Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
JMcdonell94
Team: Effertz Racing

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Post by JMcdonell94 »

nickuzick wrote:I'm going to start a replica of the TLD/Red Bull KTM. If anyone has a proper reference pic please pm it to me. I checked google and couldn't find many
Scroll through the tld_moto instagram page, it is filled with pictures of the bikes.
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

JMcdonell94 wrote:
nickuzick wrote:I'm going to start a replica of the TLD/Red Bull KTM. If anyone has a proper reference pic please pm it to me. I checked google and couldn't find many
Scroll through the tld_moto instagram page, it is filled with pictures of the bikes.
Thanks, I don't use insta really at all so it never crossed my mind
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

You might be able to get a response from Shane McElrath if you DM him and ask him.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9vTWcaZkIUM/maxresdefault.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/K6wNu6I23XA/maxresdefault.jpg
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Some good shots if it here, too. Actually shows them making the graphics. Lol.

http://youtu.be/9vTWcaZkIUM
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I always thought Troy Lee has had good looking bikes, I just love solid color plastics on any bike. Would be interesting to see what a Yamaha from them would look like.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I am a super big fan of Troy Lee, his work, and everything his name is associated with, but the 2016 graphics are like 10 or 20 minutes' work away from being awesome.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

KTM57 wrote:I am a super big fan of Troy Lee, his work, and everything his name is associated with, but the 2016 graphics are like 10 or 20 minutes' work away from being awesome.
Curious what you'd change. (seriously) I like them for sure.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

It mainly has to do with logo placement. Looking at the photo effertz posted, a few big things jump out at me; for example, I wouldn't place the KTM and FMF logos on the shroud so close to each other when there's so much room between the FMF and N Style logos, and I would make the KTM logo white for sure. The Seaspan logo on the rear end of the shroud could breathe a whole lot better if it weren't pushed up right next to the seat like it is. I would rearrange the fork guards with the holeshot device in mind. I'd definitely scale down the GoPro logo on the shroud a little bit or see if they maybe have a secondary logo with their tag line and those squares placed differently, since there is some tension between the two main sponsor logos on the shroud. My design style tends to be very calculated because I'm a huge perfectionist when it comes to my work, so I'm maybe a little oversensitive to things that I personally would try to avoid (and I'm an egotist :lol: ). You wouldn't really see these kind of issues in TLD gear, so I'd say a lot of this stuff is at the hands of N Style.

More significantly, I would personally try placing a little bit more blue thoughout the bike and also breaking up the big blue fields a little bit with orange or white. The front plate could do with a little bit of orange and the sideplates could do with a little bit more blue. I just think it needs a little more polish, but any artist knows how much work goes into creating a successful design within a format as strange as a motocross bike, especially when you go as minimal as TLD goes and especially when you have sponsor obligations to fill.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
John23

Post by John23 »

How long does it take a good designer (like one who works at Nstyle) to make a full kit for a team?
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
Team: CANVAS

Post by 317 »

John23 wrote:How long does it take a good designer (like one who works at Nstyle) to make a full kit for a team?
I honestly wouldn't consider the designers at N-Style good designers at all. Not a fan of anything they make.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

317 wrote:
John23 wrote:How long does it take a good designer (like one who works at Nstyle) to make a full kit for a team?
I honestly wouldn't consider the designers at N-Style good designers at all. Not a fan of anything they make.
Certainly a matter of opinion. Especially considering all the TLD and ME PC kits they've made over the years that look great.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

This is what I have so far. I agree with August, it could be way sicker with some more work but it does still look good. Would anybody know how to remove the norm for the ribs on the seat? The norm for the seat isn't editable so I can't just remove the ribs. I'm gonna get around to the ghosted pattern eventually.
I would like to reiterate that anything I've done isn't final so give me a few tips to make it better. I feel it's pretty accurate so far.
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

You can remake the norm for the seat here http://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

One thing I know is that the TLD KTM's use a much brighter orange plastic/frame paint than the factory bikes.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

The seat looks fine without the baked normal maps. Just start from the ground up with a flat fabric texture. Pull it from my team pack if you're feeling adventurous.