Upcoming Models

Post about creating and skinning models here
yFMX
Team: Privateer

Re: Upcoming Models

Post by yFMX »

YZ125 wrote:Yeah but TWMX did a cr500af vs a crf450r and the 500 pulled way better lap times than the 450. The CR500 is like 10 years old technology and has not been significantly changed since 89-91*. Given current frame, suspension, and tire technology it will still smoke a 450.
89-91 is more like 20 yrs...
Also, keep in mind that 4 strokes have to be about twice the cubic capacity of a 2 stroke to be as efficient as a 2 stroke. So if you have a 900cc 4 stroke it'd probably smoke a 500cc 2 stroke
Wil#46

Post by Wil#46 »

:D :D :D :D :D
490 YZ 1983 ...
Jonathan
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VWK

Post by Jonathan »

CR500AF cr500 engine in a 09 crf450 frame
Buttscratcher?
norcal_105

Post by norcal_105 »

so does anyone know when we will get a new 125??? it sure has been a long time without any real updates...
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Here's what I know. Ekswaad is working on the cr125 now, he's almost done and it looks amazing. He is however going to do more 125 models and then release them in a pack I believe. My 125 is coming along, haven't worked on it in a while. The thing that some of these 14 year olds need to realize however is that I have other things to do other than make models and devote my life to mxs. I have schoolwork, ladies life, and actual riding that take up my time, and I'm sure ekswaad is in the same boat. The thing you need to understand is quit asking when the models are going to come out, we didn't put all the hard work into them to just not release them. I can't put a time on when anyone's model will come out but it will be sometime in the future. Also consider that we are doing this for free on our own time, so there is no real thing pushing us to get it done other than our own personal benefit.
Wilmx829

Post by Wilmx829 »

ddmx488 wrote:Here's what I know. Ekswaad is working on the cr125 now, he's almost done and it looks amazing. He is however going to do more 125 models and then release them in a pack I believe. My 125 is coming along, haven't worked on it in a while. The thing that some of these 14 year olds need to realize however is that I have other things to do other than make models and devote my life to mxs. I have schoolwork, ladies life, and actual riding that take up my time, and I'm sure ekswaad is in the same boat. The thing you need to understand is quit asking when the models are going to come out, we didn't put all the hard work into them to just not release them. I can't put a time on when anyone's model will come out but it will be sometime in the future. Also consider that we are doing this for free on our own time, so there is no real thing pushing us to get it done other than our own personal benefit.
YES!!! 125s!!!! keep this up guys!!!
TeamHavocRacing wrote:JLV is a risk-taking genuis pimp.
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

ddmx488 wrote:Here's what I know. Ekswaad is working on the cr125 now, he's almost done and it looks amazing. He is however going to do more 125 models and then release them in a pack I believe. My 125 is coming along, haven't worked on it in a while. The thing that some of these 14 year olds need to realize however is that I have other things to do other than make models and devote my life to mxs. I have schoolwork, ladies life, and actual riding that take up my time, and I'm sure ekswaad is in the same boat. The thing you need to understand is quit asking when the models are going to come out, we didn't put all the hard work into them to just not release them. I can't put a time on when anyone's model will come out but it will be sometime in the future. Also consider that we are doing this for free on our own time, so there is no real thing pushing us to get it done other than our own personal benefit.
100% right, and im turning 14 in June, haha.
MessiaH

Post by MessiaH »

Well put. :)
chuey352

Post by chuey352 »

ddmx488 wrote: The thing that some of these 14 year olds need to realize however is that I have other things to do other than make models and devote my life to mxs. I have schoolwork, ladies life, and actual riding that take up my time,
WHAT!? your whole life isnt MXS? what kind of person are you? Just kidding. im getting kind of burnt out myself. :?
Mx Simulator OG
ddmx488 wrote: Everyone poops on their keyboard and expects a great skin to pop up in photoshop.
TEAM HONDA
RaNDoM HeRO

