GP Bikes goes Beta, playable demo.

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
rafagas

Re: GP Bikes goes Beta, playable demo.

Post by rafagas »

Wow! This game brings me back old memories! I have exactly the same feeling as when I started playing MXS. haha

I can barely exit the pit lane without crashing but I love it. I'll have to look for another program to execute my PS3 controler because right now, L2 and R2 buttons aren't working as analog trigger buttons and I can't find a good configuration for the controler
Baboobeats
Team: MXSP

Post by Baboobeats »

i love this! reminds me like rafagas said, good ol mx simulator! cant wait to go online with this, gonna be so got damn sick. also love that you can do gestures :D
DJD

Post by DJD »

I couldnt make it 20 feet. :lol:
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Same, I kept killing the motor I guess.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

1.44.5 is my best
Pumaxcs wrote:Easy as juan too tree.
Ih8Hondas
Team: One Man Goon Squad

Post by Ih8Hondas »

I can't get the joysticks or triggers on the my 360 controller to work in the demo. Using digital pad, a, x, and y is proving extremely difficult.
That guy on the two stroke
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

1:42 here. Seen 1:38/37 on YouTube though
Game has potential, but develops slow,it will become more and more outdated.
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

You really have to fan the clutch over and over again to get that close-ratio gearbox off the start. I still havent looked at my times, not proud enough yet. I'm gonna buy it soon.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Be way more fun if I could use controller. With my 360 controller the triggers or the joysticks wont work.
Baboobeats
Team: MXSP

Post by Baboobeats »

dylan22 wrote:Be way more fun if I could use controller. With my 360 controller the triggers or the joysticks wont work.
you have to check one of the boxes to make it work.
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

when setting up your controls there is a configure button up top left go to that and click it. then press all your button, triggers, analogs etc.. so its recognises them......
and all should be good.
Ih8Hondas
Team: One Man Goon Squad

Post by Ih8Hondas »

Mikeyyart10 wrote:when setting up your controls there is a configure button up top left go to that and click it. then press all your button, triggers, analogs etc.. so its recognises them......
and all should be good.
Thanks. I feel retarded now. Finally got a lap in. 2:07 with two crashes.
That guy on the two stroke
soc_monki
Team: JDR JStar Motors

Post by soc_monki »

i forgot my fastest lap...1:40 something...:46 maybe. i downloaded Valencia and have gotten a 1:49 there. much more fun track! anyway...heres how im doing it.

i let the game control leaning, front brake on left trigger, throttle on right, shift with X and A. Clutch on right analog stick (Up), rear brake Down. on the 125 and 500 you really have to use the clutch off the start. otherwise, youll have a hard time even getting going. after that, i used the clutch aid to shift. its awesome fun braking hard and getting the rear end skating around. smoothly engage the brakes and you can really bury the front end and stop quickly. if you jump on the brakes hard youll either wash the front or endo. doing stoppies is really neat. if i accidentally downshift too fast or find the rear skating too much i just disengage the clutch a bit and let the bike sort itself out (hmmm kinda like real life). i imagine with some practice, this can lead to some pretty awesome back-ins!

i suck with the 500 and 990, i just have too much fun trying to carry a wheelie and miss braking points. the 125 is a blast...you can full throttle out of every corner and as long as you get the bike pretty straight up before hitting any bumps youre golden.

i remember a while back that it seemed development completely stopped on this game. and the last beta (beta 0, which was only for forum members but you could DL it if you looked hard enough!) wasnt all that. this one however is pretty amazing. still needs tweaking, and Piboso knows that. crashes way too easily when coming down from a wheelie, way too much grip when leaned over (you can use quite a bit too much front brake), and it might be the tracks but, if youre not super careful even the tiniest of bumps can send you flying no matter what. no matter, the game is great. it feels awesome, real riding techniques work, and as i said before, getting the rear end to hop around a little under braking is fantastic. why cant a commercial studio get this kind of quality in the physics department? oh wait...i forgot. they have to give it mass appeal.

cant wait for the next beta. hopefully well get some 250 2 strokes and maybe Moto2 600cc bikes soon. i would love to ride a Moto2, seein as i have a 600cc SS bike myself.
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

agree with everything you said.
i seems with the 125 exiting corner if you catch a bump its just throws you into a massive tank slapper that might be what you were getting at when you say its very easy to just crash with no real reason to it. i get that some times but apart from that the game feels very good like you said applying real riding techniques make the game feel very rewarding.

my controller setup is
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

sorry connection probs any my set up is.

right trigger - throttle
left trigger - front brake
x - shift down
b - shift up
a - clutch
left bumper - rear brake
left analog - turn l/r and lean f/b
auto lean l/r
the direct lean setting seem a bit weird when its turned off it does do what it should so i have it on so it plays like mva games and motogp/sbk games were you have to keep turn it instead of what happens on mx sim where as long as the throttle is'nt on it will hold the amount of lean you apply as a real bike.

no bike set up leaving that until i buy the game then i'll try some set ups and see how it goes.

the press senstivity is on but i adjusted them all to 0. i can't seem to tell any diffrence with the setting apart from the bike/rider feel a bit more stable with the setting at 100 which i guess is correct.

did a 1.58 in the rain which could easily be improved but seems hard to tell were the limit is so just taking it easy.