Political Debate Thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Political Debate Thread

Post by jlv »

m121c wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:16 pm You are right, it should not be in the governments power to enforce Twitters TOS fairly. However, I think what I am seeing as a good solution is to revoke their protections and allow the people to demand they apply it equally. Twitter has nothing to worry about if they just stick to their "platforms" core message, outline a detailed TOS, and enforce it fairly. There will be no reason for them to lose that protection. However, I feel if they keep acting more like a publisher with the message of a platform, and not just a platform, they should be held liable like a publisher would. Although Trump is at the center, this is not just Trump being censored. Many conservative publications and media sources that are not loony Trumpers have been fighting this since 2016.

If you think social media is really just a website like any other with no real need to keep a close eye on.. I would recommend the documentary on Netflix about it.
The publisher/platform distinction isn't a real thing legally.
m121c wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:16 pm The main way people were able to see Trump's character problem was through his Twitter. You censor that... you think he has a second term? Maybe Twitter not censoring him has it's upside. Crazy ideas are not crazy in darkness... it is not until we can see them can we acknowledge how crazy they really are. What we are seeing though, is the non-crazy is tactilely being labelled as crazy by the left as a political tool, and the social media giants are on board with silencing it. More ideas the better, that one solid measure of what is radical and what is not, is if you have dissenting ideas to use as a scale of comparison. One voice as truth, aka these social media giants and "news" media (those in which they like anyway), leads to possibility of "hidden" radicalism. I think that's really bad. You would be very mistaken to believe that these mega corporations ever want a conservative president, and that they won't do everything in their power and influence to prevent it.
If there was some way to keep him from communicating with the public aside from scripted speeches I bet he would have won easily. Think of all the own-goals that would have been prevented. Not sure it would be a good thing since it'd just be masking the crazy, but it would have been great for his reelection chances.
m121c wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:16 pm Absolutely not. I said it from the beginning, my argument on the election was never for Trump to overturn it and win. That's not what I wanted, nor what even the Republican's like Cruz wanted, even though that is the narrative. I honestly believe we have no real I idea where the truth is. I think an independent and thorough investigation was necessary and the let the cards fall where they may. Too late.
The thing is they did a thorough investigation in Georgia and no one cared. It was clear the only audit that would be acceptable was one that put Trump ahead. That's why the vote objection thing was insane. It would have effectively made Trump president for life. That the republicans in congress went along with it is a deal breaker for me.

The quest for eliminating all fraudulent votes is basically picking up pennies in front of a steamroller. If you eliminate all bad votes you might gain .1% at the most. Now that the fraud circus sacked the capitol the republicans have probably lost 10% of their voters. I'm a lifelong republican voter and *I* couldn't vote for them in their current state. All over fraudulent votes that are barely more than a rounding error.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I'd love to hear how it's all the liberals fault we need such unprecedented security for inauguration day. I'm really glad he's really going to be impeached with results. Good riddance to bad trash. See ya!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

Hope yall dressed warm today. We're gonna be minus 45. :twisted:
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Seems like an alright dude tbh

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I get that Trump was uniquely horrible but the MSM should be ashamed of themselves for doing puff pieces like that.

Did you guys hear about Trump starting the "Patriot Party"? I know it's his way of destroying the republican party but I actually welcome it. Maybe he'll take out the trash for us. I hope everyone who objected to the electoral count switches parties. Of course, he didn't check the trademark first so the name is already taken. Basic competence is not how Trump rolls!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
hvpmvp

Post by hvpmvp »

jlv wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:54 amMaybe he'll take out the trash for us.
I think it's more likely that it'd split the GOP into two separate groups that don't have the numbers to beat democrats individually. I could be wrong though.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

2 party system is fucked anyway. No one votes on the candidate anymore, just the color.

The Libertarian Party aligns with my views the most, but it's hard to be able to vote for a presidential candidate when shit like this happens...
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
TeamHavocRacing

All true. I've never felt better about getting back to good old slimy politics. Joe might bend some ears. I already hear liberals whining that he is already back to same ol' politics. Good. He knows the art of the deal.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Gotta love seeing all the dem elites soak up their hypocrisy embracing and hugging at the inauguration. Remember, they dont want your local hair salons open unless Pelosi is in town! If you opened your small business or wanted your child to be in school you were a grandparent killer.

“This is going to be the administration that brings truth, dignity, and unity back”.... lol.

I hope we as a country succeed, and the policy that Biden enacts will work out for us. I don’t think it will.. I strongly disagree with a lot of it, but I hope Im wrong.
TeamHavocRacing

ZERO vaccine rollout plan by Trump. Not surprised. It wasn't just grandparents deaths he was responsible for.
m121c

Post by m121c »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:41 pm ZERO vaccine rollout plan by Trump. Not surprised. It wasn't just grandparents deaths he was responsible for.
You mean he is responsible for the Michigan governor's decisions detouring the legislature and clearing medically stable COVID patients to go back into nursing homes? Cuomo has no responsibility either? Interesting take...

Oh the journalisming CNN is doing with their "sources"... how narrow minded you would have to be to take it as fact.

Two Covid-19 vaccines were approved for use in the United States before Trump left office. According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, around 16.5 million vaccine doses had been administered as of January 20 -- far short of the last administration's goal of administering 20 million vaccine doses by the end of 2020 - CNN

Yup 86% of the goal is far short. Remind me how critical the media and politicians were of actually even having a vaccine close to being done by this time?

Biden has made clear that slowing down the spread of Covid-19 and getting 100 million vaccine shots into Americans' arms in his first 100 days in office are of utmost priority - CNN

Soooo.... like what we are already approaching? 100 million in 100 hundred days is 1 million per day.. I know numbers are hard, but we have been in the range of 500,000 to 1.13 million since the start of 2021, with just yesterday being reported 800,000. This is significantly better than any other country in the world, which we are higher than in total doses and new daily doses. per - https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

It's Biden's plan though. :lol: You are going to have to step your game up.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Monday, January 23, 2017
7:30am - In-House Travel Pool Call Time
8:00am - The President hosts breakfast and listening session with key business leaders - 9:30am
9:30am - The President signs Executive Orders
10:00 am - The President participates in the President’s Daily Briefing
11:00pm - The President has lunch with the Vice President
12:30pm - Press Briefing with Press Secretary Sean Spicer
2:00pm - The President holds a listening session with Union Leaders and American Workers
4:00pm- The President hosts Bicameral Leadership Reception
5:00 pm - The President meets with House Speaker Paul Ryan

Thursday, January 21, 2021
9:00am - In-Town Pool Call Time
10:00am - The President, THE FIRST LADY, THE VICE PRESIDENT, and THE SECOND GENTLEMAN watch the Virtual Presidential Inaugural Prayer Service
12:45pm - The President and THE VICE PRESIDENT receive the President’s Daily Brief
2:00pm - The President delivers remarks on his administration’s COVID-19 response, and signs executive orders and other presidential actions; THE VICE PRESIDENT also attends (gather time 1:40 pm – brady press briefing room) (Gather Time 1:40 PM – Brady Press Briefing Room)
2:25pm - The President and THE VICE PRESIDENT receive a briefing from members of their COVID-19 team
4:00pm - Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki

9-4 on the first day, not bad. :lol:
TeamHavocRacing

Keep cutting and pasting your numbers. They're so believable and accurate, as they've always been.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Lol, you are a funny character. Care to comment about any of the left wing insurrection in your own state last night? I'm hoping you know about it... it's not really covered heavily on the MSM today.

In more COVID News.... WHO is now issuing stricter guidelines for determining positive COVID cases. Any surprise it's day 1 of a new administration? Coincidence? Should we cue the media hysteria over how this administration is making it harder to track and not reporting real numbers? Nonsense.. we will get CNN all googly eyed over some fireworks.

https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-202 ... rs-2020-05
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

m121c wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:20 pm
TeamHavocRacing wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:41 pm ZERO vaccine rollout plan by Trump. Not surprised. It wasn't just grandparents deaths he was responsible for.
You mean he is responsible for the Michigan governor's decisions detouring the legislature and clearing medically stable COVID patients to go back into nursing homes? Cuomo has no responsibility either? Interesting take...

Oh the journalisming CNN is doing with their "sources"... how narrow minded you would have to be to take it as fact.

Two Covid-19 vaccines were approved for use in the United States before Trump left office. According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, around 16.5 million vaccine doses had been administered as of January 20 -- far short of the last administration's goal of administering 20 million vaccine doses by the end of 2020 - CNN

Yup 86% of the goal is far short. Remind me how critical the media and politicians were of actually even having a vaccine close to being done by this time?

Biden has made clear that slowing down the spread of Covid-19 and getting 100 million vaccine shots into Americans' arms in his first 100 days in office are of utmost priority - CNN

Soooo.... like what we are already approaching? 100 million in 100 hundred days is 1 million per day.. I know numbers are hard, but we have been in the range of 500,000 to 1.13 million since the start of 2021, with just yesterday being reported 800,000. This is significantly better than any other country in the world, which we are higher than in total doses and new daily doses. per - https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

It's Biden's plan though. :lol: You are going to have to step your game up.
Its painful to come on the forums and see the most active is this thread and not one being made for SX '21 after two rounds are done.

So, by your quote they gave him an extra 20 days because the goal was by 2020, their number was 1/20/21. Also by your count of doses administered let's say we give the lower and averaged 500k from Jan 1-20. That gives us 10mil given, of the 16.5. If his set goal was to reach 20mil by the end of 2020 and his actual count was only 6.5mil then his goal is closer to 32.5% reached.
Yes, it's impressive that we have a vaccine to even begin taking a year after but officials were critical of that because this type of work hadn't been done before so they were setting expectations. They weren't being critical to bring down politician's approval ratings. The politicians are plenty good at doing that on their own.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.