2017 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur)

Organize races and post results here
Ddavis

Re: 2017 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur)

Post by Ddavis »

Geez, reading the Daytona topic on Vital and its ridiculous how much people complain. They've complained in the past that the track is just 2-3 big long straightaways with a couple switchbacks, and this year they shortened all of the long straightaways and made more switchbacks. Personally I think that's better, the track will still get rough and there will definitely be passing opportunities. Its boring when its a double, SX triple, 4th gear WFO rollers then a corner, turn around SX triple step on step off then sand. I think the addition of shorter sections will work out better than the long straightaways.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Do I need to remind you of the "S" turns that were literally one long inside rut through one corner, to the next and through it and into the next straight and it was stil lby far the dominant line.

Well, there are about 5 of those sections on the track map. Appears they build something different entirely though, so that is good.

Long straights (with good obstacles)=passing.

Rollers where everyone is wide open or "outdoor sections" or standard jumps don't provide this.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

checkerz wrote:Do I need to remind you of the "S" turns that were literally one long inside rut through one corner, to the next and through it and into the next straight and it was stil lby far the dominant line.
If I'm not mistaken wasn't there an abundance of rain that year? So the outsides for example were complete mush while the insides were the only ride-able part of the track? I find more passing opportunities when there's a big inside rut that gets too deep to just rail every lap, then the outside becomes better to rail around that person, then the outside usually gets blown out while the "foot rut" inside of the main rut becomes the main line, but since it's so tight its usually equal in speed than the blown out berm. I don't know Chris, maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

Ddavis wrote:
BigFluffyChiken wrote:
Mr. Wiggles wrote:Y'all ready for some fucking holes?
Best disney movie ever, and prob in my top 5 in general :wink:
True that I think I might just watch it tonight :)
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

SO HYPED for DAYTONERRRRRRRRR :D
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
TheBigLez
Crushed Dissenter
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by TheBigLez »

dayboner
CeeJayHDz
Team: Privateer

Post by CeeJayHDz »

lets hope my qualifying doesnt get ruined by ams who cant wait 1 hour again this week :/
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

mx201 wrote:SO HYPED for DAYTONERRRRRRRRR :D
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

checkerz wrote:
mx201 wrote:SO HYPED for DAYTONERRRRRRRRR :D
Didn't rip your eyes out after that live stream then?
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Licenses and memberships are up to date.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

So after 9 rounds I'm convinced the only different between a blatant take out and an aggressive pass is if you get lucky and don't get front end lock and ride it out. I've seen people get SLAMMED and the guy rides it out and it's aggressive, or the front wheel barely cleaned and they both tip over because this game is fucking good /s, and then it's a blatant take out dirty move etc. and they're penalized. Idk. Just seems wrong I guess
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

AWood wrote:So after 9 rounds I'm convinced the only different between a blatant take out and an aggressive pass is if you get lucky and don't get front end lock and ride it out. I've seen people get SLAMMED and the guy rides it out and it's aggressive, or the front wheel barely cleaned and they both tip over because this game is fucking good /s, and then it's a blatant take out dirty move etc. and they're penalized. Idk. Just seems wrong I guess
I agree there's a weird gray area where you can pass someone and barely make contact and they get weird front end lock and crashes and its considered a dirty take out, but then there's a blatant take out and the person doesn't go down somehow and its completely fine. It's a weird situation, same with the penalties for getting up from crashes and causing another rider to go down. I can't name any off the top of my head but for example Prokop's situation doesn't seem bad enough to earn a one week suspension in my opinion, I don't see it from Shack's pov but it looked like he had time to react to Zach getting up from a crash. I guess Zach could have straightened himself out before going, but the main line was drifting wide towards the outside and he got on the throttle towards the left (out of the main line) side of the track, and unfortunately came together with Shack. That is just a racing incident if you ask me, but I'm sure there's been some stupid moves where someone gets up in front of traffic and cuts across the track and takes them out and doesn't get punished for it, perhaps because the person didn't protest them who knows? I just think people (myself included at times) are a little too fast to jump the gun and protest someone. Another example is Jack Haley when he ran into Rush. All it takes is watching the demo to see he over jumped the finish and couldn't stop on time, but in the heat of the moment I'm sure it looked like a dirty punt (from Rush's POV). I'm not posting to discredit rF's decisions, get involved in protests, or to pledge to fix anything regarding the rules, I'm just ranting without making a valid point but I'm agreeing with A Wood.
but I'm agreeing with A Wood.
Shit you know I'm trippin when I say this.
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

Just want to say thanks to the rF crew and most of the competitors.

This year for me has been a great year, not because of any results (I feel like my results are horrible) But, the effort the rF crew has gone to this year has certainly surpassed efforts in previous years, thank you for that, your work is not going UN-noticed.

As for competitors, I have had a couple small altercations, HOWEVER! Every altercation I have had has been met with an apology and ultimately resolved very quickly.

Thanks everyone for a great time racing thus far and look forward to making as many rounds from here out as possible

:)

also, well done to the track crews, by far the best tracks to RACE on, great job.
mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

Im ready for arm pump sunday and monday at tona :D
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

Ya I will say it again the judging of the protests is a joke and EXTREMELY inconsistent.