GP Bikes goes Beta, playable demo.

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

GP Bikes goes Beta, playable demo.

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

GP Bikes goes from alpha to beta. I think Phat will like this build's realistic physics. PiBoSo is a one-man team like JLV. Click here...http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
dylan22

Re: GP Bikes goes Beta, playable demo.

Post by dylan22 »

Anyone played this yet?
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Looks promising.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Now if only I could find my receipt for this game...
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Was better than what I was expecting to be honest. I just didn't like how the HUD only showed while in 3rd person (only thing I wanted to use the HUD for was the gear indicator). The guages could at least show what gear you're in. Also wish the lap time on the bike's guages would show the last lap time for about 5 seconds, then show the best lap again.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Forgot to ask what everyone's fastest lap is so far on the demo? My lowest is a 2:00.8.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Ya, forgot to look. Plus, was only getting crash-free laps near the end of the night. I'll get back to ya on that one.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Are you using separate buttons for lean and lean l/r? I'm not using the lean l/r at all and it feels fine, I turned off all the aides too.
motoxlova#1
Team: Free lancer

Post by motoxlova#1 »

I must say,
Big companies really could learn something from the one man teams. For anyone wondering, the demo is worth the download.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Logging into my old email to get the activation key is proving to be quite the challenge. :evil:
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

Played it today, manage a 1:46 still not used to braking hard and controling the rider while leanned.
Overall I like it but the lean foward animation/transition kinda hurts my eyes
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

my rider won't lean the bike i have the rider controls setup and my xbox controller config'd

would someone be able to tell me there input set up so i cna atleast get round the corners.
Pumaxcs wrote:Easy as juan too tree.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Did you turn the lean aids off?
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

no worries sorted it.
games ok its got great potential but the instability when moving away from stand still is really anoying me.

trying to clutchless gear change aswell is painful.

with the 125 you barely have to brake through the first sector until you get to the hairpin then i struggle with the rider stability under braking.
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

ok starting to gel with the game just my shit laptop and bad frame rates that ruining this game but apart from that i can't complain i'll be buying this very soon once i get a new computer.

my best lap is a 1.53 with a crash at MG thinking a low 140 for me would be great getting to that is going to be hard.
for anyone intrested i run all aids off apart from auto lean r/l as its just too much to do with manual gears and other things.
also auto clutch. clutch is pointless on gamepads never has the same feel as a real bike.
out of intrest what do you guys do when it comes to press and release setting as thats a bit confusing for me as i just set them to the smooth setting which give me a nice feel.