Point of existence

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
DJ99X

Re: Point of existence

Post by DJ99X »

Jack: Get off the pot. Get some help. Good luck
Jake_413

Post by Jake_413 »

i thought it was a joke like topic for people to talk about life and this nigga right heeeeeree tryna kill himself..

jack think of this you say its over and all but just do this for me. tell me everything ylou have ever wanted to do / things you would like to?? this my friend is the point in life.
FMXIAN wrote:DJ I Swear If You Were My Dog I Would Put You Down
HA^

WhMx179
Team: Privateer

Post by WhMx179 »

DJ wrote:Jack: Get off the pot. Get some help. Good luck
x2
Red619 wrote:Dont listen to whmx, If you want a new friend and really need to talk to someone send me a PM even though you dont know me sounds like you could use some other person thoughts on life.
aww arent you nice
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Dude, you post a question about the meaning of life here in mxsim forums, where people argue over the most insignificant things 'till their heads explode and expect an answer other than insults or ridicule? Come on, you should know better.

Life has no meaning. There is no god, no "Great plan", no destiny or fate, nothing special meaning in the events of anyone's life. It's only an endless repetition of cause and effect. So what's the point then, right? If life has no meaning then why exist at all?
Ah, but that's the beauty of it. Because life has no preordained meaning, you are free to build your own meaning for your life. Whatever it may be.

Start asking yourself questions why you're doing what you are doing. Do you do something, because of certain social expectations, peer pressure or because you truly want to do it? What makes YOU happy? Do not try to avoid the hard or hurtful questions in your life. No matter how bad it starts to make you feel at first, find the answers to those questions.

Read books, watch movies that have a bit more meaningful themes than boobs and explosions.

Remind yourself that you will not live forever. Some day, you WILL die. And you won't go to heaven or hell. You will simply cease to exist. Becoming nothing.
You're here only once, so make the most out of it.

“There are so many hammocks to catch you if you fall, so many laws to keep you from experience. All these cities I have been in the last few weeks make me fully understand the cozy, stifling state in which most people pass through life. I don't want to pass through life like a smooth plane ride. All you do is get to breathe and copulate and finally die. I don't want to go with the smooth skin and the calm brow. I hope I end up a blithering idiot cursing the sun - hallucinating, screaming, giving obscene and inane lectures on street corners and public parks. People will walk by and say, "Look at that drooling idiot. What a basket case." I will turn and say to them "It is you who are the basket case. For every moment you hated your job, cursed your wife and sold yourself to a dream that you didn't even conceive. For the times your soul screamed yes and you said no. For all of that. For your self-torture, I see the glowing eyes of the sun! The air talks to me! I am at all times!" And maybe, the passersby will drop a coin into my cup.”
- Henry Rollins

Here's my take on it, at least.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
borderpatrol199

Post by borderpatrol199 »

Your a freaking genius. I totally agree 110% with that. ^^^
jesplind

Post by jesplind »

It's actually a really good questions, were no one know the answer. People has always thought about this, thats why there exist religions. Budda, the creator of Buddhism thought there was some thing you needed to do in life then you're ready to die. The meaning of life is to die pretty much, according to him. How many religions, relgious groups exist in world? Alot :lol: And everyone who belives in any of them probably think thats the meaning of life as there trust says.

You know, thinking to much can make you mentally sick, becouse there is so many thing without an answer. what's the size of space? It can not just end, there got to be and continuation. So in life?. We would love to know those answers... but maybe we shouldn't? We want answer, We want to learn more.

I'm hungry, let's find something to eat :lol:
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

Motocross, food, girls, beer
In that order
Atown_Ottowa

Post by Atown_Ottowa »

Well my parents sold my bike too help pay for my sisters wedding. I mean I had done that EVERY weekend for the last 6 years..thats like telling..for example my sister can't be married to her husband. Everything just feels empty now, im trying to fill that hole that they took away with stupid shit. Blahhhhhhh
Garasaki wrote: So, look there, Jones provided useful feedback!!
sweden
Team: JPR

Post by sweden »

do like i did if you feel bad and wonna feel better,

watching fart movies (its makes me laugh pretty hard somethimes) , go out and build something funny , like a gocart maybe why not tune the hell out of a moped? and if you have a farm you can start to build a motocross track untill youre getting a new bike
mxbiker

Post by mxbiker »

Atown_Ottowa wrote:Well my parents sold my bike too help pay for my sisters wedding. I mean I had done that EVERY weekend for the last 6 years..thats like telling..for example my sister can't be married to her husband. Everything just feels empty now, im trying to fill that hole that they took away with stupid shit. Blahhhhhhh
youre the only one i know were i can share the same feeling with, only my dad didnt sold my bike for a wedding but we dont have the money to ride anymore
Proud MXS member since 2008
Still a MXS 125CC rider!
2011 SMA nationals championships leader
5th at the GP replica series 2011
3th overall with team Holland at the MXSON 2010
Jake_413

Post by Jake_413 »

not to complain..... but why yall are tlking about sob motocross storys. i have raced for 8 years (ama card says) and wanna know how many races or how many bolts my dad has turned on my bike??? about 3 races and a total of 0 bolts. my dad is alive not in jail and lives with me, he just "dont like it" after 9 broken bones he says i cant race anymore ontop of haveing a broke leg i was already pissed about it and they tell me that although they have bought every part every medical bill and every bike really how much support has he given me i think to myself all the time. no i dont wanna kill myself lol im just like what the hell. im starting to walk again and doc saynig when i dont limp i can ride. but as we all know this beacomes a way of life not just twisting a throttle like most say i love the life what do i do i dont know yet but my bike is still in the garage and my track is still sitting there waiting for long days of training. i guess well see what happens.
so jack u have no bike and i think your like 17 18 or something idk try getting a f ing job and sweden yeah start shuvling a know when i couldnt ride i would litteraly just go to races and watch and sit at my track do whatever you can to be involved shit my videos may suck but im filming on a broken leg because i needed to see riding i love it that much. every one says i cant belive you even wanna think of riding again well i thnk of it everyday i even look at what boots gear bike i want next so shit jack hopefully you get something outa all our posts.

PS(wierd im not usually open like that sorry i needed to vent. jack i think u did too) :|
FMXIAN wrote:DJ I Swear If You Were My Dog I Would Put You Down
HA^

Axle McOctane
Team: Privateer

Post by Axle McOctane »

Shadow wrote: Life has no meaning. There is no god, no "Great plan", no destiny or fate, nothing special meaning in the events of anyone's life. It's only an endless repetition of cause and effect. So what's the point then, right? If life has no meaning then why exist at all?
Ah, but that's the beauty of it. Because life has no preordained meaning, you are free to build your own meaning for your life. Whatever it may be.
I suggest you read some CS Lewis. If all that is, is an endless system of cause and effect, whereby all that exists are atomic particles that have been set in motion and must operate according to specific laws, then there can be no freedom, (free-will) and the entire concept of "meaning" is, like all other values, merely a social construct, and nothing has objective value.

Unless maybe the mechanistic world-view is wrong, and, dare I say, Creation did not create itself.
Jonathan
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VWK

Post by Jonathan »

You could allways start saving all the money you can find... To buy a new bike.
Buttscratcher?
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Axle McOctane wrote:
Shadow wrote: Life has no meaning. There is no god, no "Great plan", no destiny or fate, nothing special meaning in the events of anyone's life. It's only an endless repetition of cause and effect. So what's the point then, right? If life has no meaning then why exist at all?
I suggest you read some CS Lewis. If all that is, is an endless system of cause and effect, whereby all that exists are atomic particles that have been set in motion and must operate according to specific laws, then there can be no freedom, (free-will) and the entire concept of "meaning" is, like all other values, merely a social construct, and nothing has objective value.

Unless maybe the mechanistic world-view is wrong, and, dare I say, Creation did not create itself.
I don't believe that. you have a choice in every matter of your life. there is never a situation where you don't have a choice.

I don't believe in a god, the very notion of intelligent design sounds ridiculous to me. I believe there is a billion and one things we don't understand about the universe and the existence of intelligent life is one of them.

I do agree that in the grand scheme, everything we do has absolutely no meaning to the universe as a whole.

what is life?
consiousness, "I think therefore I am".
The only question you really need to ask yourself is "am I going where i want to be going?". if the answer to that question is no then get your ass in gear and try to get where you want to be, the journey will be satisfying even if you don't reach the goal in the end just because you tried to get where you want to be.
live, have fun and don't jump on the "make lots of money and have a bunch of kids" bandwagon.

I dont know if anyone ever read the "sword of truth" series by Terry Goodkind?
anyway there is a quote in there that i really like (also don't know if this is a common saying in english)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

so your dad sold your bike, thats the problem, not much you can do about that now. don't dwell on it.
possible solutions? get a part time job (dont know how old you are), save money, buy a bike.
learn to play the harmonica and preform on street corners :P
there is a solution to every problem, some solutions are harder to achieve than others but thats the facts of life.

another great quote from the books.
"Everything is valuable under the right conditions. To a man dying of thirst, water be more precious than gold. To a drowning man, water be of little worth and great trouble."
what is of worth to you? don't think about what is "socially acceptable" and go for that, be selfish every once in a while and answer the question with only yourself in mind, you'll often be surprised with what you come up with.

and the last one.
"Zedd used to tell me that if the road is easy, you're likely going the wrong way."
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
Judge
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Judge »

Rallemx wrote:Motocross, food, girls, beer
In that order

Duuude... you put food in 2nd place and beer in 4th..! The heck?