Point of existence

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Re: Point of existence

Post by Shadow »

Wow, I'm impressed. A thread about religion in the internet that hasn't turned into a flame war. And in mxsim forum of all places!!

dearnhardtfan7 wrote:Can you prove that God doesn't exist? Christians are constantly getting flamed for "shoving their beliefs down people's throats" but the same can be said for all beliefs and this quote proves that.

Peronally I don't see the problem in believing in God and Heaven and hell. What does it hurt? If I go through my whole life trying to be the best person that I can because I believe that my actions will have consequences after I'm dead, what does that hurt? If I do my best to not lie, cheat, steal, kill, because I believe God doesn't want me to, what does that hurt? If you go through life denouncing God, only to find out after you die that he is real, then you have problems. If I go through life believing God does exist and trying to live my life like he calls out, then find out he doesn't exist, what happens? I rot in the dirt I guess. There are no consequences for believing in God and finding out he doesn't exist after I die.

One little statistic I would like to share. As of 2005, 16% of the world's population classified themselves as non-religious. That leaves 84% that believe in some sort of God.
No, one can't prove that there isn't a god but neither can anyone prove that there is a god. Well, short of said god coming down here in person and revealing its existence.

The problem with believing in a god comes because people tend to define themselves through their faith. When that happens every criticism and questioning towards their faith is taken as questioning their very identity and a personal insult which easily leads into violence. Plus religious people tend to have the reputation of trying to force their world view to others and completely disregarding there are other ways to live one's life. And lastly, the whole bit with every organised religion abusing its power and causing untold suffering around the world through the whole of human history.

Statistics are just that, statistics. Just because the majority of people believe in something or have the same opinion, does not make it the right one. Few hundred years ago everyone "knew" the earth was flat, but that still doesn't turn our planet into a pancake.
motoxlova#1 wrote:Evolution is nothing more than a theory. Anyway, We're here now. How we got here, How many licks does it take to the center of a tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? The world may never know.
Sigh.. Pretty much every single thing in science is a theory. Newton's theory of gravitation is also "just" a theory, therefore the existence of gravity must be just a thing some dude made up, right? :wink: It is up to the evidence collected from our observations of the real world to decide whether a theory accurately describes the events it should. There's compounding amount of evidence supporting the theory of evolution that it can be considered a fact.

I recommend anyone to watch Richard dawkins' "The god delusion" and "The virus of faith"

On a side note, Anton LaVey's satanism is one of the better religions imo.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

lluks252 wrote:Mikey, Zeitgeist is great!! I watched that over 3 years ago. Check out a video called in plane sight (About 9/11) and a video called Esoteric Agenda. Also, Chris (dearnhardtfan7) and I were talking one night and came upon the subject of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjjIy1DO0gs (part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9N_Xjhb2xI (part 2)
i have seen these, lol everytime i have been there now i search for some of that shit, never seen it though
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

adhkcrfhonda wrote:
lluks252 wrote:Mikey, Zeitgeist is great!! I watched that over 3 years ago. Check out a video called in plane sight (About 9/11) and a video called Esoteric Agenda. Also, Chris (dearnhardtfan7) and I were talking one night and came upon the subject of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjjIy1DO0gs (part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9N_Xjhb2xI (part 2)
i have seen these, lol everytime i have been there now i search for some of that shit, never seen it though
Yeah ive been there twice but i didnt see any murals at all but i wasn't looking. but after that video it must be one fucked up airport lol.

And llukes yeah they have got some real good shit, ove got "the movie" and "addendum" there brilliant.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Travis107
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Travis107 »

Well, went to the doctors today.. I have anxiety. Fucking great.