USMC

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Re: USMC

Post by Voutare »

cuzmxer544 wrote:lol scuzz brushes are still there. but ya it is alot different now. thats why i got out. if it was gonna be like the army then we should have gotten paid like the army lol.
My friend just graduated boot last week and he said that their company got rid of scuzz brushes because the DI's were getting shit for hazing. That's what he said, and some other people have wrote letters saying the same shit.
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

my brother & myself are the only men in the family that did not join the military more specifically the marines. Things have changed, but either way do you really want to sign yourself over for a X amount of $.... A lot of cuts have been made too because to many people jumped the gun a few years back and the young kids bonus's so really look into what exactly you THINK you might be getting in return, what they do and say is two different things.

Marines are Marines for a reason, your going to go big or not.

I have much respect for our country and soldiers (5 purple hearts and force recon from my father in vietnam ) but i will oppose and ask that you reconsider if your current circumstances allow you to survive and get a job without going that route unless you are truly dedicated to it (but then you wouldn't have asked it here) Do not do it because its a easy way out from your parents or other things unless its truly a last resort.

heres your last test you need to ask yourself deep down

If someone threated your life or your friends/family would you be able to pull a trigger on them without any hesitation or regret within a 2 second decision ?

by the time you scroll down and your eyes have read this i have shot you and everything you have worked for and done is gone.

---------------------------------------------------------

Do yourself a favor and enroll yourself in firearms class at a local gun range or a CCW class, these are meant to teach you and understand the education you will need and learn but without jumping into something you may not be prepared for, Once you complete that rethink about it and if you still have any doubt move onto a personal defense or Knife/KABAR educational class or even just sit down and talk to someone that understands these concepts (not your family or friends)

As a Marine you will learn the way or the KA-BAR and CQC
Firearms/Projectiles are not personal...... Being up close with another life with a Knife makes it personal and a whole different game....

you may survive a bullet, but you will NOT survive a tear... 30 seconds is all it takes to bleed out.

Sorry for the long rant but i try my best inform friends of what you personally need to be prepared for MENTALLY before going in if something were to happen. And for any of our vets or current Marines or any other Armed Forces, thank you for your service, you will always have a brotherhood among your peers at anytime

Semper FI

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

From what I've heard, you should avoid shooting guns/ practicing MCMAP prior to shipping. Bad habits are harder to unlearn than learning from nothing.
russ190

Post by russ190 »

Just learned today my friends dad is being deployed again in 6 months. Dunno where he is going yet (he knows just wont say) Hes career army, rank SGM. It stinks because he is 2 years away from retirement and been deployed for most of his kids life. But they've been through this many times now, and said they know what to expect. I wish him and all military a safe deployment and to come home safe
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

If he's a Sergeant Major he should be over the drama of being deployed by now. The military is his life. Respect for him though. Not many families can do that.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

Well ive been in the Army for about 2.5 years, might not be exactly the same as marines but i can give you a few tips. Make sure you are in shape before you go to bootcamp cause its going to be that much worse. Like Voutare said about shooting try not to act like you know how to shoot and focus on the fundamentals they teach you trust me. If you think waiting around in the MEPS is bad thats how the military is pretty much hurry up and wait get used to it. Other than that boot camp is not even hard do what your told its cake but some days it really sucks. Good luck :D
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Big thing is work out before you ship. You should be able to work out 4 times a week, hard, without getting sore.

3 weeks before my ship date, I was doing a workout routine where you'd do pyramid pullups to 12, and back down, 80 ammo can lifts (25 lbs dumbbell) twice, 3 max sets of situps (all over 100), and running 4-5 miles M,W,F,Sat. Plus other shit like hello dollies, monkey fuckers, scissor kicks, bananas, and usual military workouts.

Usually the Marines have poolie meetings so you'll be required to workout.

I'd suggest doing this one. If you can finish Category 1 you'll do fine at MC bootcamp.
http://www.pytlik.com/escape/navyseals2.html
knapp21

Post by knapp21 »

I was a poolee for a few months and was really close to joining. The benefits are amazing, but after having a chat with someone I went to highschool with I really had second thoughts. You don't have to join infantry, but he did. He loves it though. Hes like one of those people who are just cut out for it. He was in a horrible part of afghanistan and the stories I heard just totally freaked me out. I couldn't imagine waking up to the cracks of gunfire every morning. Shit is no joke.