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

Why is everyone talking about 500's for? there still isnt any 450's i know jonthe is working on the 500 but still and remember this is upcoming models not argue about what lap times and all that bs.And yes even i got off topic so sorry. and did showtime actually quit the whole thing or what? or did he just take a break
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

ddmx488 wrote:ladies life, and actual riding
Thats a good life :P
Last edited by Mikey on Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
norcal_105

Post by norcal_105 »

first off.. i am not pushing anyone to release anything.. just asking if maybe there was a time frame.. so i dont need a speech on how hard you guys work cause i know.. just wonderin if it was gonna be a month 3 months a year whatever..
REIDY-171

Post by REIDY-171 »

WILSONATV wrote:Image
almost done
oh alot of the tiny partsare eskwaads including everything in the fork area that you havent seen before.
Ok, i HAD to sign up for the forums cause i'm super excited for this. I've only had the game a couple weeks and love it. But i'm sad cause there's no KTM's. If you need a picture of ANYTHING on the bike to make shapes or whatever just let me know. I have this sitting in my garage. :mrgreen:
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

JETZcorp wrote:People always tell you that a 500cc two-stroke is a beast to ride, that it's tiring and will wear you out. I don't get these people. Let's look at one situation, as encountered with three different bikes. You are next to your buddy on a mountain road, then round a sharp corner and start up a notably steep hill.

On a 125, you down-shift once or perhaps twice, and may have to fan the clutch like a madman as you hold the throttle to its stop with the RPM going through the roof. Then you proceed to bang through some gears and just try not to get hit by rocks as your pal rockets way.

On a 250, you click it down a gear and open the guns. The RPM will go right up and you can start going through some gears. Don't touch the clutch, it'll just waste time that you could spend with power going to the ground.

On a 500, just easily roll on the power in third to stay with your friend. If he's stolen your good pen with the soft grip recently, just roll it on some more and leave him behind.

There's no panic for power or clawing for revs, just add power! Less shifting and less work on the clutch means less stress. And if you want to get the rear wheel out in a turn, , the differences really shine through.
Nah dawg you can tell you've never raced a bike.

Riding and racing are different. Power gets you into a lot of trouble racing. You push the envelope racing and extra power means one more thing to go wrong.

I'm a guy who's spent his whole life riding and used to go racing when I was looking for a new place to ride. I'm not a racer. But I like to ride for a long time. So it's sort of the same thing - when you get tired and sloopy, a bike with massive power and a massive hit puts you on your ass. And it takes a lot of energy to pick a bike up and get going again. Not to mention time. So you just get more tired ( and extremely hot). And then you make more mistakes. And the bike with more power just makes your mistakes worse.

And I for one would hate to do any technical hillclimbs on a 500 - again I'd just be sitting on my ass next to the trail trying to pick the bike up.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

Just be careful with the power. I got that straight from my dad, who raced his ass off back in the day riding a 450 Maico. Perhaps that's the key, though, because Maico have always been known for smooth power. They don't hit like a TM400 or something, the power comes from the bottom and, unlike a 4-stroke (burn!) keeps going to a fright-train midrange and a top-end with more horsepower than the competition. By contrast, some of the other bikes (depending on year and marque) had a reputation for coming on all at once and doing the whole rip-the-arms-out-of-the-sockets thing. If you're tired and don't want the open bike to kill you, go easy on the throttle. Keep things mellow and utilize that low-end. Yes, riding an open bike is bound to require some skill and subtlety. If you think you're going to come out of a corner right on the powerband and banging gears, be prepared for a tough time, and for the best lap times you've ever seen. If you want to keep up with the pace of a 250 (which is fast) you don't have to work as hard, because you're not using all of the power, you just have more of it down low for a smooth ride, and more of it up top in case you need it. The throttle isn't supposed to be a button, and I'm going to feel sorry for the keyboard riders when the 500 hits MXS.
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.