2012 Cycra Plastics and Pro Circuit T-5 Preview

Post about creating and skinning models here
Mikey

Re: 2012 Cycra Plastics and Pro Circuit T-5 Preview

Post by Mikey »

You two little dicks have typed 3 thousand words each arguing about skinning, if this were be I would have dropped 3 thousand F bombs lol, much respect!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Jaruro38
Team: DP26 RB KTM FACTORY

Post by Jaruro38 »

Mikey wrote:You two little dicks have typed 3 thousand words each arguing about skinning, if this were be I would have dropped 3 thousand F bombs lol, much respect!
hahahahahah
Fransoo773

Post by Fransoo773 »

SO iv changed up the front number plate holes, and i tried to do them as accurately as i could so i literally vector faced them over a picture of the plastics so i know they are to scale.
I also changed the shape of the front number plate, because i noticed there was some difference in shape from the stock one, so i vector traced that too and made a totally new front number plate from the ground up.

Ben Fransoo, OG.
Jaruro38
Team: DP26 RB KTM FACTORY

Post by Jaruro38 »

a only word-----> A.W.E.S.O.M.E
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Eh, I wouldn't go with the alpha on the edges of the front plate, since the reflections make the alpha shine and the edge of the plastics won't be visible.

Also, that shading is way too strong and seems light the light source is from the side. Try to make it more even and have the light source seemingly forward so that maps can deal with which side is to be shaded darker.

Holes look much better, but I still think that the bolts would do it some good. Also maybe a rim around the vented part so that it looks like it's fitted in would look cool.

Are you going to add dirt onto the graphics to match the spec? Looks kind of like you got Simple Green on your plastics and didn't wash it off. Kind of like water streaks, almost. The graphics are totally pristine, but they shine like mud; a bit weird to me.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Fransoo773

Post by Fransoo773 »

KTM57 wrote:Eh, I wouldn't go with the alpha on the edges of the front plate, since the reflections make the alpha shine and the edge of the plastics won't be visible.

Also, that shading is way too strong and seems light the light source is from the side. Try to make it more even and have the light source seemingly forward so that maps can deal with which side is to be shaded darker.

Holes look much better, but I still think that the bolts would do it some good. Also maybe a rim around the vented part so that it looks like it's fitted in would look cool.

Are you going to add dirt onto the graphics to match the spec? Looks kind of like you got Simple Green on your plastics and didn't wash it off. Kind of like water streaks, almost. The graphics are totally pristine, but they shine like mud; a bit weird to me.

Yeah, the plate reflections make it look horrible so i think I'm just gonna leave it for now, besides i had to fit the new number plate inside the model area so it was a bit small and looked kinda funny.

Just fixed the shading. The reason i did that was because i can't tell if the texture between the wholes is black or white. I looked at the original cycra plate and its black, but as you can see on andrew short's front plate, the parts between the holes look white.

Now there could be several different problems here. 1 i don't even know if thats a cycra plate, I'm gonna guess it is because i haven't seen any other plastic companies make vented plates that look that close to the cycra original ones.
2. It could be outdated, this picture is for 2010 maybe they changed the colour from black to white (or maybe the original cycra plate images are outdated and switched vis versa) 3. Factory teams modify all sorts of stuff, I'm sure some white spray paint wouldn't be hard to apply, or at with the money they have, order special vets with white texture.
What do you think? White or black texture?

ill definitely add some bolts and outlines, but i wanted to make sure i had the shape and holes satisfactory before i made them.

Yeah, I erased the dirt on the plastics and forgot to erase them from the spec map, whoops. :roll:
Ben Fransoo, OG.
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

Check ur pms
Fransoo773

Post by Fransoo773 »

Alright, so heres the new plate (or actually just the old one) with the bolts, liner and normal map draft.
Iv also added a gripper seat, I'm thinking i should probably bring the black gripper parts to the edges of the seat, but I'm not sure, it looks pretty cool as is.
Theres also a better pic of the T-5 for you guys to check out.

