Round 3 - MotoOption MXS SX Series presented by Vurbmoto.com

Organize races and post results here
Ddavis

Re: Round 3 - MotoOption MXS SX Series presented by Vurbmoto

Post by Ddavis »

I was running 5th for a couple of laps in the heat but crashed with another rider and it snowballed from there. Pretty bummed, I was riding really good and maybe got a little too excited and kept crashing. Finished 14th, then 9th in the LCQ. Getting better each weekend, hopefully I can make a main before Lites East starts.
Motofinne #375

Post by Motofinne #375 »

I was 2nd in the lites lcq on the las lap but then a guy runs into me, i raged so hard....
tread-head
Team: privateer

Post by tread-head »

SPH_814 wrote:Thanks JLV and RaceFactory guys for putting on this awesome series, entertaining stuff every week! Keep up the good work!
+1
....making the world a better place, one weld at a time....
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

DJ99X wrote:Honestly, I can't believe you run your suspension so hard
Honestly, the stiff suspension worked great until this latest stiffer suspension update that DJD and I asked for. Ironic, or is JLV just trolling us?....
Axle McOctane
Team: Privateer

Post by Axle McOctane »

Thanks to JLV and Rf gaming for putting together this race. I was unable to attend due to an conference, but I was very glad to be able to watch the stream a few hours after. I appreciate how the main events were all together in the last video. It was brilliant watching Juan and Jones go at it. It was a downright slugfest. And nobody else got caught up in their carnage, so in my opinion, let them go at it! You had some really nice takeouts Juan. Beleza! You were just a little too much of an acapache. Congrats to Tysen on the win. But don't count Shack out for the C'ship yet. I suspect if he gets back on a yz250f, you're all going to be in trouble.
karlwb

Post by karlwb »

Phathry25 wrote:
Honestly, the stiff suspension worked great until this latest stiffer suspension update that DJD and I asked for. Ironic, or is JLV just trolling us?....
nah jlv aint trolling, since the DJD top out jitter fix (not susp range increase) i had to adjust susp setup,bike felt less planted more reactive,just my 2cents.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

That makes sense as well. Either way DJD is to blame for my sucking at the recent races. :p
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

So I practiced for about a half hour last night on a 450 and could only get a 56.3. SUCH a different riding style from the 125 it's unbelievable. I lowered the autoclutch rpm's from 5k to 3.5k, lowered the rider mass distribution, and tried changing my gearing some (closer to stock) so there wouldn't be such a hard hit when I first get on the gas and loop out. I ended up going back to the same gearing though because I think I lost too much low end out of corners. Plus I changed from front only stop wheelies to none in hope the braking would increase some, I'm actually not doing endoes all the time which is surprising. Still can't stop great though. So much more to worry about on a 450 vs the 125, the 125 you just worry about lines, 450 you have to think about throttle control and lines.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
rgaede

Post by rgaede »

Don't know how you rf guys will feel about this since neither of these videos is the official one, but MXA put in two mxs hotlaps of Los Angles inthis weeks friday news.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News ... -8583.aspx
Rgaede Past numbers #333 #19 Now #373

DILLIGAF
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

rgaede wrote:Don't know how you rf guys will feel about this since neither of these videos is the official one, but MXA put in two mxs hotlaps of Los Angles inthis weeks friday news.

There are so many Rnd 3 LA videos on youtube right now.... i bet half of those people don't have the game legitly.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I hate the people that go on chat and start talking shit about the game :| They have no idea how hard it is to get dialed, they assume it's like Unleashed where anyone can just turn it on and rip it up. Everyone that makes the main in MXS, just like real life, get respect in a riding aspect.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

rgaede wrote:Don't know how you rf guys will feel about this since neither of these videos is the official one, but MXA put in two mxs hotlaps of Los Angles inthis weeks friday news.

Do I wish it was our official preview? Sure. Does it really bother me? Nah! Any exposure for MXS Is great for the game and rF. I'd really like to think rF has helped move things along quickly as far as MXS growth. It was going to grow either way, but the more eyes on it the faster it'll grow. The way I see it, all our sponsors are just getting that much more love. THe bad news is, if the video sucks, it makes the game look like crap. If the video is good - I'm all for it.
DJD

Post by DJD »

Phathry25 wrote:
DJ99X wrote:Honestly, I can't believe you run your suspension so hard
My suspension still bottoms both ends up triple faces, on the triple landings, and jumping into corners. Every time i try to soften it up it feels even more sketch.

Im gonna pull a James Stewart and claim to not be able to set my bike up properly.
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

DJD wrote:My suspension still bottoms both ends up triple faces, on the triple landings, and jumping into corners. Every time i try to soften it up it feels even more sketch.

Im gonna pull a James Stewart and claim to not be able to set my bike up properly.
I don't really know but I'm kinda suspicios about they race some unrealistic setup like this...
HUGE springrate, soft damping, fast compression

But I don't really know...
Howcanyoubesofuckingdumbthatyou'rereadingthis??
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Axle McOctane wrote:It was brilliant watching Juan and Jones go at it. It was a downright slugfest. And nobody else got caught up in their carnage, so in my opinion, let them go at it!
I agree. That was fun to watch.
karlwb wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:
nah jlv aint trolling, since the DJD top out jitter fix (not susp range increase) i had to adjust susp setup,bike felt less planted more reactive,just my 2cents.
I would have thought that change would have made the suspension more "dead" if anything.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.