Graphics Contest *TOP 3 RESULTS*

Post about creating and skinning models here
JTmoto
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Eleven10 Mods Suzuki

Re: Graphics Contest *EDITED*

Post by JTmoto »

dylan22 wrote:
JTmoto wrote:Perfect replicas should be worth just as much as custom shit. Creativity/Accuracy?
No, because replicas are just following an already existing designing. A custom skin is creating it yourself.
Nah man. Making a perfect replica is just as much work if not more. I'm not talking just graphics, but getting all the parts and everything as close as possible.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Sam made all of your skins for you. How would you know?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
JTmoto
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Eleven10 Mods Suzuki

Post by JTmoto »

KTM57 wrote:Sam made all of your skins for you. How would you know?
I make my own skins! I'm just not very good at it. :lol:
DJD

Post by DJD »

Mr.Two wrote:I hope you rethink accepting replicas though cause your basically eliminating creativity from the judging category, which in my personal opinion should be one of the larger scores.
yFMX
Team: Privateer

Post by yFMX »

dylan22 wrote:replicas are just following an already existing designing. A custom skin is creating it yourself.
That doesn't mean replicas are easier to do.

You should score creativity for a custom skin and accuracy for a replica the same way and let the wow factor be the most important part of judging.
I'm affraid that if you score creativity too high you'll get just ok skins score higher than great replicas. The best looking skin should win, replica or not.
SCHAFFERNOCKER
Team: blank

Post by SCHAFFERNOCKER »

All custom graphics is my choice. How else are you going to determine who's graphic is better? IMO it would be better to judge on the style/design rather then just the actual amount of work put into photoshop. This way you winner will be an actual good design artist. Not someone who just knows their way around photoshop.

Either way, its your comp. So do what makes you happy. I have one sitting on my hard drive I am going to finish up. Its nothing major, but at least it will be my first completed skin.
Stheart Clothing
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Stheart.com

Post by Stheart Clothing »

yFMX wrote:
dylan22 wrote:replicas are just following an already existing designing. A custom skin is creating it yourself.
That doesn't mean replicas are easier to do.

You should score creativity for a custom skin and accuracy for a replica the same way and let the wow factor be the most important part of judging.
I'm affraid that if you score creativity too high you'll get just ok skins score higher than great replicas. The best looking skin should win, replica or not.
This. I feel like graphics are only a small part of the skin as a whole...
www.stheart.com
"I'd Eiffel Tower the shit out of Dianna Dahlgren with another dude. A little accidental male contact wouldn't bother me in that situation." -ih8hondas
DJD

Post by DJD »

Stheart Clothing wrote:I feel like graphics are only a small part of the skin as a whole...
That makes no fucking sense. Graphics = Skin. Same thing, selecting a graphics kit from a website and replicating it exactly is not creating. You're just copying.

That's why I never make replica shit. Its boring as hell and involves no creative thinking. I would like to see what everyone can come up with on their own.

Its a graphic DESIGN contest people. Not a copy-cat contest.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Jeez, you'd think that someone affiliated with a clothing company (i.e. graphic designer) would swing towards custom...
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

I'm with DJD. Create something unique, don't replicate.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Stheart Clothing
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Stheart.com

Post by Stheart Clothing »

KTM57 wrote:Jeez, you'd think that someone affiliated with a clothing company (i.e. graphic designer) would swing towards custom...
Custom is just so hit or miss. Blah.
www.stheart.com
"I'd Eiffel Tower the shit out of Dianna Dahlgren with another dude. A little accidental male contact wouldn't bother me in that situation." -ih8hondas
Mr.Two

Post by Mr.Two »

ShackAttack12 wrote:I'm with DJD. Create something unique, don't replicate.
T-RIDER
Team: System Decal

Post by T-RIDER »

Ohagan75 wrote:preview of mine so far. http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p57 ... 2758PM.png
Just saw this, kinda disappointed when I hand you the png to my graphics and then something so similar gets drawn up.

Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Bad OHagan.

To bad you cant use that Josh :roll:
I dont have that model =p
Hi
T-RIDER
Team: System Decal

Post by T-RIDER »

Its not what I'm using. Made it aaaages ago.