*Improved* Noob FAQ - Gear not showing? LOOK HERE NOOBS!

Post about creating and skinning models here
MXloverSam40
Team: Privateer

*Improved* Noob FAQ - Gear not showing? LOOK HERE NOOBS!

Post by MXloverSam40 »

Way too many new topics are showing up because skins aren't working. This explaines it. Any questions? Just pm me or post.
Wheels1758 has a video on YouTube that says exactly this, but obviously nobody looks!

1. Go to this link 2009-5-22 Snapshot, inside it says how to do the following but maybe this explains it better.

2. You will need to download one of these (choose by your OS):
Windows users: http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx-2009-05-22.exe
Linux users: http://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mxbin-2009-05-22

3. Then download this:
http://mxsimulator.com/zzzx.saf

4. Now take the first thing you downloaded and place it into your Program Files Folder (C:\Program Files\MX Simulator)

5. Next rename the mx.exe thats already there, name it mxold.exe (or whatever that reminds you its the old one). Then rename the new .exe that you dragged into your folder, name it mx.exe (.exe not needed but it won't hurt)

6. Now in your Program Files Folder rename the zzzx.saf that is already in the folder, name it zzzx-orig.saf (or whatever reminds you its the old one)

7. Now you can drag the zzzx.saf that you just downloaded into your folder and your done!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

But wait! My skins STILL aren't showing! Well then, do the following steps.

1. First download these:
DDMX Rider V1
DDMX Rider V2
Showtime Rider V1
Showtime Rider V2

2. Now make sure you extract them then place them in your Personal Folder (C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\MX Simulator
)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Heres the videos that Wheels1758 did (they say same thing as above but with visual.)

Watch this first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3lsLScZBY

Then watch this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA3j6PwzHt8

Watch this one last:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2gHRJWQk3E

If anything is wrong or needs further detail please post, I fixed it in a hurry so I might have left stuff out.
Last edited by MXloverSam40 on Wed May 27, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Team RedBull Riders
- MXloverSam40 - Shane78 - Zane - sam-brinkley -

*New Answer Lightning Gear*
*Download Gear and Bikes here*
*NEW MX Simulator Video*
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Re: ##### All Noobs! - Look here if skins aren't showing! #####

Post by Mona »

=D !!
huntermx4

Post by huntermx4 »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.........SAM THAT IS SOMETHING ALOT OF PEOPLE SHOULD NO BUT U JUST LIKE MADE MY UPCOMING WEEK WITH THAT :D :lol:
gordy

Post by gordy »

dude, that is going to confuse the hell out of new people.
for starters, theres no such thing as zzzx.exe, its a saf file, secondly, there is only one zzzx.saf file, the original will be called zzzz.saf
secondly, the part about the shortcut just plain doesnt make sense, it would be easier to just tell them to save the exe to c:/programfiles/mxsimulator
instupitious.
MXloverSam40

Post by MXloverSam40 »

gordy wrote:dude, that is going to confuse the hell out of new people.
for starters, theres no such thing as zzzx.exe, its a saf file, secondly, there is only one zzzx.saf file, the original will be called zzzz.saf
secondly, the part about the shortcut just plain doesnt make sense, it would be easier to just tell them to save the exe to c:/programfiles/mxsimulator
hold on ill fix it
Team RedBull Riders

*NEW MX Simulator Video*
MXloverSam40

Post by MXloverSam40 »

bump it up... people still aren't looking a new topic was posted today!
otherwise i wouldn't bump it...
Team RedBull Riders

*NEW MX Simulator Video*
gordy

Re: ***** All Noobs! - Look here if skins aren't showing! ******

Post by gordy »

your thing is still really wrong and confusing, plus, i do believe DJ has already made a thread for this.
instupitious.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Yes, the FAQ thread, but the noobs know too much to think they need to read it :roll:
AverageMatt.

Post by AverageMatt. »

Re name it as something like New Members Read This or something similar.
MXloverSam40

Post by MXloverSam40 »

gordy wrote:your thing is still really wrong and confusing, plus, i do believe DJ has already made a thread for this.
caopy and and fix it for me, then pm me your version... cause i don't get what you mean.
Team RedBull Riders

*NEW MX Simulator Video*
MXloverSam40

Post by MXloverSam40 »

updated! added the videos for visual reference!
Team RedBull Riders

*NEW MX Simulator Video*
Kawasakis

Re: ***** FAQ - Look here if skins aren't showing up! ******

Post by Kawasakis »

Stick this to the top of this forum...
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Not until he gets it right
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

MXloverSam40 wrote:Way too many new topics are showing up because skins aren't working. This explaines it, any questions just pm me or post.
Wheels Has a video on YouTube that says exactly this, but obviously nobody looks!

Just go into general discusion thread and near the top you will see the latest snapshot topic. Click the zzzx.exe download and the snapshot for your operating system (windows or linux) download. Name the zzzx.saf thats already in your folder zzzx-orig.saf. Then place the new one in there (the one you just downloaded). Then name the shortcut that takes you into the game original or something. Then place the new one (should say Snapshot -then the date-) in there and rename it mx. That should help, if this is confusing just pm me and I can tell you step by step.

Now you can do more things with the game! (select helmet, lean back, lean forward, and pause) (must have already downloaded the snapshot as explained above) Enter the game go to customize controls. You can now select your controles for leaning back, forward, and also a pause button. Or just hit Esc. Now you can play online too! Have fun.

Heres the videos that wheels did (they say same thing as above but with visuals!)

Watch this first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-3lsLScZBY

Then watch this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA3j6PwzHt8

Watch this one last:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2gHRJWQk3E
The parts I underlined I found rpoblems with. Instead of windows and Linux ,because you make it sound like they need both, you should put or. The whole 2 or 3 sentences I underlined was because this makes no sense at all. You don't rename the zzzy, zzzz, or zzzx.saf to anything you just put them in your Program files folder and leave them.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
yomo

Post by yomo »

I just read it properly and the entire thing should be underlined.

There is no such thing as zzzx.exe
You do not replace the zzzx.saf with anything
You did not show how to get the new snapshot, what you said was completely wrong
zzzx-orig.saf has just contradicted yourself along with the fact it is 100% wrong
The statement "Then name the shortcut that takes you into the game original or something" does not make any sense

The only thing correct in this "FAQ" is where the snapshot is... which is almost no help to anyone.

I think this should be deleted... it will not help anyone and will cause even more confusion.

Sorry if i have offended anyone but seriously an FAQ at the very last should contain correct and easy to understand information.