2014 rF MotoOption Supercross presented by Fly Racing

Organize races and post results here
SOAB_465

Re: 2014 rF MotoOption Supercross presented by Fly Racing

Post by SOAB_465 »

If RF could get the commitment from people who have servers, they could just assign all the signed up UIDs to specific servers so that there would be no more than 15-20 people in each, and release the track 2 hours before the race with free-for-all qualifying for an hour. I would be completely automated, and still cut the timed practice down to 7 or 8 motos even for people try-harding the whole session.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

KaseoDip wrote:
AWood wrote:I still would like to see a good amount of ama moved up to pro. No matter if "they can't run my pace" while the person saying that is a top 3 rider. Not everyone's a top 3 rider. If 10 250 ams and 10 450 and were moved up it would be a lot more interesting to qualify. Boring as hell when there are 45 laps ran. Make it harder to where there are more people trying for those 40 spots. Get some new races challenging for national numbers.
Yeah but then the ams that play non stop for 3 days and can only get 1 fast lap a race, get the fast lap to qualify but can't run that lap for 8 laps straight. The thing that makes Tysen so fast is that, not only is he running laps close to his qualifying lap, but he runs that lap 19 out of 20 laps. It will just be way to big of a goon fest imo.
But not everyone is Tysen. It's always this same argument. How are
People gonna move up ever then? Why not do it at the beginning of the season they'll still have Finn challenging to get into the heat, and challenging to get into the main. If they can BARELY challenge for that last spot or last transfer or anythigg, I still think they deserve to be there. It's like saying whoever doesn't top 10 an LCQ clearly is not good enough to challenge Tysen so Fuckit they shouldn't be there. Make it a challenge to get into the night show, a challenge to get a transfer, and a challenge to get out of the LCQ. In real life they don't say no you can't race you're not even CLOSE to bubba'a speed. No, they let random guys with licenses from the area try to show up and qualify just for a Chance to get into a heat. On my opinion, let them try it. If they make top 40 one race out of 17, I think it's worth them being there. The big hard races to get into shouldn't be the am races with 90 qualifiers, right now it's easy to get into a pro Heat as long as you're faster than the 5 other kids that signed up.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
suzuki98

Post by suzuki98 »

+1 ams are allowed in the fam fall cup series not sure if any have qualified but for me it is fun to try. at the moment i am in 40th but have ran 2 seconds faster than i have online but its still fun
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

barrington314 wrote:DDavis, you are the stats master. Pull up WI results and compare them with SX results. I bet they are super similar.
I just like WI style because qualifying is almost an event in itself.
I was talking about qualifying, not results.
JVanderlee225
Team: MadCape

Post by JVanderlee225 »

Pretty good discussion so far, I think everyone giving some input is awesome, and it hasn't turned into an argument yet!
SOAB_465 wrote:If RF could get the commitment from people who have servers, they could just assign all the signed up UIDs to specific servers so that there would be no more than 15-20 people in each, and release the track 2 hours before the race with free-for-all qualifying for an hour.
I like this idea also. Again, I am willing to get my server back up, Byron's server, Stormz's?, 02, 06, that is possibly 5 servers with the opportunity for more. Maybe when you sign up you get organized into groupings and that's what server you go into 2 hours before the race. Once round 1 has passed it can be based of the standings so that the top 10 450/250 (20) get a server, next 20 get s server and so on.

The issues I can see with that are (1) It's probably just more work to set it all up and will cause confusion for some people and (2) People who can make the race at UID grab but can't be their at least 45mins to 1 hour before won't get to race.

Another way is if you give a limited number of laps to everyone, but with this everyone will tryhard in single player anyway, and will wait to the last minute to get a lap.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Races on a Sunday, some people may not get home before the race and may only have 20-30 minutes of preparation before the races, so the 2 hour before rule may not be the best idea in the world but not a bad recommendation. Maybe 2 hours tops for qualifying, or a limited number of finished races you know? Like MXSCentral did for "laps attempted", make a max of laps attempted like (35 laps) or something.
Burkeen820
Team: Privateer

Post by Burkeen820 »

I think it would be cool if they are set on limited qualifying to release the track a day or two in advance as usual but have the servers only allow you a set number of times you can race before it kicks you, that way if people are busy (racing on Sundays) we can still get laps on the track good enough to qualify instead of cramming in 2 hours of qualifying along with 3+ hours of racing all in one night
Me: "Hoffman your line choice sucks..."
Hoffman: "Bro, you act like my lines are choices!"

The truth about awood http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... agic+awood
Burkeen820
Team: Privateer

Post by Burkeen820 »

Just saw Vanderlee and DDavis posts, I agree with you guys, lol
Me: "Hoffman your line choice sucks..."
Hoffman: "Bro, you act like my lines are choices!"

The truth about awood http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... agic+awood
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

Burkeen820 wrote:Just saw Vanderlee and DDavis posts, I agree with you guys, lol
DONT YOU EVER AGREE WITH VANDERLEE. HE WEARS A TURBAN FULL OF LIES
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Ddavis wrote:Like MXSCentral did for "laps attempted", make a max of laps attempted like (35 laps) or something.
This whole thing made me look like a HUGE tryhard at Spring Series Round 8... Only person to break 100 laps, and pretty sure I was closer to 200 than 100 :roll:
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

Burkeen820 wrote:I think it would be cool if they are set on limited qualifying to release the track a day or two in advance as usual but have the servers only allow you a set number of times you can race before it kicks you, that way if people are busy (racing on Sundays) we can still get laps on the track good enough to qualify instead of cramming in 2 hours of qualifying along with 3+ hours of racing all in one night
The idea I was going for, with the late release and assigned qualifying servers, was that you wouldn't put in "2 hours of qualifying", you would only get half an hour and then it would be race time. For racers the commitment would be identical to sitting through all the WI quali sessions, but for the organizers they could just show up for the first heat and have the UID's of the top 40 like they did last year.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Burkeen820 wrote:I think it would be cool if they are set on limited qualifying to release the track a day or two in advance as usual but have the servers only allow you a set number of times you can race before it kicks you, that way if people are busy (racing on Sundays) we can still get laps on the track good enough to qualify instead of cramming in 2 hours of qualifying along with 3+ hours of racing all in one night

Exactly what I was talking about.
bc45

Post by bc45 »

I would also like, "even if you did your set number of laps/races whatever", that you can still go into the server and spectate.
| 2nd overall in 2013 Loretta Lynn's 125 and 250 B |8th in 2014 250 West Coast Phoenix Main Event
http://roostmx.net/

Facebook @baileycroommusic

Instagram @baileycroommusic

YouTube @baileycroommusic
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I've always thought It would be so sick if there was a hosting/server option to where you couldn't ride in warm-up.

[Q laps] > Heat 1. Would be just too cool to race like an hour after you practice/Q like in real life.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Mikey wrote:I've always thought It would be so sick if there was a hosting/server option to where you couldn't ride in warm-up.

[Q laps] > Heat 1. Would be just too cool to race like an hour after you practice/Q like in real life.
And you cant disconnect and cant open up single player? :twisted: