ddmx Rider Model V2 Download

Post about creating and skinning models here
mxracer118

Re: ddmx Rider Model V2 Download

Post by mxracer118 »

excellent job guys this is the best the best rider model i have seen yet. thanks to everyone who made or helped make this.
DJ99X wrote:Putting forum quotes in your signature is gay as fuck
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

this is great!! idk if im just used to the old model but the legs seem really skinny but i like it
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I think the wrist looks weird there way to long and skinny for me. The tech 10 skin with the lip in the model just doesnt work for me and i prefer a tech 10 model but i guess its something ill have to get over. The ass also just looks extremely funky. I can't understand why he can pull his pants up but im gunna guess this problem also coincides with the ass end of him looking all square.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Puma, i think the reason he cant pull his pants up is because it will create horrible stretching like the old model did in game. If you ever tried to make a butt-patch, you would see what im saying.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

DDMX, when you did your boots, did you draw everything from scratch, or use pictures and mold them together?
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Pumaxcs wrote:I think the wrist looks weird there way to long and skinny for me. The tech 10 skin with the lip in the model just doesnt work for me and i prefer a tech 10 model but i guess its something ill have to get over. The ass also just looks extremely funky. I can't understand why he can pull his pants up but im gunna guess this problem also coincides with the ass end of him looking all square.
The wrist looks wierd becuase no one has skinned it the way it was intended. There is supposed to be skin showing between the lip and the glove, like his jersey got pulled back. The tech 10 skin is not the best, i tried to make a quick conversion from the old model, with the new model and it didn't quite work right. Someone just needs to put time in and make a new skin and quit using mine. There is really nothing you can do with his ass, it's just a fact of life. The best thing you can do is delete the shading down there.
wheels1758 wrote:DDMX, when you did your boots, did you draw everything from scratch, or use pictures and mold them together?
I spent 4 hours hand drawing everything down to the last stitch from scratch. The dilemma is that this was for the old model, the uvw is slightly different now, which means that it doesn't quite line up anymore.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

ddmx488 wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:I think the wrist looks weird there way to long and skinny for me. The tech 10 skin with the lip in the model just doesnt work for me and i prefer a tech 10 model but i guess its something ill have to get over. The ass also just looks extremely funky. I can't understand why he can pull his pants up but im gunna guess this problem also coincides with the ass end of him looking all square.
The wrist looks wierd becuase no one has skinned it the way it was intended. There is supposed to be skin showing between the lip and the glove, like his jersey got pulled back. The tech 10 skin is not the best, i tried to make a quick conversion from the old model, with the new model and it didn't quite work right. Someone just needs to put time in and make a new skin and quit using mine. There is really nothing you can do with his ass, it's just a fact of life. The best thing you can do is delete the shading down there.
Ok thats fair enough i can see how that would look better than it being the elastic edging for the jersey. The boots aren't that big of a deal i use first person so the wrist were more so my problem. As far as the shading goes i can't do squat with that thing in the.saf and the shading does make it stand out alot more but it'll only really bother me when it comes time to take some screenshots. You did a good job i love the thing to death and i see some of my problems could be fixed just by staring at him long enough to get used to things or by a simple change in the skin.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Thanks for the clarification DDMX, maybe once im done with my current projects, i'll try to make a boot skin, who knows. That seems to be the hardest part on the new model.
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

ya i tried to make some red tech 10s. i gave up haha :oops:
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Changing the color is not the difficult part. I wanna make some gearne's or something!
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

adhkcrfhonda wrote:ya i tried to make some red tech 10s. i gave up haha :oops:
use color overlay :wink:
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
epik
Team: Privateer

Post by epik »

At first impression I thought that he looked kind of small ( i use the chase cam view) , but after playing back a race and looking it over I think it looks awsome. I love the way the folds in the model make it look like he really has gear on. I will take a stab at doing some new boots, now that I have illustrator and photoshop on my home pc :D
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

epik wrote:At first impression I thought that he looked kind of small ( i use the chase cam view) , but after playing back a race and looking it over I think it looks awsome. I love the way the folds in the model make it look like he really has gear on. I will take a stab at doing some new boots, now that I have illustrator and photoshop on my home pc :D
same to me, at first I saw it like a children over the bike, but now it looks way so nice, for me is just messing the rider position/movement ;)
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Post by broland278 »

where is the leatt in the template since its white i cant find it
nickmx
Team: Privateer

Post by nickmx »

if you have photoshop click on the wireframe layer