Your worst dirtbiking injury?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
HeijneMX57

Re: Your worst dirtbiking injury?

Post by HeijneMX57 »

I think that was at a RedBull talent riding day. Track was sooooooo wet, like quicksand. I crashed in a little chicane, yes I crossrutted and tried to break my fall. Landed my left hand on something, still not sure what it was. My hand was literally next to my arm, the bones in my wrist moved about 5 centimeters to the left. My fingers immediately started to swell and turned blue/purple. They had to put me in sleep and they needed 2 grown men to put my hand in 1 line with my arm. Well when that was done the second night back home my hand 'popped off' again, so they had to rebreak it to put it in place again. Same thing happened again and that was the time they've decided to cut my wrist open and screw some plates in.

Oh and I also have one gigantic steel plate on my right collarbone, I'll upload a pic this day from the scar, it's pretty huge.
supercross711

Post by supercross711 »

Stormz won.

--End Thread
P2sta wrote:Read it again, you are going full are going full 'meurican here.
Halvorson

Post by Halvorson »

Freshman year I decided it would be a good idea to take my dads trail bike and go mob on the pitbike track I build in a big field kinda by our house. I put on my trusty basketball shorts and tennis shoes(without socks) and took off. I was probably going about 40 down a straight away when I got crazy headshake and flew off the bike. I ended up having to walk back about 2 miles to someones house with a severe concussion, broken tailbone, broken hand, and cracked pelvis, plus road rash over about half of my body. The broken bones weren't too bad but the road rash was the worst pain I've ever experienced. They put these mesh sheets over it and then peeled them off everyday which ripped my scabs open. It wasn't too fun. I had to go to the hospital once a day for about 10 days to get all of it cleaned out.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Wait, so the broken tailbone wasn't bad? I think I bruised mine once (bruised or fractured if you can do that, never got it looked at) and it KILLED. I think I could sit down but if I did in the wrong spot it would surge with pain that lasted like 15 seconds then slowly die down. I was riding my bmx with my friends on this driveway that was a hill, we found a frisbee and were locking the rear brakes on it and sliding down, the rear wheel slid out from under me and landed right on it.

Not my worst injury, but it hurt, re-hurt it when I was sitting on a trailer tongue and fell backwards off it...
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Halvorson

Post by Halvorson »

My tailbone actually bugged me quite a bit. It still hasn't fully healed after 2 years.
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Post by JConley691 »

Figured I'd contribute... Probably the worst injury I've had racing was a practice session for our state series. I was on 50's at the time, and just coming into my own. I'd actually show up at the track and people knew my number! (not cool enough to be adressed by name though, however, I was just "that 91 kid.") Anyway, there was a double-double section, and nobody on mini-bikes was doing the second double, because there was an immediate 180 turn right after it. I decided to wait for everyone to go past so I was the last one on the track, and I sent it off that second double. It probably looked like nothing, but it felt pretty damn high at the time. I even had a chance to look down, as I went clear over the double and proceeding turn, at pack of minibike dads scrambling out of the way to not be pile-drived by me. (I even remember one Dad not getting out of the way, just staring, like what they do in the movies, and another dad grabbed his shirt and pulled him out of the way.) I didn't fall, but I landed to flat sitting down, and that really messed up my back. I still have little episodes here and there where my back just doesn't want to play nice and I have to pull off the track :/ They're few and far between, though.

/endstory
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Post by JConley691 »

Figured I'd contribute... Probably the worst injury I've had racing was a practice session for our state series. I was on 50's at the time, and just coming into my own. I'd actually show up at the track and people knew my number! (not cool enough to be adressed by name though, however, I was just "that 91 kid.") Anyway, there was a double-double section, and nobody on mini-bikes was doing the second double, because there was an immediate 180 turn right after it. I decided to wait for everyone to go past so I was the last one on the track, and I sent it off that second double. It probably looked like nothing, but it felt pretty damn high at the time. I even had a chance to look down, as I went clear over the double and proceeding turn, at pack of minibike dads scrambling out of the way to not be pile-drived by me. (I even remember one Dad not getting out of the way, just staring, like what they do in the movies, and another dad grabbed his shirt and pulled him out of the way.) I didn't fall, but I landed to flat sitting down, and that really messed up my back. I still have little episodes here and there where my back just doesn't want to play nice and I have to pull off the track :/ They're few and far between, though.

/endstory
ABRacing18
Team: 888888888888

Post by ABRacing18 »

One time I broke my confidence, it was a pretty bad break. Had like 8 surgeries on it, horrible experience .

Other than that nightmare, just a large break in my elbow.
Aaron Boulger #116
Career Accomplishments:
Ate 3 tacos simultaneously
Almost won a race on 07
Made a successful batch of mac n cheese
jlv wrote:
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
WTF!!!! I barely touched him!!!
Fransoo773

Post by Fransoo773 »

I didn't know surgery helped broken confidence?
Ben Fransoo, OG.
Chancellorsville
Team: Terralite Studios

Post by Chancellorsville »

Where can I sign up for this procedure?

#wimp
ABRacing18
Team: 888888888888

Post by ABRacing18 »

Chancellorsville wrote:Where can I sign up for this procedure?

#wimp
Just ask James Stewart.
Aaron Boulger #116
Career Accomplishments:
Ate 3 tacos simultaneously
Almost won a race on 07
Made a successful batch of mac n cheese
jlv wrote:
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
WTF!!!! I barely touched him!!!
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

i just had to add my story here... :mrgreen: :D
probably my worst crash yet, broke my arm in the last race of the season 2008, the nerv got squeezed where the bone broke -.- couldnt move my hand up for 7 months :(

and ofc i ruptured my crucial ligaments in 2010...
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
MXONLINE_GEICO

Post by MXONLINE_GEICO »

never wheelie after a moto boys .... :( broken in 7 pieces twisted 170° 1 year recovery (just got back on the bike 2 weeks ago)

sorry for huge pics
Yamahaulin
Team: TBR

Post by Yamahaulin »

2017 Sim Cup Champion | 2014 East Coast Supercross Champion | 2013 MEC Champion | 2013 250 MX Outdoor Champion | 2013 Grand National Champion | 2013 250 West Coast Supercross Champion
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

Well I stubbed my toe once.. That was a real doozy..