cr450f open beta

Post about creating and skinning models here
markm32
Team: Privateer

Re: cr450f open beta

Post by markm32 »

Ok, Im trying to get it on my laptop now, and the file on media fire is invalid.
=(
iceman967
Team: Aggressive Graphix

Post by iceman967 »

Well done sir. There is no lag. As much as we would all like to point out things we like and dont like, your question was about lag so ill just stick to that.

Sick bike! cant wait to see the final!
"Just don't lose... ever" (James "bubba" Stewart-The Great Outdoors: A Constant War)
mx4life

Post by mx4life »

Can you send me the wireframe? Maybe with the skin on it to see where certain parts are? I'd like to skin it
MXONLINE_GEICO

Post by MXONLINE_GEICO »

nice skin showtime i <3 it :D
jesplind

Post by jesplind »

is something diffrent whit it, power or something like that? :oops:
LuKe

Post by LuKe »

no lag at all, only problem is it says cant load front plate and then cant load side plates or something like that :? , i know its not possible but it really does feel faster than the 250`s :twisted: , could you send me the template plaease so i could skin it please :mrgreen:
LOVE IT :mrgreen:
jesplind

Post by jesplind »

First of all it says; Warning- Can't load front plate/side plate

Look in the yellow area

And it didn't lag but i think it took longer time to loading:?
Rm85#107

Post by Rm85#107 »

Nice but i can't see the side plates.Btw it is no lagg. :D
but when you are done with this is JLV going to realese a snapshot with this own name in the bike menu and some more power to it?
Armadijl
Team: Rockstar MX1 Suzuki

Post by Armadijl »

Man i got the feeling its more powerfull than the 250's its not faster but it feels its accelerating faster :S pretty weird cause its still a 250 in game.
LuKe

Post by LuKe »

yeah it deffinately feels faster cos the first big double at RBR track, i clear it easily on the 250, but when i done it on this i nearly landed on the take off of the double after it :shock:
Wilmx829

Post by Wilmx829 »

Great Bike Showtime! I think you have really good talent in this area and if you are not going to finish this bike, please do a another bike, such as a 125 or something! I cannot wait to get a 450 dyno!! :D
TeamHavocRacing wrote:JLV is a risk-taking genuis pimp.
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

LUKE2851 wrote:yeah it deffinately feels faster cos the first big double at RBR track, i clear it easily on the 250, but when i done it on this i nearly landed on the take off of the double after it :shock:
its your imagination man!,im pretty sure ud be able to tell if it was a 450 power curve because of the sounds the 250 and 450 have diff rpm ranges
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

There are some things that most of you noobs need to understand here. This bike is not faster than a crf250, technically it is a crf250. Yes the bike will take longer to load since it is very high poly. The bike doesn't have number plates therefore it won't be able to load the side plates no matter how many of you state it. Lastly, just because there is a model out there does not mean jlv will make a spot for it right away. All of you impatient 12 year olds need to just relax a bit.

Showtime, I applaud your efforts to model this crf450, but there are some things I have to point out. A wireframe view is one that shows all the edges on the bike. I would like to see this so I can see the flow of the poly's and whatnot. At 9000, that is quite a bit. I'm sure with the detail of the model you can eliminate some of the poly's and find better uses for them. I hope you don't keep this h&h skin. I realize it's just for beta purposes, but I would hate to find out that it is actually someone else's skin. Not that I don't trust you, but I don't really have to reason to trust you in the same manner. Finally, one doesn't model this much to say that your not gonna finish it. Just like my ktm, I have not come this far to scrap it. You will release this I imagine and hopefully not without putting more time into it.
ShowtimeMx

Post by ShowtimeMx »

ddmx488 wrote:
Showtime, I applaud your efforts to model this crf450, but there are some things I have to point out. A wireframe view is one that shows all the edges on the bike. I would like to see this so I can see the flow of the poly's and whatnot. At 9000, that is quite a bit. I'm sure with the detail of the model you can eliminate some of the poly's and find better uses for them. I hope you don't keep this h&h skin. I realize it's just for beta purposes, but I would hate to find out that it is actually someone else's skin. Not that I don't trust you, but I don't really have to reason to trust you in the same manner. Finally, one doesn't model this much to say that your not gonna finish it. Just like my ktm, I have not come this far to scrap it. You will release this I imagine and hopefully not without putting more time into it.
Thanks I think. as stated this was a first attempt at doing a bike and after talking with wilson and showing him my wireframe and model i know for a fact that i used too many poly's on side panels, shrouds and a few other spots, but he also gave me some pointers on how to make a cleaner model. (thanks Wilson)

(Side Note) dont use this to make a skin its not setup with everything correctly yet

As far as the H&H bike goes im not surprized you would say that but truth be told i did make it from scratch using logo's, pics and good ole photoshop and if you guys want proof i have the .psd to show.
"this community has more little kids than michael jacksons neverland ranch on easter" -ddmx
LuKe

Post by LuKe »

have you not got anything so we can have a go at skinning it please, by the way it does look extremely good :mrgreen: