USMC

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
HAMMERDOWN
Team: Tagger Designs

USMC

Post by HAMMERDOWN »

Hey guys whats up. I was wondering if we had any United States Marines in here, and if so could you give me a couple tips because I am wanting to join The Marines.
"Its better to be pissed off then pissed on"
Kawasakis

Re: USMC

Post by Kawasakis »

I believe Voutare is in it.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

HAMMERDOWN

Post by HAMMERDOWN »

Oh ok i guess Ill ask him How it is
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

Go for it man. If its something you want to do. I never ended up shipping out because of some issues back home, but I'm still fairly knowledgeable on it. If you have questions, ask, and go with your gut. If you have any doubt in your decision when you go to MEPS, your not ready. Period. If you question your decision, don't do it. You need to be absolutely dedicated to it, 110%.
HAMMERDOWN

Post by HAMMERDOWN »

wait if you were gonna get shipped doesnt that mean your still sworn in or what?
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Yeah, I took the initial enlistment oath. The one when you go to MEPS the first time. You can still back out of your contract, and you can back out up until you take the final oath. Then it's just pussying out in boot camp, which they will really hate. So if your not into it, get out before you put yourself through hell.
HAMMERDOWN

Post by HAMMERDOWN »

when do you take your final oath? I thought the one you took at MEPS was your final oath
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

No you go to MEPS for your initial oath of enlistment, and your medical (which blows, seriously sucks ass. 12 hours of sitting doing nothing). And then you take another final oath before you ship to boot.
HAMMERDOWN

Post by HAMMERDOWN »

oh sounds fun and were you going to go to Parris Island or San Diego
SuZuKi KiD345
Team: DmK-Owner/Rider

Post by SuZuKi KiD345 »

My brother just got out of boot camp about almost 2 months ago and he said that boot camp is very hard but just stick with it if your going in im thinking bout going in but im only 14 so i have a long time to think if i dont go pro in mx or basketball then thats my backup career :D
NoFear#34
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

HAMMERDOWN wrote:oh sounds fun and were you going to go to Parris Island or San Diego
Parris Island. East of the Mississippi goes to Parris, West goes to Hollywood.
cuzmxer544

Post by cuzmxer544 »

i just got out about a month ago. i will be the first one to say its not the same as it use to be. if anything they are more layed back and easy about things now. nothing like how the marine corps is supposed to be. and boot camp isnt hard it more annoying than anything. just do what they tell you and be loud and you will never have any problems. if you have any questions just pm me.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Yeah, from what I have heard, they have gotten rid of a lot of shit because it's considered hazing and the government is pissy about it. Scuzz brushes are gone, etc.
cuzmxer544

Post by cuzmxer544 »

lol scuzz brushes are still there. but ya it is alot different now. thats why i got out. if it was gonna be like the army then we should have gotten paid like the army lol.
HAMMERDOWN

Post by HAMMERDOWN »

yeah I went into the recruiter and they said there not allowed to hit you or touch u in any way