Ben Fransoo, OG.
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Post by Brina927 »

Wow that looks really wierd
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Post by Brina927 »

Wow sorry damn auto correct I ment good lol
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Acerbis handguards seem kind of stupid on a bike that was themed as being a Cycra bike. They don't fit the shape of the model well and you can see the edge floating around, so it just makes it worse. The skinning on them isn't really all that great, either. I'd scrap them for now and try them again for a bike that's not touted as being a Cycra bike.

If those "gripper parts", as you say, are plastic, bring them above that pattern on the seat. Might also benefit from toning down that crosshatch pattern on the seat a bit if it's a seperate layer from the shading. I'm surprised DJ made it so opaque, I would think that he'd just normal map it.

As for the front plate, it looks good but I think the rim that you've added (which looks really nice) should be maybe a bit thinner and maybe centered on the edge of the vented/regular instead of just going all the way around the vented part. Bolts look nice. Might want to normal map a point in the middle of that middle area or something, as it looks really plain right now. Also, I would personally get rid of those half-holes in the middle; looks kind of goony.

Pro Circuit logo on the front fender is terrible, really.

What did you do in order to get rid of the reflections on the alpha areas? Alphaed out on the norm and spec?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Twitch
Team: Privateer

Post by Twitch »

nice ... can u make the black plate version?
MXS Online #239
Fransoo773

Post by Fransoo773 »

KTM57 wrote:Acerbis handguards seem kind of stupid on a bike that was themed as being a Cycra bike. They don't fit the shape of the model well and you can see the edge floating around, so it just makes it worse. The skinning on them isn't really all that great, either. I'd scrap them for now and try them again for a bike that's not touted as being a Cycra bike.

If those "gripper parts", as you say, are plastic, bring them above that pattern on the seat. Might also benefit from toning down that crosshatch pattern on the seat a bit if it's a seperate layer from the shading. I'm surprised DJ made it so opaque, I would think that he'd just normal map it.

As for the front plate, it looks good but I think the rim that you've added (which looks really nice) should be maybe a bit thinner and maybe centered on the edge of the vented/regular instead of just going all the way around the vented part. Bolts look nice. Might want to normal map a point in the middle of that middle area or something, as it looks really plain right now. Also, I would personally get rid of those half-holes in the middle; looks kind of goony.

What did you do in order to get rid of the reflections on the alpha areas? Alphaed out on the norm and spec?
Yeah the acerbic guards where really just an experiment that i forgot to change back when i took the pics, the bike of course will come with cycra guards.

I don't know if all gripper parts are plastic? either way I'm switching back to the mapped seat for the old template, and also changing the AO map or whatever so they look like the old seat, i think it looked much better.

Half holes are gone, and iv re made the map around the vent too. Iv also raised the center piece.

pro circuit logo on the front fender is not what i was taking screenshots of, but thanks for the comment? i guess?

I changed the front plate back to the original size, so i didn't have to deal with the reflections.

So still the question is, black vented texture or white?

And yes Twich there will be a black plate version once i get the white one figured out.
Ben Fransoo, OG.
Fransoo773

Post by Fransoo773 »

KTM57 wrote:Acerbis handguards seem kind of stupid on a bike that was themed as being a Cycra bike. They don't fit the shape of the model well and you can see the edge floating around, so it just makes it worse. The skinning on them isn't really all that great, either. I'd scrap them for now and try them again for a bike that's not touted as being a Cycra bike.

Yeah the acerbic guards where really just an experiment that i forgot to change back when i took the pics, the bike of course will come with cycra guards.

I don't know if all gripper parts are plastic? either way I'm switching back to the mapped seat for the old template, and also changing the AO map or whatever so they look like the old seat, i think it looked much better.

Half holes are gone, and iv re made the map around the vent, and Iv also raised the center piece.

pro circuit logo on the front fender is not what i was taking screenshots of, but thanks for the comment? i guess?

I changed the front plate back to the original size, so i didn't have to deal with the reflections.

So still the question is, black vented texture or white?

And yes Twich there will be a black plate version once i get the white one figured out.
Ben Fransoo, OG.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Don't go back to the old seat, it's different and has a bump. Just select the seat shape, go to the shading layer, duplicate it, then delete the seat shading from the original shading layer. Bring down the opacity on the duplicated one.

Color is up to you, obviously.