LEATT

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Jake_413

LEATT

Post by Jake_413 »

soo basicly leatt just literlly saved my life..

has it ever happened to you??

could be some interesting stories on here!
FMXIAN wrote:DJ I Swear If You Were My Dog I Would Put You Down
HA^

eSAyeM
Team: Privateer

Re: LEATT

Post by eSAyeM »

Haha what happened?
GILES RACING
Jake - eSAyeM - Marlon - Guilherme - Sheza - Jay - Tony
screw persian
brent26
Team: OverTheEdge

Post by brent26 »

Haha? Sam, Really nice thing to say..
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

mine has helped me a few times for sure
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Mine has never saved my life, and I'm not so sure I'm a firm believer in what the leatt does. But with that said, I wear one.
ShowtimeMx

Post by ShowtimeMx »

ddmx wrote:Mine has never saved my life, and I'm not so sure I'm a firm believer in what the leatt does. But with that said, I wear one.
Im with ddmx on this one, I bought one last year and started to wear one but couldnt get past the awkward feeling while wearing one, and then to top it off I have done a lot of reading on them and it appears that they turn you into a human dart. basically if your gonna take a spill most people's reaction is to try to roll or position themselves in a way that it doesnt hurt as bad, but with the leatte on you cant tuck and roll only go straight into the ground or next jump or landing. I also think it is kind of interesting that suppossedly the guy that started the leatte jumped ship on the leatte and started that other brace.
"this community has more little kids than michael jacksons neverland ranch on easter" -ddmx
Atown_Ottowa

Post by Atown_Ottowa »

Leatt has broke my collarbone twice.. still wear it though :)
Garasaki wrote: So, look there, Jones provided useful feedback!!
Tyler 258
Team: Privateer

Post by Tyler 258 »

I used a leatt and now i am running the A-Stars Bionic. Last year at the Tomahawk LLQ I took a swapped and took a digger head first into the ground and when I got up i was landed on. I think my Bionic saved me, the first thing the medics wanted to check was my neck. They said it looked bad and i walked away with a dislocated shoulder, a head ache, and a stiff neck. Needless to say I belive it helped. But now i am buying a new Leatt brace, they are much better quality than the astars brace IMO.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Looks like Leatt is really good thing.I saw few videos of crashes where leatt saves riders life for sure.I dont have it tought,its really expensive here.
But why bubba isnt wearing it? Looks like almost every other pro has it.Maybe its isnt comfortable like other guys said for him?
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

look at Stewart his body. He's just one big muscle. That's why he can crash so much without hurting him. So I think that a LEATT in his case would be silly.
But a LEATT is not always needed for saftey. It has an other option to.
you can put water in it. Verry handy for temperature's around the 30°C.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
jesplind

Post by jesplind »

I've heard guys talk about that USWE (Swedish Company :lol:) product and it's hard to actually drink from it. It does just give you a moisty or wet mouth.
Jonathan
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VWK

Post by Jonathan »

its not a part of the leat, its just a waterbag on your back.
Buttscratcher?
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

It's atached to the leatt.
And indeed, probarly you only can drink from it in an big air jump (when you have time). But it's handy to clean your mouth from dust.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

i remember when they first came out, no one could get leatts for like 3 months plus. i happened drove out to cali from az at 3 am to go ride glen helen with my buddy for the day and came home. we just happen to run into BB and his mom and needless to say we came home with the first sets of leatts in az that i saw.

i do and dont think they work, i ended up selling mine to a friend just because i have a plate in a collarbone and i honestly felt if i fell over and crashed decently the force would def break my collarbone again (but shatter it because of the plate and screws)

Yes leatts will prevent ur neck but most of the time u do break collarbones because of the force where it sits. If its meant to be, its meant to be i look at it. i personally dont run a neckbrace anymore.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
chez

Post by chez »

Alpinestar BNS all the way protects the neck and wont break your collarbone in a crash.
KTM