play with the scale in the terrian.hf
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

pulse wrote:
Ddavis wrote:Every time I tried converting them to the MXS editor they were reallly wide (I hate wide tracks) and really bumpy. I had to resize them to 1025x1025 from 256x256 maybe thats whhyyy
you make a blank 1025x1025 and place your track in the middle and free transform it where its 3/4 of the blank then gassion blure the track by 3 or 2. then play with the scale in the terrian.hf
How do I scale in the terrain.hf?
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

Ddavis wrote:When I put tracks into the MXS editor they're really close together and so tall I can't even ride them. Now I understand the scaling issue Andrew originally said lol. I have a good Southwick replica I'd like to convert.
You can adjust how tall the jumps are using one of the numbers in the terrain.hf file. I think its the very last number.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Ddavis wrote:
pulse wrote:
How do I scale in the terrain.hf?
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... terrain.hf
1st post, just under the timing gates bit.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
QuAdRiDeR93
Team: Privateer

Post by QuAdRiDeR93 »

I actually play every now and then. Still some fun shit :D
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

The track at the top in the middle had some pretty sweet objects ;)
Wonder how they'd stack in MXS.
Hi
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

here's some of mine..
Shits and giggles
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Sorry for gravedigging but I have some questions... I've tried now for the last 2 days to figure out a way to convert MVA tracks on, since there was no tutorial, I've tried most of the things I've seen, but still no success... What I've been focusing on is opening PAK files, but I may be totally wrong.

I assume MVA Unleashed uses some sort of heightmap (displacement map, that's the name?), 256px or 2049 doesn't matter, smoothing isn't a problem :p Just how I can get access to these files, that is my problem... Do I somehow need to unpack the PAK files or do I to fire up the MVA editor and somehow get them from there? These aren't my own tracks but I'd really love to have them in mxs. Also, is it possible to get the decals and statues?
so summary..:

1. How do you get hight/disp map from a track. (unpack PAK, editor)
2. Can you get the decals used in the track?
3. Can you get the statues used in the track?
4. If the statues are in the "wrong" file format, can you somehow just "re-save" them as jm's? (shp file isn't needed)

Thanks for any replies, I would really love to get some good old tracks back....
MiNi

Post by MiNi »

I just got smacked with nostalgia.

Some of those look really cool. Brings back some memories and makes me miss that game. I did enjoy some of your tracks from back in the day!
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything mini says. That's where you went wrong.
KTM57 wrote:Total keyboard warrior.
cccccccc

Post by cccccccc »

Wahlamt wrote:Sorry for gravedigging but I have some questions... I've tried now for the last 2 days to figure out a way to convert MVA tracks on, since there was no tutorial, I've tried most of the things I've seen, but still no success... What I've been focusing on is opening PAK files, but I may be totally wrong.

I assume MVA Unleashed uses some sort of heightmap (displacement map, that's the name?), 256px or 2049 doesn't matter, smoothing isn't a problem :p Just how I can get access to these files, that is my problem... Do I somehow need to unpack the PAK files or do I to fire up the MVA editor and somehow get them from there? These aren't my own tracks but I'd really love to have them in mxs. Also, is it possible to get the decals and statues?
so summary..:

4. If the statues are in the "wrong" file format, can you somehow just "re-save" them as jm's? (shp file isn't needed)

Thanks for any replies, I would really love to get some good old tracks back....
Back in the day they used the "Multiex Commander" developed by Xentax (Cost $5) Then there was a plugin for the game.

It extracted the .pak into managable files, I think.

That's all I know about never bought it and haven't heard anything new since the game went under.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

cccccccc wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:Sorry for gravedigging but I have some questions... I've tried now for the last 2 days to figure out a way to convert MVA tracks on, since there was no tutorial, I've tried most of the things I've seen, but still no success... What I've been focusing on is opening PAK files, but I may be totally wrong.

so summary..:

Back in the day they used the "Multiex Commander" developed by Xentax (Cost $5) Then there was a plugin for the game.

It extracted the .pak into managable files, I think.

That's all I know about never bought it and haven't heard anything new since the game went under.
I did find this multiex commander, the only problem is that when I updated some file was missing, and the version that I actually got working, it was too old and MVA wasn't supported... I read something like it should only pack up the files online (somehow) and than download them, just that the website is down...