2011 SX Series by MotoOption Rd 9 - Thursday Night Mar 3

Organize races and post results here
HeGgE
Team: Adept

Re: 2011 SX Series by MotoOption Rd 9 - Thursday Night Mar 3

Post by HeGgE »

Joe Sawler wrote:ya I thought the jump was quite silly but hey its there so i couldn't pass it up its a fun jump
im not 100% sure that its faster :P you sooo fucking high up that doing double single is faster :P
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Seemed to me the "pits" in the track were too subtle, which is what allows you to absolutely haul into that wall triple. Would have helped slow down the pace and make things more technical had they been emphasized. From what I've seen in past Daytona tracks, these pits have very walled out front and backs. I like the roughness, though a lot of it is hidden by the decals. The new layout is cool. Not my favorite MXS track, but definitely has a lot of positives too. The varying dirt types and roughness are cool and well done.
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

HeGgE wrote:
Joe Sawler wrote:ya I thought the jump was quite silly but hey its there so i couldn't pass it up its a fun jump
im not 100% sure that its faster :P you sooo fucking high up that doing double single is faster :P
Even if you jump it just as a double it launches you pretty far up, so imo the single-double is fastest. Atleast it's the most consistent for me, if you don't count the people ramming me when I slow down for the single and they try to triple :mrgreen:

Thanks jlv for the great track once again!
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

I can't wait to get home and burn laps! This track is going to be a REAL challenge for me, as I am much better at SX than MX, and usually struggle to keep a good pace on MX tracks! See you guys on the server tonight nonetheless
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I've updated the first post with this week's MotoOption prize.
checkerz wrote:Seemed to me the "pits" in the track were too subtle, which is what allows you to absolutely haul into that wall triple. Would have helped slow down the pace and make things more technical had they been emphasized. From what I've seen in past Daytona tracks, these pits have very walled out front and backs. I like the roughness, though a lot of it is hidden by the decals. The new layout is cool. Not my favorite MXS track, but definitely has a lot of positives too. The varying dirt types and roughness are cool and well done.
I actually wanted to make it rougher. Since I didn't have much time for testing I decided it was better to release something too smooth vs an unridable minefield.

I hope it isn't faster to triple the wall jump. When I was testing it, my rider would fall off if I hit it fast enough to triple.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJD

Post by DJD »

Its definitely not faster to triple over, i ran a 1:16.9 in time trial just doing the single-double.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

ya i wouldn't worry its not faster and not consistent at all its just really fun lol
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Even in 2nd gear, if you don't seat bounce the Great Wall of China you dismount...damn Mongorreeans!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
chapspeed575
Team: Privateer

Post by chapspeed575 »

Crap i cant get around this track for the life of me. im swappin all over the place. lol
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

I have the double-single down pretty consistent. what I do is I double then roll over the single throught the inside. somehow there is insane grip on that inside. making it possible to quickly turn, great if you want to make a pass, take the inside and go a little wide to block and take the inside into the double-double/triple-single.

very fun track, and it requires a lot of patience to ride which I like.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

Ya i really love this track its really tricky keeps you on your toes but has some nice flow almost feels like national track
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I was hoping for a few more ruts to stick in to, especially on the ultra wide corners, but in general the track should still separate the men from the boys. Just looking at the lap times:

Daytona riders 1-40: 8.524 second difference
Atlanta riders 1-40: 2.703 second difference
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

yeah but to be honest atlanta was quite one-lined. cant be said for daytona :) and a good bike setup really helps (which I still have to find :P)
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I saw Phathry single double the wall, must be the fast way. Scrubbing seems nearly impossible there.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Shouldn't bales be multiple colors?
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion