Starting drivers ed tomorrow, any tips?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Ih8Hondas
Team: One Man Goon Squad

Re: Starting drivers ed tomorrow, any tips?

Post by Ih8Hondas »

I didn't even know they still had driver's ed. I thought they did away with it in the 80's or something. I guess in places like around where I live, people start driving as soon as they can reach the pedals anyway so there's not really much of a need for it.

Take it in a manual and heel toe downshift every chance you get. Maybe the instructor will give you extra credit.
That guy on the two stroke
Ih8Hondas

Post by Ih8Hondas »

Don't do left foot braking though. That is generally frowned upon for use on public roads.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Seriously, get the list of things they look for, like complete stops, stopping at stop lines and stay right at the speed limit. Always signal your intentions and check your mirrors alot. They are impressed by granny driving.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

Ih8Hondas wrote:I didn't even know they still had driver's ed. I thought they did away with it in the 80's or something. I guess in places like around where I live, people start driving as soon as they can reach the pedals anyway so there's not really much of a need for it.

Take it in a manual and heel toe downshift every chance you get. Maybe the instructor will give you extra credit.
Some states offer drivers ed and if you take it you get a break on insurance. It's not offered in school. Or at least here in KY it's not.
pulse

Post by pulse »

Foot to the floor!
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Do this

Ih8Hondas

Post by Ih8Hondas »

VMX_SKYmx99 wrote:
Ih8Hondas wrote:I didn't even know they still had driver's ed. I thought they did away with it in the 80's or something. I guess in places like around where I live, people start driving as soon as they can reach the pedals anyway so there's not really much of a need for it.

Some states offer drivers ed and if you take it you get a break on insurance. It's not offered in school. Or at least here in KY it's not.
I just had to watch a video on defensive driving from the insurance company and make a log of like, 15 trips I took to get the discount. I could easily have falsified everything, left the vid in the case, and still gotten it. It's a total joke.
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

haha I know man. I did the drtivers ed thing when I was 16. We had to watch these god awful drunk driving videos and do some useless workbook. It was worse than sexual harassment awareness training at work. lol
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

Pedestrians =10 points, Let r' eat on backroads.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Seriously, get the list of things they look for, like complete stops, stopping at stop lines and stay right at the speed limit. Always signal your intentions and check your mirrors alot. They are impressed by granny driving.
The lady I was with said I was too slow when I was switching lanes :lol:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Gideon#67
Team: Privateer

Post by Gideon#67 »

VMX_SKYmx99 wrote:

My insurance company sucks, i tried to get a discount after i finished my EVOC training and they said no....
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.
Roxzen1

Post by Roxzen1 »

VMX_SKYmx99 wrote:Stay Awake....
I slept the whole time and passed.